Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #2261
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

5 subs for International Games, and regional Club Competitions (is. The three UEFA tournaments)

3 subs for Domestic Leagues

I don’t love more subs in domestic leagues as it really favours the big clubs.

In terms of time wasting they should just lose possession. Goalie doesn’t put ball back into play in x amount of time…it’s a corner or if it was a free kick the other team gets possession from that spot.

That will sort things out quickly. A yellow generally isn’t enough of a disincentive but if all of a sudden you’re giving up possession in a potentially dangerous area…the ball will be back in play much quicker

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 06-13-2022 at 02:43 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #2262
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

If we’re fixing things, I’d rather focus on getting rid of tactical fouls. Multiple exciting plays die every game because the punishment of a yellow is worth it.

Teams will still waste time no matter what because it breaks up the game. If refs would just add the appropriate amount of time wasted and round up a little then the majority of the issue would go away.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #2263
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

The only solution for punishing the tactical foul is a red card but it doesn't handicap the team. An orange card? Essentially a forced sub. And if you are out of dubs, tough.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:57 AM   #2264
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs have made three signings since Friday, when the window opened. Ivan Perisic, Fraser Forster and now Yves Bissouma. It’s so great to get things done with a plan, and early in the summer as opposed to panic-buying Moussa Sissoko on the last day!

Bissouma is a huge add for us. Still some others out there being talked about, but who knows if they’re actually happening or just chatter.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #2265
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

There should be a montage of Harry Maguire's Greatest Hits.

Where he is either 1 or 30 yards away from goals being scored.

Being right on the spot and doing nothing or casually trotting back, completely out of the play, to retrieve the ball out of his own net.

You're the man 'Arry!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:42 PM   #2266
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler for size, but this meme makes me laugh every single time!

Spoiler!
Old 06-17-2022, 09:12 AM   #2267
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mane to Bayern is done. €32m plus €9m in add-ons.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #2268
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if the Vieira pick up has been finalized, but liking this move by Arsenal.

Hopefully they can get the Jesus acquisition to the finish line as well, though for selfish reasons I was hoping David would be the striker they’d go for.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #2269
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are the United fans awaiting the 'Pogmentary' with baited breath?

Pogba speaking about his glimmering stint at Manchester United.

This....should be brilliant.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #2270
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

the very fact that there is a "Pogmentary" (good lord ...) tells you everything you need to know about him: brand over football, always and every time.

whenever I'm pissed about the current state of United, I remember that Paul Pogba is no longer at the club and it makes me smile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 12:13 PM   #2271
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Adios Sadio! Best of luck in Germany!

I do like the fact that Liverpool bought Sadio Mane, had him for 6 years and then sold him for almost exactly what they originally paid.

Good bit of business that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 02:43 PM   #2272
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Seems like a pretty decent price tag, like less than I was expecting, for someone at his talent level no?
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #2273
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Seems like a pretty decent price tag, like less than I was expecting, for someone at his talent level no?
yeah his contract situation played into it. Only one year left and he's 30, so that'll bring the price down. Just a few days ago, the English media still harped about Liverpool being staunch about their evaluation of around €45m, but that was always unlikely.

in the end, it'll be decent business for Bayern if they can sell Lewandowski for around €40m. Mane brings a completely different skill set, but replacing Lewandowski one for one is impossible anyway.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:03 PM   #2274
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
yeah his contract situation played into it. Only one year left and he's 30, so that'll bring the price down. Just a few days ago, the English media still harped about Liverpool being staunch about their evaluation of around €45m, but that was always unlikely.

in the end, it'll be decent business for Bayern if they can sell Lewandowski for around €40m. Mane brings a completely different skill set, but replacing Lewandowski one for one is impossible anyway.
Precisely, you can see that Liverpool and Klopp are slowly recycling their attacking options moving the 30-year olds out and bringing in a younger attack in Jota, Diaz and Darwin.

Dont know what the plan is for Firmino and of course Salah is the outlier because, even at almost 30 the guy is in great shape, but do you re-up him for 5 more years? He is going to be on expensive wages.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #2275
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes. Yes. All about Liverpool and Klopp moving 30 year old Mane out and nothing at all to do with the fact that he wanted to move on.

Spin spin spin but the simple fact is Liverpool just lost a very good player. Bargain for Bayern and Mane gets his deserved pay increase.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #2276
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rooney has left Derby County. Can't blame him one bit.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:49 PM   #2277
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

DAZN are having a laugh, aren't they? They lose the Premier League rights for next season, and now I get an email saying the annual fee is going up from $150 to $200.

I was already strongly heading towards ditching them as CL is not worth that much in my mind, but absolutely cancelling with them now.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 05:42 PM   #2278
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
DAZN are having a laugh, aren't they? They lose the Premier League rights for next season, and now I get an email saying the annual fee is going up from $150 to $200.

I was already strongly heading towards ditching them as CL is not worth that much in my mind, but absolutely cancelling with them now.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

I do like some of their other content, but not that much. I might have to dust off my eye-patch and see if there will be other ways to watch UCL.

For someone like me, I'm not sure CL matches are worth $200.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #2279
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m on the fence. I do want to watch Spurs in CL, but it’s a pretty hefty price for that and not a lot else that I watch on DAZN.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:16 AM   #2280
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I already had Fubo TV because it carried all the CPL games and Canadian national team games. It also had Seria A and Ligue 1. Now it’s also going to carry EPL. It’s a great deal. I think it’s around $150?
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote