Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-04-2022, 07:51 AM   #41
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spent the day yesterday trying to configure my router to route a specific site only through VPN for all traffic as I found my private torrent site has IPTV. All VPN providers are cheap but only if you pay for 1/2/3 years in advance and I really want to test it out first. Sure they all have money back guarantees and I understand why they stopped doing free trials but its annoying.

Anyway I tried a cheaper VPN called PureVPN and they had specific instructions for Pfsense and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if other settings are causing issues but I would be more inclined to think that PureVPN is just trash. After I cancel I will try a more reputable provider and hopefully not waste as much time.

Finding an issue with usenet where certain movies/shows are stuck, they have downloaded but don't transfer over or rename like the rest, I can go in and manually complete them which isn't too bad as its not a lot but I would like to fix that for sure.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #42
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Spent the day yesterday trying to configure my router to route a specific site only through VPN for all traffic as I found my private torrent site has IPTV. All VPN providers are cheap but only if you pay for 1/2/3 years in advance and I really want to test it out first. Sure they all have money back guarantees and I understand why they stopped doing free trials but its annoying.

Anyway I tried a cheaper VPN called PureVPN and they had specific instructions for Pfsense and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if other settings are causing issues but I would be more inclined to think that PureVPN is just trash. After I cancel I will try a more reputable provider and hopefully not waste as much time.

Finding an issue with usenet where certain movies/shows are stuck, they have downloaded but don't transfer over or rename like the rest, I can go in and manually complete them which isn't too bad as its not a lot but I would like to fix that for sure.
For IPTV stuff you can hook that into Plex by faking it out as a HDHomeRun TV Tuner if you can manage to find the proper guide and program information for the channel that they are distributing. You will have to use XteVe for this and hook in a free guide provider like Zap2It.

Not sure about your VPN issue, I know PIA and IPVanish both work w/ openVPN.

Check your logs or the info button on the download to see why it isn't doing the rename. The only time I have rename stall out is when the episode name are still showing up as TBA because the show is so new, the episode data hasn't come in from TVDB yet and Sonarr will not do the import and rename on episode names being TBAs if you set your file rename rules to include episode title. Like when D+ drops an episode at midnight and TVDB hasn't updated the episode name yet. Usually you'd just wait, refresh the info for the show a few hours later, then refresh the download folder. Or you can introduce a manual wait a certain period in your downloader so it doesn't run into this problem. Movies don't usually get stuck unless it tried to download a version that was not an upgrade on something you already downloaded. In which case, adjust your "upgrade content until certain quality" settings.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:47 AM   #43
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
For IPTV stuff you can hook that into Plex by faking it out as a HDHomeRun TV Tuner if you can manage to find the proper guide and program information for the channel that they are distributing. You will have to use XteVe for this and hook in a free guide provider like Zap2It.
I was hoping there was a way to hook it into Plex, I found an addon for IPTV but it hasn't been supported for years and didn't work. This IPTV uses the .m3u file with the channel into in it so I will look into the above and see if I can make that work.

I use sites for sports without VPN and never thought twice about it but I assume IPTV could face the same issues with your ISP as torrents? They also have VOD which I figure was just streaming torrents but if I can get the data to go through the VPN for IPTV its worth the cost just to be safe.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:03 AM   #44
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was hoping there was a way to hook it into Plex, I found an addon for IPTV but it hasn't been supported for years and didn't work. This IPTV uses the .m3u file with the channel into in it so I will look into the above and see if I can make that work.

I use sites for sports without VPN and never thought twice about it but I assume IPTV could face the same issues with your ISP as torrents? They also have VOD which I figure was just streaming torrents but if I can get the data to go through the VPN for IPTV its worth the cost just to be safe.
Plugins have all been discontinued for Plex since 2020 so those don't work anymore. What XTeVe does it wraps up that .m3u file from the IPTV provider, and formats the guide data from Zap2It so it shows up like an TV tuner to Plex. if your IPTV feeds are not P2P, which most are not, you don't really need to go through VPN either.

You can also look at XTeVe w/ Lazystreams, this wraps up yarrr IPTV NHL feeds that can get fed into Plex. This is quite a bit more complicated to do tho

Last edited by FlameOn; 04-04-2022 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2022, 09:30 PM   #45
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

After spending a few hours more than I should have after making stupid mistakes, got it up and running and it’s amazing, guide is working for all channels I added which is just sports for now while testing, now I need to go through the thousands of channels and make a definitive channel list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2022, 10:57 PM   #46
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
After spending a few hours more than I should have after making stupid mistakes, got it up and running and it’s amazing, guide is working for all channels I added which is just sports for now while testing, now I need to go through the thousands of channels and make a definitive channel list.
Nice, does your private tracker make you constantly donate to keep the IPTV?
Old 04-05-2022, 07:41 AM   #47
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Nice, does your private tracker make you constantly donate to keep the IPTV?
Oh yeah they are just reselling a service that anyone can get from
what I can tell. Haven’t had any buffering issues yet so I’m happy to pay the $10/month so far. With that I also get upload credit and hit and run immunity but my ratio is so high from my seedbox that doesn’t matter.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:52 AM   #48
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Plex Discover feature adds trailers, unified search and wishlist for your personal library, live TV, and all you streaming services, if you are subscribed to any. I have Amazon Prime and it seems to integrate quite well. Seems to only work on player devices for now

https://gizmodo.com/plexs-new-univer...ogl-1848753037
Old 04-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #49
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have a good IPTV service they want to PM me?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:19 PM   #50
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raekwon were you able to add nhl66, to your plex console?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:45 AM   #51
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I am interested in this as well.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 10:03 AM   #52
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I am interested in this as well.
You can add NHL66 streams to Plex using xTeVe-lazystream then configuring your channels that way takes a bit of work and understanding of how to set up docker containers or pulling those scripts out of github and set these up on any OS. You can also do same thing with other IPTV providers, but those cost extra.
https://github.com/taylorbourne/xteve_lazystream

Last edited by FlameOn; 04-16-2022 at 10:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2022, 07:35 AM   #53
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I had to look it up because I have never heard of NHL66. I haven't tried because the IPTV provider I use seems to have all of the feeds/channels for any game. I'm setup exactly how FlameOn describes it for my provider so I assume it would work the same way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 12:04 AM   #54
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was never able to get this working. Nhl66 isn't a real IPTV channel, it's just a streaming website.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:20 PM   #55
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I was never able to get this working. Nhl66 isn't a real IPTV channel, it's just a streaming website.
Lazystreams packages up the NHL66 CI yarr feeds into the proper EPG/playlist files so its' no different than the IPTV channels you'd get elsewhere. Just the EPG doesn't update until noon gameday in most cases
Old 05-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #56
redflamesfan08
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Maybe this is a quick answer for anyone who has done it. Does using the lazyman add-on strictly to stream sources like nhl66 require all the HW requirements that OTA streaming do?

I'd rather not purchase the plexpass just for this only to find out that there's a bunch more HW needed that I'm definitely not going to buy.
redflamesfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:39 PM   #57
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflamesfan08 View Post
Maybe this is a quick answer for anyone who has done it. Does using the lazyman add-on strictly to stream sources like nhl66 require all the HW requirements that OTA streaming do?

I'd rather not purchase the plexpass just for this only to find out that there's a bunch more HW needed that I'm definitely not going to buy.
To stream any sort of liveTV you need Plex Pass, Plex locked that functionality behind that paywall. To stream from lazystream you'll need the same HW requirements as OTA streaming, somewhere to run the scripts from for sure which rules out closed platforms like Android Plex Servers tho.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #58
redflamesfan08
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
To stream any sort of liveTV you need Plex Pass, Plex locked that functionality behind that paywall. To stream from lazystream you'll need the same HW requirements as OTA streaming, somewhere to run the scripts from for sure which rules out closed platforms like Android Plex Servers tho.

Thanks! Think that answers my questions
redflamesfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:26 AM   #59
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Lazystreams packages up the NHL66 CI yarr feeds into the proper EPG/playlist files so its' no different than the IPTV channels you'd get elsewhere. Just the EPG doesn't update until noon gameday in most cases
I found that when I added the IPTV channels in Plex, it would ask me to select an EPG listings provider, but Plex's UI would demand that I enter a postal code, and Plex would use that postal code to retrieve a list of local TV providers.

How did you get past that part?
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:54 PM   #60
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I found that when I added the IPTV channels in Plex, it would ask me to select an EPG listings provider, but Plex's UI would demand that I enter a postal code, and Plex would use that postal code to retrieve a list of local TV providers.

How did you get past that part?
Select "Use XMLTV guide" for TV instead of the Plex provided one
https://support.plex.tv/articles/using-an-xmltv-guide/