Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-15-2021, 11:54 PM   #1
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Looking for some help from CP.

I hope this is ok to put here, if not then I trust the admin will remove it. As many of the people here know I work in education and this last year and a bit with the pandemic has been a very trying time for all of us. One shining light I have had through all fo this is work I have done with a student over the last three years to help them get to graduation. They have been through an incredible journey to get to their graduation this year and I can't share much of the story but suffice it to say this young person has been through more trauma and challenges than the average student I work with.

Throughout all of our work one highlight has always been our discussions around hockey, he is a huge Flames flan and I, as my handle suggest, am a Winnipeg boy. I also love the Flames, but I grew up as a Jets Fan so we have had a great rivalry for the last three years. So, now I have been invited by his guardians to a small event they are holding within the rules of Covid to celebrate this young person's monumental accomplishment. To that end I would love to bring him some piece of Flames memorabilia or something related to the Flames but have no idea how to reach out them. Is this something they could support? I am not a collector of fan stuff so I am reaching out to those who are more versed in this type of thing. I am happy to buy something if someone has something they want to get rid of, but I thought the Flames must have some where I can reach out to as this is a kid that has been through hell and would love it the Flames could do something for him. I figured the collective knowledge here would likely have some advice.

Thanks for reading
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:42 AM   #2
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFan View Post
I hope this is ok to put here, if not then I trust the admin will remove it. As many of the people here know I work in education and this last year and a bit with the pandemic has been a very trying time for all of us. One shining light I have had through all fo this is work I have done with a student over the last three years to help them get to graduation. They have been through an incredible journey to get to their graduation this year and I can't share much of the story but suffice it to say this young person has been through more trauma and challenges than the average student I work with.

Throughout all of our work one highlight has always been our discussions around hockey, he is a huge Flames flan and I, as my handle suggest, am a Winnipeg boy. I also love the Flames, but I grew up as a Jets Fan so we have had a great rivalry for the last three years. So, now I have been invited by his guardians to a small event they are holding within the rules of Covid to celebrate this young person's monumental accomplishment. To that end I would love to bring him some piece of Flames memorabilia or something related to the Flames but have no idea how to reach out them. Is this something they could support? I am not a collector of fan stuff so I am reaching out to those who are more versed in this type of thing. I am happy to buy something if someone has something they want to get rid of, but I thought the Flames must have some where I can reach out to as this is a kid that has been through hell and would love it the Flames could do something for him. I figured the collective knowledge here would likely have some advice.

Thanks for reading

PM Sent with some potential information to potentially assist.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Check your PM
Titan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #4
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Huge shout out to Titan2 for going out on a limb to help me reach out to someone with the Flames, I truly appreciate it. I also want to thank everyone else that stepped up, I don't want to bombard people at the Flames with the same request so I have emailed Titan2's contact and will let you all know how it plays out.

I am so grateful for this community, this young person has an incredible story of resiliency and perseverance and I am excited to see what we can do to celebrate the role his passion for the Flames has played in his healing. Thank you again everyone, I am humbled by the immediate response to this request. You are wonderful people.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quick update:

The Flames are coming through in a huge way for this young fellow. Details to follow! Thank you all for all your responses. We can consider help received. Thanks all!!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WinnipegFan For This Useful Post: