Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #341
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnuts View Post
I’m sure by the time a read through the rest of the thread this joke will have been made countless times, but

My girlfriend is a nut thief, and I need to hire a squirrel to find out where she left mine.
User name checks out.

Check the purse. They are usually in the purse.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #342
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the win celebration is a little silly, but I bet every kid in the arena goes nuts when they do it. That alone would make it worthwhile.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #343
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve_d View Post
I think the win celebration is a little silly, but I bet every kid in the arena goes nuts when they do it. That alone would make it worthwhile.

I think your on the right track with the kids. I know a lot of people on here don't understand it. but if you go watch some of the local football teams in the south the fans go absolutely nuts. I mean everyone, "kids, teens, and up"; So when you see them celebrate as they do during the hockey games, it helps to understand a lot of it has to do with culture. If you go to a Stamps game during the season, the fans are much more introverted when compared to the fans of NFL or collage teams. I was at the game, the fans were awesome, sure they teased me about being Flames fan but they hugged my wife and I, shook my hand. If you ask Lindholm, he would probably say he was just being fun and connecting with the fans, but some will see it as trolling. The people are just warm and friendly and having a little fin as they should. Let them celebrate if that makes them happy!! Was a great game, fun to watch!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #344
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
User name checks out.

Check the purse. They are usually in the purse.
in a leather sack tied with a Gordian knot

get used to it
trublmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #345
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Good God the Flames don't play until Thursday
Well technically the Flames are playing a game on Tuesday....
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 AM   #346
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind what they do in Carolina. I don't like it, and I do think it would be a touch embarrassing, but that's not my team. Whatever that team can do to make a better experience for the fans, let them do it. I would rather that building rock than it being a library, as that would only hurt the league over all. Whatever they can do to make it more exciting, then great.

If Calgary did it, I would most likely just leave and not wait around for it. Maybe I would enjoy it over time. Who knows. Maybe I would get used to something like that - maybe it would be a different thing, and I would enjoy it right away?

As long as it isn't something douchie (looking at you Vancouver with the 'woo'), or something that is poorly thought-out and simply a copy-cat of something else, I am sure the fans in Calgary would probably be happier for it. I would probably just leave after the games anyway, but if it was cool and fun I might stay.

I also think that it was good on Lindholm for mocking it. Why? He was booed. You don't boo players that were traded away unless they requested being traded, or they spoke out against their former team. Phaneuf was a different animal - from all the stories regarding his off-ice behaviour with fans, to his refusal to become a team player rather than just focused on his own stats... I will argue that Lindholm has been the exact opposite of that in his tenure in Carolina. He did everything Peters asked of him on every line, without complaint (as far as I have heard). No reason to boo him.

Hamilton was rumoured to have wanted to be traded out. Crowd still applauded. Ferland hit Giordano and had a.. discussion... still got applauded. Those fans keep this up, other players will take notice and would rather not sign there.

Hopefully we get Ferland back for a song, and next season he can come back and do the clap with Lindholm and Hanifin too. I can understand why the fans are so bent out of shape for Lindholm mocking 'their thing', but if you treated Lindholm with the respect he deserved - or at least not go out of your way to boo him - you wouldn't have been disrespected either.

Just a simple rule in life I think - treat other people with respect if you want them to treat you with respect. People who act like asses in real life will get ridden pretty hard eventually.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:25 AM   #347
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I also think that it was good on Lindholm for mocking it. Why? He was booed. You don't boo players that were traded away unless they requested being traded, or they spoke out against their former team. Phaneuf was a different animal - from all the stories regarding his off-ice behaviour with fans, to his refusal to become a team player rather than just focused on his own stats... I will argue that Lindholm has been the exact opposite of that in his tenure in Carolina. He did everything Peters asked of him on every line, without complaint (as far as I have heard). No reason to boo him.
Can you please point me to an actual source that refers to Phaneuf's lack of play and off-ice behaviour that isnt from random CP posters or reporters. I don't think he was a different beast and he was booed for no reason just like Lindholm.
keenan87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #348
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So his off ice behaviour has to be published in the media for you to believe it? That’s a touch naive.

Maybe all those people booed him because they themselves or people they knew had experienced Dion’s personality first hand.

Just like many people in Calgary got to experience the quality of person that Jarome Iginla was, and it had nothing to do with what the media said about him.

I gladly booed Phaneuf, and would happily do it again.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #349
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
So his off ice behaviour has to be published in the media for you to believe it? That’s a touch naive.

Maybe all those people booed him because they themselves or people they knew had experienced Dion’s personality first hand.

Just like many people in Calgary got to experience the quality of person that Jarome Iginla was, and it had nothing to do with what the media said about him.

I gladly booed Phaneuf, and would happily do it again.
That is absolute bull#### to believe that Phaneuf has had such a negative impact on thousands of fans in the arena, especially, when he was constantly involved with charity events during his time here. I can see him offending a few people but not a whole arena full. I like to think I know tons of Flames fans and I have never learned about "anyone's personal experiences" with him. Flames fans are just as big idiots as Canes fans for booing Lindholm but that is just my opinion.

Last edited by keenan87; 02-06-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #350
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
That is absolute bull#### to believe that Phaneuf has had such a negative impact on thousands of fans in the arena, especially, when he was constantly involved with charity events during his time here. I can see him offending a few people but not a whole arena full. I like to think I know tons of Flames fans and I have never learned about "anyone's personal experiences" with him. Flames fans are just as big idiots as Canes fans for booing Lindholm but that is just my opinion.

Before you start screaming bull#### and insult the entire fanbase, just think about this:

Why did the fans NOT boo so many other players that have come and gone through the Flames over the years, even notable ones like Tanguay (that pouted and asked to be traded ---- TWICE!!), Huselius, Bouwmeester, Iginla, Langkow, Cammalleri, etc., etc., etc., etc.

After that, draw your own conclusions however you feel comfortable.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #351
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Before you start screaming bull#### and insult the entire fanbase, just think about this:

Why did the fans NOT boo so many other players that have come and gone through the Flames over the years, even notable ones like Tanguay (that pouted and asked to be traded ---- TWICE!!), Huselius, Bouwmeester, Iginla, Langkow, Cammalleri, etc., etc., etc., etc.

After that, draw your own conclusions however you feel comfortable.
By that logic, how come Ryan and Hanifin didn't get booed?
Lindholm must have had off ice issues too as people must have dealt with his ugly personality too.

Oh, I didnt insult the entiire fanbase. Just those who boo players like Phaneuf for no reason but what they hear from random sources.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #352
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames really need to play another game