Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #2281
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bale to LAFC? I didnt figure he'd leave Europe but LA has some fine Golf Courses too.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #2282
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus to Arsenal, I like it!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...anchester-city
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2022, 01:04 PM   #2283
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thats probably a good buy for them.

Congratulations on signing the saddest striker in the world.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #2284
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

In other news, Bale to LAFC is confirmed.

https://global.espn.com/football/laf...e-deal-sources

Old 06-27-2022, 01:55 PM   #2285
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Fubo is running a deal till the end of the month for 45% off for a quarterly/yearly subscription.

https://www.fubo.tv/stream/ca/presea...paign=PL_email
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cSpooge For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #2286
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
Fubo is running a deal till the end of the month for 45% off for a quarterly/yearly subscription.

https://www.fubo.tv/stream/ca/presea...paign=PL_email
Damn you. Fine.

I just subscribed for the first year. We shall see how this goes.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #2287
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the heads up cSpooge, at basically half off it's hard to say no. I'm probably gonna keep DAZN even with the price increase, at least until the NFL decides who it's selling Sunday Ticket to, but once I can get Sunday Ticket elsewhere it's gonna be DaBye to DAZN.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:32 PM   #2288
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah CSpooge, really appreciate the heads-up.

I'm going to run this year with both, especially seeing as how I'm anticipating another deep run in the CL by Liverpool and then re-evaluate DAZN next year.

If DAZN is even a going concern after this season.

If you lose the PL and NFL and who knows what else you become a bit-part player and may as well pack it up, sell whats left, call it a day and move along.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:41 PM   #2289
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

it's the first and probably only time I will ever click on an instagram ad. I was already going to get it but mine as well get it at 45% off.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:43 PM   #2290
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, mine as well
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #2291
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like De Jong to United is done in Principle if not fully hammered out.

Quote:
United are set to pay €65 million up front for the midfielder, who is manager Erik ten Hag's top summer target.

Performance-based add-ons, which could take the cost above €80m, are still to be agreed, as well as the player's personal terms, and sources close to negotiations have told ESPN the deal is not yet done and that there are still "significant" hurdles to overcome.
https://global.espn.com/football/soc...er-fee-sources

Old 06-28-2022, 01:07 PM   #2292
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

great if true. I'll only start celebrating when it's done and dusted, but adding De Jong is the absolute keypiece of this summer's window and a perfect fit.

United are apparently signing a new LB too, in Tyrell Malacia from Feyenoord for €15m. Don't know much about him, but he can hardly be worse than Telles.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:11 AM   #2293
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like it’s imploding

Lovely
Old 06-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #2294
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

what is imploding?
Old 06-29-2022, 12:21 PM   #2295
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
what is imploding?
Granted, most Spanish press are the piss — media site “Sport.es”, is indicating, de Jong doesn’t want to leave..
Old 06-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #2296
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Granted, most Spanish press are the piss — media site “Sport.es”, is indicating, de Jong doesn’t want to leave..
Well thats no secret. He never wanted to leave.

He was very open about wanting to stay at Barca, but right now Barca are practically shoving him out the door.

He's one of their only players with actual cash value so that they can bring some money through the door and they probably feel that they can replace him from within.

So they get a big Transfer Fee and they get his wages (reportedly £170k/week) off their books.

He's a good player, I dont know why he wants to stay at Barca, that team is a mess and it looks like he's going to get a substantial per week raise at United.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #2297
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe its less about him not wanting to leave Barca and more about him having a conversation with Donny van de Beek and not wanting to go to United?

Lack of Champions' League could be in there too, but hes what? 24? They'll get there eventually.

If they hadnt imploded during the run-in and been 'yoinked' by Spurs they'd have qualified for CL and this season was a huge mess for United.

Granted, if there was any truth to the rumours that Ronaldo wants out and De Gea's quality level slips even just a little....next season could be seriously worse unless Ten Hag is a miracle worker.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:20 PM   #2298
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's a nothing story. Of course the local media will put out the narrative that the player doesn't want to leave, but evil La Liga is forcing them to sell. But even if you concede that incompetence has been rife at United over the past few years: they wouldn't spend weeks negotiating a fee and payment structure if there were any doubts about the player being open to make the switch. I'm sure he loves Barcelona and would prefer the stay, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't go to United and be professional about it. Ten Hag is key here, and there's been every indication from Dutch and English media that de Jong would welcome working with him at United. United fans are understandably wary after getting burned by di Maria, but this is a completely different situation. Di Maria has stated many times that van Gaal contributed to him being miserable ... Ten Hag knows de Jong well and knows how to use him on the field. It'll be fine.

United have had a slow start to this summer, but it seems that was mostly down to the de Jong fee and budgeting accordingly. Read somewhere today (Guardian, I think?) that Eriksen is still mulling over offers, but is tempted by United. If they manage to bring in de Jong, Malacia and Eriksen over the next few days, then things don't look all that grim anymore. Can then focus on raiding Ajax for a couple of their players
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2022, 01:46 PM   #2299
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
it's a nothing story. Of course the local media will put out the narrative that the player doesn't want to leave, but evil La Liga is forcing them to sell. But even if you concede that incompetence has been rife at United over the past few years: they wouldn't spend weeks negotiating a fee and payment structure if there were any doubts about the player being open to make the switch. I'm sure he loves Barcelona and would prefer the stay, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't go to United and be professional about it. Ten Hag is key here, and there's been every indication from Dutch and English media that de Jong would welcome working with him at United. United fans are understandably wary after getting burned by di Maria, but this is a completely different situation. Di Maria has stated many times that van Gaal contributed to him being miserable ... Ten Hag knows de Jong well and knows how to use him on the field. It'll be fine.

United have had a slow start to this summer, but it seems that was mostly down to the de Jong fee and budgeting accordingly. Read somewhere today (Guardian, I think?) that Eriksen is still mulling over offers, but is tempted by United. If they manage to bring in de Jong, Malacia and Eriksen over the next few days, then things don't look all that grim anymore. Can then focus on raiding Ajax for a couple of their players
Oh I completely agree.

He may not 'want to go' but its like the age-old thing where when a player may or may not want to leave, once its clear that the club are trying to move him on then its time to go.

And I will fully concede that United have been a 3-ring Circus that even Barnum and Bailey would be envious of.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:17 AM   #2300
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1542396131509936128
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post: