Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #101
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lots of great options in this wallett. My big problem now is trying to decide without being able to touch the wallets as many of them seem to be online only and evn if they are available locally, Im not sure of breadth of selection anywhere would have in store.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #102
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

If the wallet ain't leather, you could do better.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #103
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I picked one of these bad boys up from Amazon last year for $90. It doesn't hold many cards so I really had to pair down my club cards and such, which I don't miss at all. The leather has held up nicely and I can keep it in my breast pocket so I am not sitting on it all day. It also has RFID protection, so if you're paranoid about that stuff (I'm not) you're covered.

Spoiler!
Size
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #104
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
I picked one of these bad boys up from Amazon last year for $90. It doesn't hold many cards so I really had to pair down my club cards and such, which I don't miss at all. The leather has held up nicely and I can keep it in my breast pocket so I am not sitting on it all day. It also has RFID protection, so if you're paranoid about that stuff (I'm not) you're covered.

Spoiler!
Size
You'll have to pry my Co-Op Cookie Club Card out of my cold dead hands!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #105
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
You should probably look into how a credit card works.
Think he was talking about the service charge for the company.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #106
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Think he was talking about the service charge for the company.
Correct, I'm talking merchant fees. Hence "feel bad" for spending $1.50 so I buy a bunch more crap.

I'm a little too busy reading about the ins and outs of credit cards (and what they are, actually) to post and explain that though.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #107
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Necro bump

Got myself a Secrid wallet and it’s definitely an upgrade on the basic wallet. I was even able to fit all my most used cards as well as some my usual amount of cash. I went with a twin wallet as needed the extra space for my work credit cards.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #108
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Necro bump

Got myself a Secrid wallet and it’s definitely an upgrade on the basic wallet. I was even able to fit all my most used cards as well as some my usual amount of cash. I went with a twin wallet as needed the extra space for my work credit cards.
I have a single and freaking love it. Really only use 3 - 5 cards with any frequency, room for enough bills, and it fits in nearly any pocket. Good choice!
FLAMESRULE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #109
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Grabbed a Dockers extra capacity for $26.00 from amazon, leather quality is surprisingly great for the price and our silly plastic over sized bills fit perfectly.

Dockers-Extra
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #110
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

This was an interesting history read.

Bigtime, you still using the machine era wallet? I’m still using mine, but it’s front pocket always now per burninator’s question. And also interesting that plastc never got off the ground.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #111
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
I have a single and freaking love it. Really only use 3 - 5 cards with any frequency, room for enough bills, and it fits in nearly any pocket. Good choice!
Ya I loved it enough to go out and find the Canadian distributor so I can sell them in my shop. They might be a bit too pricey for my small town, but its worth the risk. The amount of cash that you can carry without bulking things up was the straw that did it for me.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #112
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphon...allet-byo.html

Going to a phone case that holds cards is the greatest thing I’ve ever done. One thing in my pockets instead of two. Forced me to pick 4 cards which I’ve realized is all I need (license, credit card, bank card, work ID).
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #113
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

My wallet is over 30 years old. It's an el cheapo velcro one that has served me well. It's small compared to most wallets and is super thin. Also has slots on either side for my cards and smaller slots on top to store other stuff.

I'm thinking of donating it to the wallet hall of fame when I pass on

Last edited by Dion; 09-22-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 07:07 AM   #114
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ridge wallet is what I use. Love it!

https://www.ridgewallet.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgJ3E_D_BwE
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:24 AM   #115
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
My wallet is over 30 years old. It's an el cheapo velcro one that has served me well. It's small compared to most wallets and is super thin. Also has slots on either side for my cards and smaller slots on top to store other stuff.

I'm thinking of donating it to the wallet hall of fame when I pass on
Disappointed there isn’t a 30 year old condom outline in said wallet.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #116
SilverKast
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Saddleback Leather

Not the cheapest stuff out there, but the quality is top notch and it's outlasted anything else I've used. They make all sorts of different types too - slim, bifold, etc. I've bought a few of their bags over the years too, and they only get better the more you use them!
SilverKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:05 AM   #117
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKast View Post
Saddleback Leather

Not the cheapest stuff out there, but the quality is top notch and it's outlasted anything else I've used. They make all sorts of different types too - slim, bifold, etc. I've bought a few of their bags over the years too, and they only get better the more you use them!
It's really amazing stuff if you're willing to shell out for it. I stick with Filson because of how reliable it is and you can find it for cheaper, but Saddleback is probably the holy grail of that style of bag. If I ever do end up getting one I'll get a wallet for sure.

My wallet is a simple cardholder made out of raw leather that I got at a street fair booth (I don't remember if it was market collective). Given that whatever I use is going to fill up regardless I try to keep it pretty small. Just needs a pocket where you can fit a Tile.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 09-24-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: NA
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #118
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Still loving my Bellroy that I bought several years back. Leather wears beautifully, and it's both compact but also roomy when I need to be. Compact for my day to day, roomy when I go on business trips and need to hoard receipts.

I've been considering getting their travel wallet, but not sure I want to shell out the cash for a limited use walltet.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:47 AM   #119
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
If the wallet ain't leather, you could do better.
Not just leather it has to be "naked leather" aka full grain will never buy another wallet unless it is naked leather.

For those that don't know grades of leather it is leather that is not sanded done. If the cow had a scar it will show on the leather.

It is the minalmal amount of work done to the leather. It is the toughest.

From the interwebs
Full-Naked Cowhide Leather
Full-Naked cow is a premium soft leather that looks and feels natural to the touch. They are made from full grain leather hides and are not grain corrected. Therefore they need to be hand selected for uniformity and only the highest quality hides can be used to make naked leather products. However, since there is no grain correction, they still have their natural markings. They are not defect free, but they do have fewer imperfections. Full-naked leather has been dyed, but no other treatments or finishes are applied. Other leathers are corrected by sanding etc to remove the imperfections.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 09-25-2018 at 01:51 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #120
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Belroy wallet was getting a bit worn and the card slots had loosened up enough that cards were falling out.

I'll case another vote for Secrid. I picked one up from Supreme Men's wear and it's been great so far. Biggest change was realizing I don't use cash much and I didn't need the dedicated long compartment anymore. I just fold up a few bills in case of emergency.

Overall this is a much smaller size wallet than my Bellroy. Time will tell whether the lever mechanism that makes the cards pop outwill hold out but it's a 3 year warranty if you register.

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 09-25-2018 at 11:00 AM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post: