Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #81
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was watching Boss on Netflix and really enjoyed it through the first two seasons. I then googled to check on status of season 3 and saw it was cancelled. So many loose ends.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #82
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Most of the ones I would have said have been mentioned already.

*Pushing Daisies was a great one. Really quirky and different.
*The Grinder. I was surprised that one was cancelled, I thought it was doing really well ratings-wise.
*Undeclared was really good too.
*Freaks and Geeks.
*Happy Endings was a huge disappointment. It seemed to be gaining a 'cult' following with each season, so I was hoping it would start to help the show out, but I guess too little, too late.
*Veronica Mars. Really strong show. Ended on a cliffhanger type situation. The movie that came later didn't really capture what made the show good in the first place.

I would add...

*Dark Angel was a show that initially struggled to find itself, but was cancelled after two seasons, right when it started to get interesting.
*Kitchen Confidential
*Dead like Me was a cool premise
*Marry Me - I thought Casey Wilson was really cute on that show. The supporting characters were great.
*Trophy Wife - Despite it's unfortunate title, the cast was really great.
*Joan of Arcadia - I surprisingly liked this one, even though it had to do with religion.
*Family Guy - even though it was brought back, I found that after it was cancelled and brought back, the humour and feel of the show changed from the original first few seasons prior cancellation. I assume they lost some of the original writers or something.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #83
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

+1 to all of Freaks and Geeks, Better Off Ted, and Happy Endings.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #84
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
*Family Guy - even though it was brought back, I found that after it was cancelled and brought back, the humour and feel of the show changed from the original first few seasons prior cancellation. I assume they lost some of the original writers or something.
Family Guy has the distinction of being both cancelled too soon and should have been cancelled sooner.

Also, the first scene of the revival when Peter lists off all the Fox shows cancelled after Family Guy is hilarious. A few have been mentioned in this thread.