Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #21
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that was pretty good. The picture quality on my Sony was much better than the Pittsburgh game. I don't think the overhead cameras were 3D though and the ice level cameras didn't give the best angles for viewing the game. There were some hiccups in the first period with some transmission problems but overall it was a great viewing experience for me.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #22
MrSector9
Backup Goalie

Exp:

well tried to pvr it and once again my shav pvr box did not record, i got home and it said something about schedling another view time.

:/

relying on that box is sucha gamble, and it is the one that was supposed to be better.
MrSector9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #23
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSector9 View Post
well tried to pvr it and once again my shav pvr box did not record, i got home and it said something about schedling another view time.

:/

relying on that box is sucha gamble, and it is the one that was supposed to be better.

If you're missing out on shows because of previously scheduled shows, you need to set your priority higher for the ones that you can't miss. Each new show you record goes to the bottom of the list, if i recall correctly. So in this instance, set it to record (which should tell you right away that there's a scheduling conflict) but if it doesn't, go in and put it priority 1 and it will record over all others.

That's what I do anyways.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #24
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Well that was pretty good. The picture quality on my Sony was much better than the Pittsburgh game. I don't think the overhead cameras were 3D though and the ice level cameras didn't give the best angles for viewing the game. There were some hiccups in the first period with some transmission problems but overall it was a great viewing experience for me.
I was disappointed. Definitely smoother than the World Cup (either that, or I something in my settings was different), but shooting through dirty glass and stanchions is horrible (window violations, stereo conflict). The overhead shots had some depth, so they either were 3D or were converted. Unless you mean the helicopter/blimp shots, I think those were flat.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #25
NiklasSundblad
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
I was disappointed. Definitely smoother than the World Cup (either that, or I something in my settings was different), but shooting through dirty glass and stanchions is horrible (window violations, stereo conflict). The overhead shots had some depth, so they either were 3D or were converted. Unless you mean the helicopter/blimp shots, I think those were flat.
At least you got to look cool in your glasses.
NiklasSundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #26
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiklasSundblad View Post
At least you got to look cool in your glasses.
My glasses are great! Just not for watching hockey.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #27
MrSector9
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
If you're missing out on shows because of previously scheduled shows, you need to set your priority higher for the ones that you can't miss. Each new show you record goes to the bottom of the list, if i recall correctly. So in this instance, set it to record (which should tell you right away that there's a scheduling conflict) but if it doesn't, go in and put it priority 1 and it will record over all others.

That's what I do anyways.
nothing else was scheduled, set it to record chan 301 and the error was more along the lines of

"please choose another viewtime for this program (4-7pm)"
MrSector9 is offline   Reply With Quote