Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default EB Games Pre-orders

Does anyone know if you absolutely need to receipt to pick up a pre-order from EB Games?

I have Smash Bros reserved, but I can't seem to find my receipt anywhere. I'm sure I didn't throw it out, but I'm just wondering if it's even worth tearing my place apart to find the thing.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should have your name/phone number on file, so you probably need to provide picture ID and perhaps the CC used to pay the deposit if thats what you did....
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
They should have your name/phone number on file, so you probably need to provide picture ID and perhaps the CC used to pay the deposit if thats what you did....

yeah you need picture ID they will have your name in the database.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

You don't need a reciept. However, I'm am still waiting for them to tell me that my copy of Rock Band has come in to Deerfoot Meadows. Even though my buddy went in over a month ago and bought one right off their shelf for me.

Not to mention that when I called in to call them on it, they lied and said they didn't have any in yet, and have lied a few more times to me. I'd ask for my $10 pre-order back, but the $10 is almost worth the entertainment of watching how long it will take (if ever) for those idiots to give me a call.

I would laugh if they called in two years time to say they finally got it in for me.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah they stink with calling people for pre-orders. Unless you've payed off the whole game, they're pretty much not going to bother calling you. I've had two games in the last couple years that I put $5 down just to be sure, then got them earlier at a different place. The original EB I pre-ordered from never called for EITHER.

To answer your question, you just need photo ID to pick up a pre-order.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had problems with pre-orders there too. I pre-ordered the simpsons game (it sucked) and two days after it came out I called and they said the truck was delayed and they hadn't got the game in. Later that day I went in there and they had a bunch of copies of it on the shelf. So when I went up and asked why they didn't call the girl behind the desk told me that they did have copies of the game but MY copy wasn't there yet. So I bought one off the shelf and applied my deposit to the purchase. I will never pre-order from there again.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

As an aside, is anyone else as pumped for Smash Bros as I am?

I went out and bought two GC controllers just for this game. It's going to be amazing!
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
As an aside, is anyone else as pumped for Smash Bros as I am?

I went out and bought two GC controllers just for this game. It's going to be amazing!
I'm picking up some GC controllers just before it's out.

Basically, Smash Bros. is my favorite game series, period, so I'm beyond excited for this one.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote