Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #41
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
First, I haven't heard anything about Mike Fisher being an ally for the black or the indigenous community. He could be but I couldn't find anything with a quick google search.

Second, the comparison between being made to wear a mask or whatever people are concerned about anymore and the oppression experienced by marginalized populations is maddening.
I guess I should have used green text. None of these white male grievance freedumb fighters have ever given a #### about liberty until masks came along.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #42
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Are we talking about completely different Mike Fishers?
I am pretty sure he did not play last year nor is he playing this year. He was a NHL player, now he is just some unemployed guy fighting for freedumb.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:06 PM   #43
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
I guess I should have used green text. None of these white make grievance freedumb fighters have ever given a #### about liberty until masks came along.

Ha ya I didn't pick up on the sarcasm at all - I am glad someone did
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #44
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess I should have used green text. None of these white male grievance freedumb fighters have ever given a #### about liberty until masks came along.
When it's originally posted in the FOI section my sarcasm detector becomes useless.

Good play.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #45
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for not using green text. I appreciate the fact that the people you are satirizing are indeed that tone deaf and moronic that your comments didn't seem out of place in the like.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:18 AM   #46
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

The guy can think whatever he wants. It’s a free country.

Who cares?
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:44 AM   #47
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
The guy can think whatever he wants. It’s a free country.

Who cares?
Sure

And we're all free to go right ahead and think he's an idiot
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 09:23 AM   #48
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got randomly selected for Covid testing upon returning last week. It was a debacle of monumental proportions. The test was supposed to be completed within 24 hours but because of the vendor the federal government using being slammed, I didn't do my test until 7 days after arrival. Didn't get results until 11 days after.

Tyranny? Gimme a break.

Inept federal government? Absolutely.

Ruling party lining the pockets of wealthy friends? Possible. But that's just your run of the mill corruption. This government isn't organized enough to be tyrannical there Mike.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #49
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is he a wack job or just a devoted Christian? I realize the lines can get blurry but most people highly devoted to religion are placing their faith in imaginary things after all.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #50
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's bizarre to me that a majority of people who support the Republican Party how it is today goes on and on about freedom and Liberty but also their most ideal outcome is the US becoming a Christian Theocracy where people have far less freedom than they have now.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #51
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Is he a wack job or just a devoted Christian? I realize the lines can get blurry but most people highly devoted to religion are placing their faith in imaginary things after all.
I don't know, but if I were a betting man...

Carrie is a Southern Girl who sings about Jesus. I'd guess she's pretty hardcore Christian. Mike either became Christian after meeting her, or they found each other because of their Christianity.

I know that is jumping to a lot of conclusions, but I've seen this movie before so
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #52
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lets put it this way.

Rich (white) people have never faced any sort of restriction on liberty to this extent. They have the funds to travel anywhere, buy anything, etc.

The restriction of liberty they have felt was what us mere proles would describe as "lack of funds"
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #53
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
It's bizarre to me that a majority of people who support the Republican Party how it is today goes on and on about freedom and Liberty but also their most ideal outcome is the US becoming a Christian Theocracy where people have far less freedom than they have now.
They don't want real freedom, they want their own specific needs to be free, and #### anyone else who thinks differently.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #54
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I don't know, but if I were a betting man...

Carrie is a Southern Girl who sings about Jesus. I'd guess she's pretty hardcore Christian. Mike either became Christian after meeting her, or they found each other because of their Christianity.

I know that is jumping to a lot of conclusions, but I've seen this movie before so
They are harcore Christian. If that makes them off the rails then a large portion of society is also off the rails.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:14 AM   #55
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They are harcore Christian. If that makes them off the rails then a large portion of society is also off the rails.
Given the percentage of Americans that will still vote for Trump in 2024 or think that the last election was fixed, I would agree that a large portion of society is also off the rails.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #56
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can agree with that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #57
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Is there any more obvious sign of a person being an anti vaxxer/freedumb/QAnon than the old “who cares what people say?” Or “ stop talking politics all the time!!”?

Other than the dozens of Canada flags, #### Trudeau stickers and the fact they never shut up about the tyranny of course. I mean like a “tell me you’re an anti vaxxer without telling me you’re an anti vaxxer” type situation.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:31 AM   #58
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its wild right? They are trying to turn America into 'The Handmaid's Tale.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #59
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
I read a twitter thread recently that basically boiled it down to "the freedom to tell others what to do, and the freedom from being told what to do".
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #60
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Fisher is a moron, and has been for a long time. The only difference now is he is saying the quiet parts out loud, like most of his religiously-motivated nutjob cohorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Is there any more obvious sign of a person being an anti vaxxer/freedumb/QAnon than the old “who cares what people say?” Or “ stop talking politics all the time!!”?
I would disagree with this. I have all my shots, behaved myself during the pandemic, and think the anti-vaxxer/freedumb/QAnoner-types are malignantly stupid. But the last two-and-a-bit years have really made me re-evaluate friendships and familial relationships. It's made me rethink what I spend my time doing, who I spend that time with, and what we talk about.

Say I'm sitting in a pub with some friends... do I want to talk politics, whether or not I agree with theirs? Yeah, the UCP is a goddamned dumpster fire, the Federal Liberals are an unaccountable mess and the only party seemingly capable of challenging them are... well, malignantly stupid.

But we're all friends and we're together; we could talk about anything. Surely we can find something more fun, entertaining, and less depressing to talk about than f--king politics?
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: