Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #1541
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's cool that he gave the guy in the crowd his jersey, but I also enjoyed jeering him and I did think it was amusing that he was wearing a sports bra!

Overall, I found Vancouver rather unimpressive. No wonder they're getting killed in the MLS. They have a couple players who did a lot of diving and would seemingly drop at the slightest touch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #1542
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won’t quote it as it’s long but Jimmy your post is exactly how I feel (minus Kildares, haven’t had he pleasure of making it there’s yet).

Soccer people in this city have been waiting for their chance to cheer and support like soccer people. Momentum is growing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #1543
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think the 'sports bra' is some kind of heart monitoring device? I've noticed a lot of players have been starting to wear them in the last few years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorbeauNoir For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #1544
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
I think the 'sports bra' is some kind of heart monitoring device? I've noticed a lot of players have been starting to wear them in the last few years.
Ahh, that makes sense. I didn't realise, and just thought it was a little weird.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #1545
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
I think they track vital signs as well as track distance, speed, and other in-game metrics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #1546
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Onesoccer just announced the rights to LigaMX. 38 games per season. 2 games per week. We will get to see national team players Lucas Cavallini and Stephen Estuqiao(spelling). No extra cost. Onesoccer now has CPL, Chinese Super League, and LigaMX and they plan on more. Great value for a sub at this point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahan For Mayor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #1547
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1149327963676004353
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #1548
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was the guy last night wearing the gigantic Cavs flag as a cape, in addition to my Cavs hat / Cavs scarf / Cavs horn. I'm gonna get a jersey and hoodie soon... maybe I should just pitch being a game-time merch model for their marketing department.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #1549
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who were the guys in the main stand in the bodysuits? Maybe that's the Foot Clan?

Part of me thinks that they should expand the supporters section to two sections for next season. It's really great and I think it would still sell-out.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #1550
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Who were the guys in the main stand in the bodysuits? Maybe that's the Foot Clan?

Part of me thinks that they should expand the supporters section to two sections for next season. It's really great and I think it would still sell-out.
Agreed... I hope the supporters section eventually becomes the entire South side.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #1551
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Agreed... I hope the supporters section eventually becomes the entire South side.
There was a lot of standing and activity throughout the whole south stand, with a particularly active bunch in the far SW corner. Quickly becoming the supporters stand, and not just a section. Anchored by the Foot Soldiers, of course, but it is definitely spreading.

Furthermore, the far south end of the main stand is also pretty lively. You can see how it spreads. People want to be near the Foot Soldiers for the atmosphere, drums, banter, etc.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #1552
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a great time for sure, but I think I will be keeping my visits to special games (like the Canadian championship). It's still just a little too far away for me.

We took the bus from rose and crown, which was easy and great, but I still didn't get home till well after 11:00.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #1553
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
There was a lot of standing and activity throughout the whole south stand, with a particularly active bunch in the far SW corner. Quickly becoming the supporters stand, and not just a section. Anchored by the Foot Soldiers, of course, but it is definitely spreading.

Furthermore, the far south end of the main stand is also pretty lively. You can see how it spreads. People want to be near the Foot Soldiers for the atmosphere, drums, banter, etc.
Yeah it seems section 108 is slowly becoming a supporting section too, people are becoming loud and active, joining in on the chants and claps, flying their scarves... that's the one adjacent to the main supporters section. It's great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #1554
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
His Wikipedia page says: Ali is held back by a poor attitude on the field https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Adnan_Kadhim
I knew he was gonna be a problem for the Whitecaps when in his debut, he took a PK, and tried to do the ol' cheeky little chip right down the middle...it didn't work, as the goalie (already on the ground), just reached over and grabbed it.

You don't pull that #### in your first game on a PK with a new club. Way too much to lose...the team just wants you to score.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #1555
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Yeah it seems section 108 is slowly becoming a supporting section too, people are becoming loud and active, joining in on the chants and claps, flying their scarves... that's the one adjacent to the main supporters section. It's great!
That's totally whats happening. The one thing we need (and maybe in this thread?) is words to the songs. I'm not talking about the "Marco Carducci" chants or things like that, but there were a couple songs that I just couldn't make the words out to (I'm in 202). That, and as a guy who loves the songs, we just need more of them!

There were a couple funny guys in the section last night though. I think that the atmosphere has been so good and it's such a good experience that it's drawing in fans. Spruce Meadows and the ownership has to be thrilled after last night. Not only was it packed, but they probably made a good haul from the concessions/parking and the result didn't disappoint.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:52 PM   #1556
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
That's totally whats happening. The one thing we need (and maybe in this thread?) is words to the songs. I'm not talking about the "Marco Carducci" chants or things like that, but there were a couple songs that I just couldn't make the words out to (I'm in 202). That, and as a guy who loves the songs, we just need more of them!

There were a couple funny guys in the section last night though. I think that the atmosphere has been so good and it's such a good experience that it's drawing in fans. Spruce Meadows and the ownership has to be thrilled after last night. Not only was it packed, but they probably made a good haul from the concessions/parking and the result didn't disappoint.

I think I seen someone on twitter do the rough math. Putting them around 300K in ticket sales alone. Sell some beers and merch and you are up in the 400k area. Not bad when apparently the salary cap is 750K for the players all year lol.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #1557
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If you have to ask "Is that the Foot Clan"...it's not the Foot Clan.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #1558
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Loved the game last night. The supporters section was PACKED. There were definitely some stowaways as I don't usually have issues getting to my seat.

It looked like Vancouver played a 5-3-2 which is kind of hilarious against a supposed weaker opponent. Made worse by about the 70' mark they seemed to be content with a draw and threw everyone in the box to prevent goals.

That said I thought Cavalry dictated play outside of a 30 minute stretch in the first half and were unlucky not to win. That Malonga chance or the late shot by Escalante could have found the back of the net.

Crazy to think any draw besides 0-0 or a win could send us through to the next round. I'm very optimistic about our chances.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #1559
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
It looked like Vancouver played a 5-3-2 which is kind of hilarious against a supposed weaker opponent. Made worse by about the 70' mark they seemed to be content with a draw and threw everyone in the box to prevent goals.
/r/whitecapsfc described their system as "an innovative 3-0-2 formation".
Old 07-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #1560
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
/r/whitecapsfc described their system as "an innovative 3-0-2 formation".
You left out the best part, where they labelled their PGT "Bus Parking Simulator".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge