Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #1181
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Oh for the love of might! Drouin told his team to pound sand, that he had no desire to learn to play a 200' game and was taking his puck and going home! I don't give a rip if you have the talent of Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky all rolled into one, if you think you are bigger than the team, and the game itself, the player ain't worth a damn. Drouin has a lot to explain to prospective teams, and then prove he's willing to work hard for that new team to improve in the areas they think he needs to work on, you know, like his 200' game! When the hell does a "blue chip" prospect stop being a "blue chip" and fall into the suspect zone? Wouldn't refusing to be coached be a massive red flag and take the bloom off his flower? I'd much rather have a less skilled player that is coach-able and does what the team needs than some prima donna that thinks he knows best. I'm pretty sure every team in the league, with the exception of the Oilers, would agree.

You don't know what was said or done between Druoin and the Lightning. Your assertations seem pretty unlikely.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #1182
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
You don't know what was said or done between Druoin and the Lightning. Your assertations seem pretty unlikely.
We have a pretty good idea. All parties basically made those details available to the media. Also, do you think Drouin is sitting in Laval doesn't say something?

Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #1183
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
We have a pretty good idea. All parties basically made those details available to the media. Also, do you think Drouin is sitting in Laval doesn't say something?

Really? Jonathan Druion pubically stated he doesn't want to play a 200ft game? I must have missed that. Seems like from a self preservation stand point, that would be a foolish thing to say. I always thought he requested a trade because he wasn't getting ice time.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:46 PM   #1184
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I always thought he requested a trade because he wasn't getting ice time.
And why do you think he wasn't getting any ice time?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #1185
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
And why do you think he wasn't getting any ice time?
The league is getting younger and younger. Young players are being used in situations they weren't 10 years ago. Evidently Yzerman believes that young players still need to season before they are trusted as they did when he played. Very well, but this is also the GM that ran St. Louis out of town, is potentially about to loose a franchise player for nothing, and is about to trade a player he chose 3rd overall three years ago.

Whatever deficiencies Druoin has in his game, I'm sure others his age do as well. And that has to be tough for a guy who is starting to see his draft peers sign 6 million a year deals.

You can point the finger at Druoin all you want, but Yzerman is culpable as well. Who knows how good Druoin can be on another team in another situation?

Ironically, Detroit is even moving off there stance on player development.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #1186
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Whatever deficiencies Druoin has in his game, I'm sure others his age do as well. And that has to be tough for a guy who is starting to see his draft peers sign 6 million a year deals.

You can point the finger at Druoin all you want, but Yzerman is culpable as well. Who knows how good Druoin can be on another team in another situation?

Too many assumptions made there. Not convinced any of them are necessarily true.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #1187
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Too many assumptions made there. Not convinced any of them are necessarily true.
Funny
Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #1188
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The league is getting younger and younger. Young players are being used in situations they weren't 10 years ago. Evidently Yzerman believes that young players still need to season before they are trusted as they did when he played. Very well, but this is also the GM that ran St. Louis out of town, is potentially about to loose a franchise player for nothing, and is about to trade a player he chose 3rd overall three years ago.

Wow. So much wrongness. Yzerman entered the league right out of the draft, so I suspect he's open minded about "seasoning". He played Paquette pretty quickly, Kucherov too.

Yzerman didn't run St. Louis out of town. St. Louis wanted out, and if you believe him, it wasn't because of Yzerman. If you don't believe him, then he was pouting over the Olympics.

From all accounts, Stamkos has been offered some pretty good money. And if you believe Duhatschek, he's going to re-sign. If so he won't be loosed.

And I'm not sure why other players have the same deficiencies as "Druoin". Why would that be? I'm pretty sure the ones that do are not the ones signing $6M deals.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #1189
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Tumble weed rolling by....
Old 02-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #1190
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"I definitely prefer to deal him sooner than later, it would be better for everyone," Yzerman said Wednesday. "A lot of things factor into it when making the trade, a lot of things to consider here. But number one is, 'Can I do something involving Jonathan that benefits the team that makes us better right now that helps us for the playoffs? I'd certainly like to do that." He would like to help Tampa Bay's power play in the deal if he can and a top-four defenseman is believed to be on the team's wanted list. Drouin remains suspended so he has been waiting at home in Montreal for a deal to another club.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #1191
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ Russell sounds like their guy, especially if Hamhuis refuses to waive his NTC. Will be an interesting next few days.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #1192
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Panthers have expressed interest in several players, including Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd, Arizona Coyotes right wing Mikkel Boedker, Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal, and Calgary Flames defenseman Kris Russell, among others.
From the Fourth Period
Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #1193
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Russell's name is getting linked to a lot of teams. Let's hope that means someone overpays big time for him (and not Treliving overpaying on an extension).
Old 02-24-2016, 10:23 PM   #1194
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Old 02-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #1195
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

WIth the number of teams being linked to Russell, I suspect the Flames have let their asking price be known and now it's a matter of time to see who bites.

Now that price may change team to team, but it seems like the ball is in other teams' court right now.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #1196
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Starting to get my hopes up that Russell will return a 1st round pick, or be involved in a package deal for Drouin or Nichushkin.

I know this year has sucked, but there's so much to love about this team and things are undeniably trending in the right direction.

Taskmaster Treliving has his work cut out for himself at the deadline, draft and free agency - but I'm feeling confident he'll address what needs to be addressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #1197
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yzmeran wants to move Drouin sooner rather than later.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...234545401.html

Lebrun believes Drouin will either be moved for low salary prospects, or otherwise packaged with Carle to free up some cap space.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14836922

Yzerman wants a right handed top 4 defensemen that can help their power play.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...adline/2266701
Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 PM   #1198
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Starting to get my hopes up that Russell will return a 1st round pick, or be involved in a package deal for Drouin or Nichushkin.

I know this year has sucked, but there's so much to love about this team and things are undeniably trending in the right direction.

Taskmaster Treliving has his work cut out for himself at the deadline, draft and free agency - but I'm feeling confident he'll address what needs to be addressed.
As am I, haha. Really interested to see what happens in the next 4 days. Love this time of the season. So much speculation.

I believe in Treliving's wizardry
Old 02-24-2016, 11:03 PM   #1199
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Yzerman wants a right handed top 4 defensemen that can help their power play.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...adline/2266701
Hey Steve, have you met Dennis Wideman?
Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 PM   #1200
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think if the Flames trade a lot of salary in Smid, Stajan, Jones, Russell, and/or Bollig at the deadline, I could see something like this:

Flames trade: Wideman + Colborne

Lightining trade: Carle + Condra + Drouin
Closed Thread