Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #2001
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alexandria is near Washington DC (although, the real Alexandria is nothing like the one on the show), so there are numerous military bases (from all branches) within a relatively short distance of where this is all taking place. Assuming they have a reliable supply of fuel, the helicopter people could be coming from anywhere.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #2002
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't it mentioned that they were just on the other side of the dump though? Something about buildings and solar panels?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #2003
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Wasn't it mentioned that they were just on the other side of the dump though? Something about buildings and solar panels?
Simon asked Jada why she had a heli-pad and solar panels.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #2004
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So... is maggie and crew the new villain and going to try to kill Rick and Michonne?
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #2005
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
So... is maggie and crew the new villain and going to try to kill Rick and Michonne?
Well ,they filmed it in a dark room, and dark means evil, so ya. She's basically the new Vader.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #2006
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The climax of the war was always going to be a let down. That said, that was a very underwhelming and awkward finale. It all just felt off, right from the weird Morgan exchange with Henry and the captured Saviors. What the hell was that?

Apart from a few instances here and there, the one thing TWD has done well is maintain a semblance of consistency with their characters. So I expect that Jesus will neither condone or be compliant with Maggie and Darryl's mutiny. I would expect that they both will be waiting for Negan to be a threat again, rather than outright defy Rick and Co., but I can see them prodding that outcome.

I wonder if they will continue with Dwight in some form? I'm fairly invested in that character and would like to see a resolution there.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #2007
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

So when D went to that house, I can't remember what the heck that was. Was that where they were living before? What did the note mean?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #2008
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
So when D went to that house, I can't remember what the heck that was. Was that where they were living before? What did the note mean?
I think they had a meeting spot pre-planned when Dwight helped her escape. Part of their backstory in some way.

It all seemed familiar, (the beers, chips, etc.), but I can't remember how they set that up in a previous episode.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #2009
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Ages ago...like 10 or more episodes ago, when Sherry escapes, Dwight goes to that house as their pre-planned destination. Dwight left the beer and a note to show Sherry that he was still in on escaping, and as a way to check on her to see if she was still alive after she escaped (being on her own and out amongst walkers and such, she may not have made it OR she might want nothing to do with Dwight anymore). That was confirmation that she indeed made it to their spot at some point, although how long ago that was we can't say.

Dwight will spend the rest of this series looking for Sherry. Not sure if we'll see him again, but there's a possibility of his path crossing the groups'. Maybe we'll see Sherry before him. I dunno, but it's out there.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #2010
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it would be fitting if that was it for D. I don't need to know that he finds her or not - just the fact that she might be is enough of an ending for that character.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #2011
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I didn't get the impressions that Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl were planning to take out Rick and Michonne at all. Was simply about taking Negan out. No way Jesus would be involved in killing Rick and Michonne. No chance thats what they're planning.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #2012
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would Jesus want to kill Negan, though? He doesn't like killing either.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #2013
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The climax of the war was always going to be a let down. That said, that was a very underwhelming and awkward finale. It all just felt off, right from the weird Morgan exchange with Henry and the captured Saviors. What the hell was that?

Apart from a few instances here and there, the one thing TWD has done well is maintain a semblance of consistency with their characters. So I expect that Jesus will neither condone or be compliant with Maggie and Darryl's mutiny. I would expect that they both will be waiting for Negan to be a threat again, rather than outright defy Rick and Co., but I can see them prodding that outcome.

I wonder if they will continue with Dwight in some form? I'm fairly invested in that character and would like to see a resolution there.
Thought that last episode was great.

The issue was the pacing leading up to it, totally destroyed the pacing and tone. All of those endless redshirt battles left me a the point where I'd almost forgotten who Negan was. That season should have been compressed into about half as many episodes. All that "action" was totally unnecessary.

Half of the "twists" seemed repetitive too. How many times can Negan disappear from the Saviours. How many double agents does there need to be.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #2014
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sort of saw the Eugene double double cross coming, but I wasn't positive, and he sold it very well when Gabriel got out of the car that he was actually willing to kill them, that his encounter with Rosita and Darryl had steeled his resolve in that regard. But I wasn't surprised when it happened. I was surprised that Negan was one of the people shooting, I think it would've been more fun if the climax had him and Rick at the height of their powers duking it out, but that's not a major gripe.

The decision not to kill Negan, as it's presented, is actually a pretty effective punishment for him. Negan's not insane. He believes his own story, that his way is actually the best way to survive and thrive and create a functional mini-society in the world as it's become. He actually thinks he's saving people. If Rick and Co. lock him up and then go on to create a fully functional, prosperous and flourishing "new world" in the region, that illusion is shattered and he has to face the fact that he's done horrible horrible things that aren't in any way justified. That, I think, is more likely to cause him harm than dying a self-righteous death.

Ironically, if Maggie succeeds in creating discord between Hilltop and Alexandria, she might end up proving Negan right. You wonder if that's how Lauren Cohan gets written off the show. She still doesn't have a deal for another season.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #2015
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I think this is building to an alliance between Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom.

They team up against the Saviors.

Holy hell this might has been the only time I was ever correct on a prediction.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #2016
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Holy hell this might has been the only time I was ever correct on a prediction.
You missed Oceanside. I award you zero internet points!
Old 05-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #2017
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looks like ABC has picked up Lauren Cohan's new series for the fall, so that might affect where things go with Maggie long-term on TWD.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #2018
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It looks like ABC has picked up Lauren Cohan's new series for the fall, so that might affect where things go with Maggie long-term on TWD.
Her new show 'Whiskey Cavalier' sounds like a live-action 'Archer.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:40 AM   #2019
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is a pretty great summary of why people stopped watching the show

Old 05-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #2020
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
She's signed on for S9. If her ABC show takes off I could see them wrap up Maggie's storyline but if it tanks like most pilots do now she'll probably just stick with TWD until this cash cow ends.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote