Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2024, 06:21 AM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

For a brief moment at the beginning of this thread I was considering getting one of these seeing it's been a long time. Then I read Slava's post and did some investigating.

https://delishably.com/dining-out/fi...bout-the-mcrib

I think I will pass.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 06:35 AM   #22
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

The smartest marketing ploy that bland, low end fast food joints ever came up with is the whole taking something off the menu and then bringing it back to fan fare once a year. People go ape#### over one mediocre product and talk about it on social media/make special trips to the fast food joint, etc.

In fact probably the only time I see any sort of fast food discussion these days is the "it's baaaaack!!!!" items.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 06:50 AM   #23
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

While that’s true, I will say that the blueberry fritter at Tim’s absolutely slaps
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 07:15 AM   #24
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
How they make the McRib. What's that brown gravy crap made of???

Uhm, it's BBQ sauce. You can google the ingredients.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:57 AM   #25
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The only thing "slapping" will be your ass over the toilet bowl.

I wouldn't feed this to my dog.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 09:36 AM   #26
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Once you start getting things "dressed like a mac" you'll never go back.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:53 AM   #27
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
The smartest marketing ploy that bland, low end fast food joints ever came up with is the whole taking something off the menu and then bringing it back to fan fare once a year. People go ape#### over one mediocre product and talk about it on social media/make special trips to the fast food joint, etc.

In fact probably the only time I see any sort of fast food discussion these days is the "it's baaaaack!!!!" items.
That's true but the McRib returns very sporadically because of pork prices. Or so I've heard. If it were really good it would be worth hyping, but it's not. I'd like to see a place like Empire or Alumni make a proper version.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:02 AM   #28
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

"Select locations"? Is there a list somewhere?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:03 AM   #29
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
That's true but the McRib returns very sporadically because of pork prices. Or so I've heard. If it were really good it would be worth hyping, but it's not. I'd like to see a place like Empire or Alumni make a proper version.
But it's a restructured meat product not made from pork.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:09 AM   #30
MrSector9
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I want the Hockey Hero Burger back.

My buddy is a big pro McPizza guy. He was featured a bunch during the World Juniors this year haha

https://www.tiktok.com/@i_am_timtim/...52964676568582

https://www.tiktok.com/@i_am_timtim/...59624844954885
MrSector9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:55 AM   #31
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:13 PM   #32
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
But it's a restructured meat product not made from pork.
It says pork on their ingredients list.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/p...tem-283bee7dbd
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:14 PM   #33
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

But separating that part. I agree with others that the McRib was alright and it seemed better when I was younger. Maybe something I'd grab for nostalgia sake, but not something I'd line up around the block for. Although... I've never tried combining the McRib with other stuff. I wonder if there's a combo that's interesting enough to try, like creating a McRicken Rolled or something stupid like that for laughs.

Last edited by DoubleF; 01-31-2024 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Edit for Fotze
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:22 PM   #34
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I just had one for lunch...it was a little sad. Basically a conduit for BBQ sauce. Not especially filling.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:42 PM   #35
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

More importantly, I was just looking at their menu and noticed they brought back the good chicken wraps. I used to really like the sweet chili one, I was sad when they ditched them
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:41 PM   #36
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bring back the big Xtra
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 05:35 PM   #37
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh the cocaine spoons...what a time to be alive.

McPizza and Blow.
Okay can someone here verify this because nobody else I talk to remembers it but in the early 90s there was a time when McD had little packs of white powder that you would get with your fries.

They were sour cream and onion flavor, bbq flavor, etc. basically like chip seasoning that you could pour on your fries.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:36 PM   #38
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Last time I had a McRib, the special buns they used were covered in mold. I was halfway through before I noticed the bun was completely covered in speckles of blue mold.

The employees quickly looked at their buns and quickly realized they had to throw out something like 3-5 bags of them. They offered me a new one without mold. Another dude was on his second of 3 McRibs or something like that. His face was crestfallen the moment he heard why I was getting a replacement and he realized his last McRib was one with a bun covered in mold. I think they gave him 2 more McRibs. A manager even came out and handed us a phone number to call if we got sick and told us they immediately checked the buns and got rid of the moldy batches. They had just started using the bags with the mold so apparently only he and I were affected. He was immediately going to put in a report to HQ and have them ask other stores to check their buns. Both of us assured the guy we weren't going to call in even if we got a little sick, but he insisted so we took the cards. Didn't get sick, didn't call. This was the McD's at Northland across from SWC high school.

But separating that part. I agree with others that the McRib was alright and it seemed better when I was younger. Maybe something I'd grab for nostalgia sake, but not something I'd line up around the block for. Although... I've never tried combining the McRib with other stuff. I wonder if there's a combo that's interesting enough to try, like creating a McRicken Rolled or something stupid like that for laughs.
you lost your shot at licking some black mold from your basement and then suing Mcd for millions!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:51 PM   #39
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Last time I had a McRib, the special buns they used were covered in mold. I was halfway through before I noticed the bun was completely covered in speckles of blue mold.

The employees quickly looked at their buns and quickly realized they had to throw out something like 3-5 bags of them. They offered me a new one without mold. Another dude was on his second of 3 McRibs or something like that. His face was crestfallen the moment he heard why I was getting a replacement and he realized his last McRib was one with a bun covered in mold. I think they gave him 2 more McRibs. A manager even came out and handed us a phone number to call if we got sick and told us they immediately checked the buns and got rid of the moldy batches. They had just started using the bags with the mold so apparently only he and I were affected. He was immediately going to put in a report to HQ and have them ask other stores to check their buns. Both of us assured the guy we weren't going to call in even if we got a little sick, but he insisted so we took the cards. Didn't get sick, didn't call. This was the McD's at Northland across from SWC high school.

NSFW that post. Don’t ruin this!
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:11 PM   #40
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Okay can someone here verify this because nobody else I talk to remembers it but in the early 90s there was a time when McD had little packs of white powder that you would get with your fries.

They were sour cream and onion flavor, bbq flavor, etc. basically like chip seasoning that you could pour on your fries.
Dude...I think that was salt.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: