Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2022, 06:36 AM   #1561
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Maybe try directing the conversation a bit more.
Not sure if you've interacted with the types I'm talking about. I'm talking the guys that get kind of wide eyed while they talk, cause they're so into spewing everything they've ben thinking all day or week.

You can try to, but being a chronic interrupter is part of there deal, too. As soon as you open your mouth they'll flat out interrupt because their stupid brain won't allow them to hear the other person and take it in. It's just a race to tell you everything they can, like a child.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 06:40 AM   #1562
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

The one guy at work is hilarious as he'll actually run himself out of air once and a while, it's adorable. His voice starts to trail off but you can see he's still trying to push words out and then he'll suddenly fall into a momentary panicked gasp, like little kids do when they're excitedly telling you something.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 09:01 AM   #1563
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Maybe try directing the conversation a bit more.
Sorry can’t talk right now, listening to jayswin vent
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 09:39 AM   #1564
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

BMO RGMG.

Just sold a business through a share sale with clauses that the current bank account would move to mine and my partner's name and a new one would be opened up.

Less than an hour after the sale the buyers went to BMO with the sales agreement (that states the account is to remain with us and not the business) and took over the bank account and issued themselves new cards...at the teller!

By the time we got back into our account at the bank (took 4 hours at the bank) the buyers had already spent thousands of dollars on new stock.

Absolutely ####ing ridiculous that someone can walk in with a piece of paper, take over a bank account and lock out the owners of the account without so much as a phone call, let alone a signature.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:43 AM   #1565
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When you sneeze so hard that you pull or strain a muscle and it feels like your rib cage is on fire, then you spend the next night waking up yelling whenever you roll over.

Yeah, that's a gear grinder for me.

the good news though is at least I didn't poop myself a little when I sneezed, so yah.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #1566
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
BMO RGMG.

Just sold a business through a share sale with clauses that the current bank account would move to mine and my partner's name and a new one would be opened up.

Less than an hour after the sale the buyers went to BMO with the sales agreement (that states the account is to remain with us and not the business) and took over the bank account and issued themselves new cards...at the teller!

By the time we got back into our account at the bank (took 4 hours at the bank) the buyers had already spent thousands of dollars on new stock.

Absolutely ####ing ridiculous that someone can walk in with a piece of paper, take over a bank account and lock out the owners of the account without so much as a phone call, let alone a signature.
That's a big yikes. Letter to the ombudsman maybe?

BMO sent a replacement credit card to an address I hadn't lived at for 10 years and then cancelled the account because they thought it was fraud. I'd had that account for 25 years, always updated the address and had received years of statements and earlier replacement cards at my new address. The whole thing was just bizarre.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:29 PM   #1567
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
BMO RGMG.

I’m sure I’m not the only one curious what the outcome was? Did the bank reverse the switch and credit the monies or is the $$$ gone and you’re SOL?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:31 PM   #1568
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
That's a big yikes. Letter to the ombudsman maybe?

BMO sent a replacement credit card to an address I hadn't lived at for 10 years and then cancelled the account because they thought it was fraud. I'd had that account for 25 years, always updated the address and had received years of statements and earlier replacement cards at my new address. The whole thing was just bizarre.
TD wasn’t much better… took me about 15 attempts at an address change that they couldn’t get right. So I closed my account. Literally that was the reason. That was about 20 years ago. I still usually get a yearly statement but that depends which address it gets sent to.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:17 PM   #1569
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I’m sure I’m not the only one curious what the outcome was? Did the bank reverse the switch and credit the monies or is the $$$ gone and you’re SOL?
They reversed the switch and my partner has a meeting with them today. The manager we spoke with also couldn't believe it happened so it sounds like it was a teller who didn't follow any of their procedures.

As for the money we'll see, they said they'll pay us back but I have no idea why they even pulled this stunt after we explicitly refused to let them have the account.

I've heard they're pretty shady but am still just in disbelief that they did this and that it was allowed to happen.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #1570
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you don't get your money back I'd be looking into legal routes, specifically against BMO as it was their negligence that caused this issue.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 02:33 PM   #1571
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
If you don't get your money back I'd be looking into legal routes, specifically against BMO as it was their negligence that caused this issue.
I'd also be reporting the guys who bought the company for straight up fraud/theft.

They knew that wasn't their money and they took it anway.
That's not an accident, that's a crime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #1572
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife had an inactive savings account that had like $10 in it so once notified by the bank she transferred the money into another account. The transaction led to a service fee that caused the account to go into overdraft and add another $5 overdraft charge. Dumb.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:38 PM   #1573
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
BMO RGMG.

Has the deal gone through? Just tack on that money to the purchase price. Plus 20% for "professional services".
Old 08-11-2022, 02:51 PM   #1574
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Not sure if you've interacted with the types I'm talking about. I'm talking the guys that get kind of wide eyed while they talk, cause they're so into spewing everything they've ben thinking all day or week.

You can try to, but being a chronic interrupter is part of there deal, too. As soon as you open your mouth they'll flat out interrupt because their stupid brain won't allow them to hear the other person and take it in. It's just a race to tell you everything they can, like a child.

Oh man this hits close to home. I am good friends with a couple, who in general a really nice interesting people. I had them over for a BBQ the other weekend, and they got a little drunk. The wife spoke for what must have been 7 hours uninterrupted. Just 7 continuous hours. Not a single moment of silence. Not even while we ate.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 03:48 PM   #1575
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't had a good experience to skip the dishes in the last five tries over the last couple months. It's an absolutely worthless service delivering ice cold food.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:51 PM   #1576
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

We had an intern like this once upon a time. I would've chalked it up to being young and excited, but he was late 20s/early 30s (about my age at the time). Your comment about how he'd run out of breath getting all his thoughts out there had me laughing out loud. It was exactly the same, and it utterly drained me any time I spend more than two minutes with him. He was like a black hole.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #1577
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Oh man this hits close to home. I am good friends with a couple, who in general a really nice interesting people. I had them over for a BBQ the other weekend, and they got a little drunk. The wife spoke for what must have been 7 hours uninterrupted. Just 7 continuous hours. Not a single moment of silence. Not even while we ate.
Nice of you to have my mom over for dinner. 7 is low. She can do 16 straight easy.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #1578
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s worse when they’re forgetful and tell you the same anecdotes every time you get together.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #1579
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasps. #### them.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 09:06 PM   #1580
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Wasps. #### them.
We apparently have a wasp nest in our driveway that has some cracks in it. WTF? I thought wasps always make nests up high or at least not in the ground.

I've sprayed the area with wasp killer multiple times but always find more.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote