Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
Flaming Horse
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames Should we be worried about Kadris age

He will be 32 in October and coming off a long season. He had a career year but before this year his best year was 61pts and very sporadic in his production. He had 87pts last year on a stacked avs team. I know he played mostly on their second line and not with McKinnon. What type of numbers do you guys think he can get. I am sure the intangibles will be there but I am very curious as to what type of numbers he can put up. What kind of numbers do you guys think he can put up over the next couple of years. He will be making 7 mil a year so you hope he can produce at a high level. The big part will be his ability to limit or shutdown and make things miserable for a guy like mcdufus in greaser land.
Flaming Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:01 PM   #2
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Years 1-3 will be fine. 4-5 an overpayment. 6-7 probably buyout territory. But this team is in win now mode so just go with it.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2022, 11:09 PM   #3
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yes , age is the reason why he didn’t get as big a contract as he thinks he deserves

Unless he is special, 3 good years is probably what he has left
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:15 PM   #4
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Has this not been discussed ad-nauseam in several other threads? Flames and in win now and Kadri is a winner. Worry about the later years in the later years.
Burning Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:21 PM   #5
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Has this not been discussed ad-nauseam in several other threads? Flames and in win now and Kadri is a winner. Worry about the later years in the later years.

This was my exact thought when I opened this thread. It's been discussed at length on so many threads already.

The guy hasn't even played a game in our jersey yet. Who cares about his contract, we aren't the ones paying it.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camm13 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2022, 11:21 PM   #6
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nope
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #7
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

OMG I never thought of that!

truth be told he skates better than 24 year old Tkachuk anyway
Old 09-14-2022, 12:07 AM   #8
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

I think 60–70 pts for Kadri on this roster is realistic. And, no, I do not think his age is of any concern. It certainly will become one in a few years, but what is the sense in worrying about that now?

I know you didn't ask, but I am going to give it to you anyways. Here is my projections for Flames forwards in 2022–23:

Huberdeau [90–95 pts] · Lindholm [70–80 pts] · *RW [50–60 pts]
*LW [30–40 pts] · Kadri [60–70 pts] · Mangiapane [50–60 pts]
*LW [30–40 pts] · Backlund [35–45 pts] · Coleman [35–45 pts]
Lucic [15–20 pts] · Rooney [15–20 pts] · Lewis [10–20 pts]

* Tyler Toffoli, Dylan Dube, and Pelletier or Ruzicka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 09-14-2022 at 12:17 AM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 02:05 AM   #9
Mindtravellee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Horse View Post
He will be 32 in October and coming off a long season. He had a career year but before this year his best year was 61pts and very sporadic in his production. He had 87pts last year on a stacked avs team. I know he played mostly on their second line and not with McKinnon. What type of numbers do you guys think he can get. I am sure the intangibles will be there but I am very curious as to what type of numbers he can put up. What kind of numbers do you guys think he can put up over the next couple of years. He will be making 7 mil a year so you hope he can produce at a high level. The big part will be his ability to limit or shutdown and make things miserable for a guy like mcdufus in greaser land.
What's his injury history like? Does he always have niggles or has he been pretty durable?

Don't forget the cap is going up over the next few years as well and although the later years will be an overpayment, he wouldn't look out of place centering lower down the line up too.
Mindtravellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:15 AM   #10
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't worry. He vetoed a trade here in the past, he'll never sign here...oh, he already signed. Well there's huge character issues with him to worry about....oh ya, there really aren't. Well he's too expensive...wait, the cap will go up and it won't be that bad. His play will decline for sure...oh he's actually played well as he's aged and doesn't play a style that will wear him down as fast...well I'm sure there's something to worry about!
Old 09-14-2022, 05:04 AM   #11
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cross your fingers and hope to God that he ages like Pavelski.

I never wanted him signed due to the term but it is what it is. I am sure he is going to be good for at least the next two seasons.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:45 AM   #12
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Cross your fingers and hope to God that he ages like Pavelski.

I never wanted him signed due to the term but it is what it is. I am sure he is going to be good for at least the next two seasons.
Micheal Backlund IS 33 and he was our best player in last years playoffs even against Edmonton. It isn't a light switch with an on/off at a certain age. Even Milan who's lost a lot in his old age is still an asset.

I'll take a pass on this thread in the future.
GS Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 07:04 AM   #13
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I think Kadri still has a high fitness level, for a 32 year old athlete I’d say he’s a bit younger than his actual age. I think the Flames will easily get good value from Kadri and this contract.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 07:30 AM   #14
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Skier View Post
Micheal Backlund IS 33 and he was our best player in last years playoffs even against Edmonton. It isn't a light switch with an on/off at a certain age. Even Milan who's lost a lot in his old age is still an asset.

I'll take a pass on this thread in the future.
Backlund also isn't signed at 7 million until he is 39.

The next two years are not what you worry about, it's the remaining 5 after that.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #15
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

COVID wave 17 will wipe out the 2026-2028 seasons anyways so we won't have to worry about it
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:01 AM   #16
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I think Kadri will be fine . That's a guy playing with a high level of pride and he'll know when it's time to hangem up me thinks.

I bet he has another career year. Great if he gets major points but I'd be willing to bet he'd do anything to win again and being a better 200 ft player will make me value him more. I just love the edge he plays with.....kind of reminds me of Cammalleri....both when needed to snarl and be nasty can do that and score.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #17
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Giordano signed a 6-year deal going into his 33 YO season. Fans had the exact same worries and complaints. He won the Norris in year 3 of that contract. And then he was claimed by Seattle in year 6. The Flames had zero difficult years from it. And at least 3 years where he was a bargain.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 08:21 AM   #18
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames currently have a 5.25M 4th liner...some of you worry too much. Cap will be high in 5-7 years, 7M won't be a huge salary. Besides so many things can happen between now and then
Old 09-14-2022, 08:23 AM   #19
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

thank goodness this discussion was started. it was the elephant in the room and i for one am stunned it has not come up in the thread where we discuss signing kadri
Old 09-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #20
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The last half of this contract will be awful. The flames window to win will likely close in 4ish years. So having lots of cap tied to during a rebuild isn't so bad

Enjoy the next 3-4 years and hope management makes the last big moves needed to win the Cup.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: