Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #181
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

2UNDR are my underwear of choice. They hold up way better than SAXX and have a nice feel to them. I’ve got about 10 pairs and they are wonderful.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #182
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Hey, if anyone is size medium, Sport Chek has some really nice kinetic Saxx on sale for $19. https://www.sportchek.ca/product/331...2645=331602651
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #183
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have about 30 pairs, for the last 2 years its the only brand I have.

Pros: I used to use Joe Boxer from costco but it stretches out, elastic loses its tighness, seams around leg loosen like all underwear. Thus far no pair of Saxx has done that. Of course the price I pay for 1 = 5 pairs of Joe Boxer.

Cons: Be careful of what style you buy. I have purchased a few that I thought were one style but ended up being something completely different and those only get worn if I have been lax on the laundry.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #184
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://thelasthunt.com/collections/...saxx-underwear
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #185
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried SAXX and thought they sucked.

Prefer Under Armour boxer jocks. Way better quality and they last 5+ years.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/me...cid1307038-602
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #186
oilfanforever
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've not tried Saxx personally, but find the labelling a little bit ugly/gaudy.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but I love wearing Bread and Boxers underwear, and lounge wear. I'm not 100% sure you can get it in Canada, but I can definitely recommend. See - https://breadandboxersusa.com/man

Not many things that can make you feel as dapper as King Henrik either..
oilfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #187
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

So...I like my saxx underwear, but I find that they give me wedgies. Does anyone else have this issue? They're very comfortable on the front, not so much on the back end. Weird problem that doesn't happen with any of my other kinds of underwear.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #188
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
So...I like my saxx underwear, but I find that they give me wedgies. Does anyone else have this issue? They're very comfortable on the front, not so much on the back end. Weird problem that doesn't happen with any of my other kinds of underwear.
Yeah man, I only have one pair of Saxx and hardly wear them. They bunch up and ride up my legs.

These are the Saxx Vibe model, "modern fit". Purple box.

1/10. Would not recommend.

Maybe I should try a different model before writing them off as sucky.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #189
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
Yeah man, I only have one pair of Saxx and hardly wear them. They bunch up and ride up my legs.

Weird, "Vibe" is the only model I like. I have 8 or 9 pairs and never had a problem with any of them
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #190
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Honest to Christ, finding ideal underwear is really hard.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #191
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meundies are still my favourite. Everything else I've tried rides up, isn't comfy, or wears out fast.

Happy to try their one with the ball sack when it comes oit
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #192
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personal issue, but the 2 different Saxx I had (bought on sale) didn't fit well. M was too small and the L was too big (I'm talking about the waist fit). Frankly, the issue they are meant to address has never made me hunt for the "right" underwear. Decent athletic ones - underarmour/reebok/etc. has always been fine.

But I do want to know if anyone has used the Saxx swimsuit - it has a fitted boxer short-type liner. My kid gets leg rashes when swimming in the ocean and I'm thinking that this could help.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #193
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post

Its a general Saxx thing I find. Why They feel different than Saxx, try BN3TH (formally Mypakage). I find they stay way better on the leg than Saxx and the quality has improved a lot since the Mypakage days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Personal issue, but the 2 different Saxx I had (bought on sale) didn't fit well. M was too small and the L was too big (I'm talking about the waist fit). Frankly, the issue they are meant to address has never made me hunt for the "right" underwear. Decent athletic ones - underarmour/reebok/etc. has always been fine.

But I do want to know if anyone has used the Saxx swimsuit - it has a fitted boxer short-type liner. My kid gets leg rashes when swimming in the ocean and I'm thinking that this could help.
Could be an issue with the styles you are buying. Vibe (along with another that the name is esacping me at the moment) is a slightly smaller fitting style. If you fall at a certain waist you can be a totally different size then what the chart recomends. Example. I am a 34 waist jean so usually I take a Medium in Saxx, however because the waist of VIBE is a tad smaller I have to get Large when I pick out Vibe. Yet if I was to buy ULTRA (same material, slightly larger fit) I have to stick with M.

As for the swimsuit they just feel like the old trunks with liners. I like the feeling of just using "Quest" Saxx under my boardshorts better than the Saxx swimsuit (Cannonball). It is exactly what Saxx does, expect they Quest is sewn together to the short.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #194
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Could be an issue with the styles you are buying. Vibe (along with another that the name is esacping me at the moment) is a slightly smaller fitting style. If you fall at a certain waist you can be a totally different size then what the chart recomends. Example. I am a 34 waist jean so usually I take a Medium in Saxx, however because the waist of VIBE is a tad smaller I have to get Large when I pick out Vibe. Yet if I was to buy ULTRA (same material, slightly larger fit) I have to stick with M.
Very interesting - I'm about the same size waist as you and I've found a few of my pairs of Saxx fit tight. I think they indeed are likely the Vibe ones. Most of what I buy are the Ultra or Platinum which fit great. I'll have to try the L Vibe at some point and see if they work.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote