Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #2241
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Here's the thing, he has spent more time since the start of the ZA as a prisoner than he did as a leader of the Sanctuary. He has also seen the years since Rick "died" where Alexandria has flourished and become it's own society. So it is possible he could have turned the corner. And I could see him returning on his own as showing that maybe he could be of some use.
They also showed him pretty "broken" before the mid-season break. I kept thinking it was a ploy, but they stuck with the fact that he was miserable, hopeless, and defeated.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #2242
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I really enjoyed this episode. I was mostly tuning out after the previous half of the season, but if it keeps going this way I'll be back on the train. I love the possibilities of the new group hunting them. It is fairly surprising that they had not taken down one of them prior to learning about who they were, but I'm good with suspending reality for that.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #2243
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't really understand this new group though. They just wander around with walkers? Do they piss themselves when necessary? Stop for water breaks and food? Sleep?

Some of these ideas work well in the comic, but don't really translate well to TV.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #2244
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I thought the pacing was great on this episode. They managed to make a very entertaining 1:15 minute episode with relatively little action. I almost forgot how bad AMC is with the commercials though...cannot fathom how anyone can stand watching without a PVR.

Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 AM   #2245
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved Negan's character arc in this episode. Brilliant story telling and some interesting shifts in the character that are totally plausible.

I don't really understand the motivation of the whisperers. What's their end goal? What do they have to gain by hunting the good guys down? It's not like they're eliminating a threat because they didn't even know the whisperers existed until now, and they likely would never know about them since they hide in plain sight.

Motivation is an important part of characters for me to buy in to what they're doing. Negan's group all had various motivations from maintaining power dynamics to pure survival that led to bad actions. I hope they start to reveal more about the motivations of this group otherwise they're just bad for the sake of being bad, which never makes sense.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2019, 06:41 AM   #2246
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I thought the pacing was great on this episode. They managed to make a very entertaining 1:15 minute episode with relatively little action. I almost forgot how bad AMC is with the commercials though...cannot fathom how anyone can stand watching without a PVR.

Spoiler!
Is AMC Premiere available in Canada? They put the episodes up early, and commercial free. $5/month, but worth it when TWD and BCS are on.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #2247
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Is AMC Premiere available in Canada? They put the episodes up early, and commercial free. $5/month, but worth it when TWD and BCS are on.
I'm fine with the PVR. An accompanying streaming service should also be free for any channel you subscribe to.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #2248
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I don't really understand the motivation of the whisperers. What's their end goal? What do they have to gain by hunting the good guys down? It's not like they're eliminating a threat because they didn't even know the whisperers existed until now, and they likely would never know about them since they hide in plain sight.

Motivation is an important part of characters for me to buy in to what they're doing. Negan's group all had various motivations from maintaining power dynamics to pure survival that led to bad actions. I hope they start to reveal more about the motivations of this group otherwise they're just bad for the sake of being bad, which never makes sense.
The trailers have spoken to the motivation of the Whisperers

Spoiler!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #2249
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I loved Negan's character arc in this episode. Brilliant story telling and some interesting shifts in the character that are totally plausible.

The whole point of the Whisperers is that they are mysterious.

I'm sure we'll be learning more about them later. We don't need their motivations spoiled in the first episode.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #2250
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Negan has gone from one of the most cumbersome parts of the show to flat-out the most interesting.

I'm excited to see where this character goes from here.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #2251
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

That episode had so much excellent story telling to it. I loved how the story changes slightly as it goes on and her psyche becomes more rational and aware. Looks like we have another Dwight-esque character in someone who is stuck in a group pretty high up that they may not want to be a part of any longer. A possible defector if you will.

I'm very excited to see Samantha Morton take on the role of Alpha. Just in the handful of scenes she's been in so far, you can see she's performing on a different level than most of her castmates. I think there will be some very memorable stuff coming from her in this character. Looking forward to the rest of this season now.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #2252
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea, that was a solid episode. This show has been quickly winning me over again during this current season.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #2253
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed that episode. It was a great Family Day morning show to watch, all family oriented as it was with the flashbacks.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:33 AM   #2254
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Henry is the new "Carl from season 2."

Where is Negan?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:48 AM   #2255
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty good episode, but I'm sick of Henry's crap. He needs to die.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #2256
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Henry is the new "Carl from season 2."

Where is Negan?
hopefully plotting the death of Henry.

Good episode.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #2257
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Really liked this latest episode. That bit where they were running through the stalks was amazing. I really like the depiction of Alpha so far too. Totally nuts, but in a good way. She seems less cartoony than many of the other villains so far.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #2258
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"The Walking Dead returns in 1 minute"

#### you, AMC.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #2259
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
"The Walking Dead returns in 1 minute"

#### you, AMC.
The amount of commercials on that network is beyond ridiculous. Always feels like I'm watching about 30 minutes' worth of ads and promos for other series with maybe 25-30 minutes of TWD sprinkled in. All I can say is thank christ for PVRs.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #2260
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Decent episode tonight. Nice to see Opie again, even if we didn't actually *see* much of him.

The Whisperers continue to be suitably freaky. I don't know if a garotte could really do that, that quickly though.

The guy that plays Henry is the brother of the girl who played Sophia way back in S1 and 2.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote