Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #21
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yes because all afternoon and most of the morning isn't' enough to cover the Flames. I like Rome and plenty of other people do. Just because people that don't like him are overly vocal doesn't mean they represent everyone.
i have a 30~ minute drive to work each morning and the amount of flames content on the morning show since pinder left is pretty much confined to when they have burke or friedman on

hell, burkie gave them #### because they were more interested in talking about the leafs than they do the flames

i think it doesnt help that boomer thinks he's hosting a lifestyle podcast where people want to hear about his trips to tim hortons or small town prairie life in the 70s instead of sports talk radio

all that said i'm either a masochist or they're doing something right because i still listen most days
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stone hands For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #22
Racki
First Line Centre
 
Racki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Munroe View Post
I am one of what seems to be a minority who likes Eric Francis. Sure he has been known to spitball some rumors but he is also one of the few who say exactly what is on their mind and share their opinion.
We're definitely in the minority but I like Francis as well. I'd prefer two hours of Francis to two hours of Rome.
__________________
Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #23
Locke
ness Monster
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post
i have a 30~ minute drive to work each morning and the amount of flames content on the morning show since pinder left is pretty much confined to when they have burke or friedman on

hell, burkie gave them #### because they were more interested in talking about the leafs than they do the flames

i think it doesnt help that boomer thinks he's hosting a lifestyle podcast where people want to hear about his trips to tim hortons or small town prairie life in the 70s instead of sports talk radio

all that said i'm either a masochist or they're doing something right because i still listen most days
My money is on the masochism. When in doubt, bank on destruction.
__________________
- "Somebody may beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."
- Steve Prefontaine
This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #24
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player
 
GreenLantern2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post
Francis doesn't say what's on his mind, he says whatever he thinks will spur the most controversey/get the most clicks on his articles/get the most tweets about his idiotic shock doc takes

Versteegs reaction to him yesterday pretty much covers everything
What did Versteeg say?
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #25
Northendzone
Franchise Player
 
Northendzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Exp:
Default

I too enjoy listening to Francis. He has an opinion or hot take and to me it is ok if I don’t agree with it
__________________
I really like bikes and bike related discussions......
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #26
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre
 
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back in YYC....7 Years Later
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post



Versteegs reaction to him yesterday pretty much covers everything


What was the reaction? Was it during the intermission? I was at the game and didn’t see it...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #27
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Someone should call or text in on their fan 960 text line and ask for clarification. Something to do the effect of: " What do you guys have against CP?"
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #28
TheIronMaiden
First Line Centre
 
TheIronMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Somewhere in Time
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Someone should call or text in on their fan 960 text line and ask for clarification. Something to do the effect of: " What do you guys have against CP?"
I can imagine that most sports journalists love forums. They indicate what major talking points and what the positions within certain arguments are. Less guess work about what is or is not relevant to your fan base.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #29
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post
Francis doesn't say what's on his mind, he says whatever he thinks will spur the most controversey/get the most clicks on his articles/get the most tweets about his idiotic shock doc takes

Versteegs reaction to him yesterday pretty much covers everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
What did Versteeg say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
What was the reaction? Was it during the intermission? I was at the game and didn’t see it...
It looked and sounded to me like Versteeg was having fun with Francis at his expense. It was pretty good natured and nothing from which to imagine any sort of poor opinion. I thought both of them were enjoyable in the intermission.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 12-21-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #30
tkflames
First Line Centre
 
tkflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post
i have a 30~ minute drive to work each morning and the amount of flames content on the morning show since pinder left is pretty much confined to when they have burke or friedman on

hell, burkie gave them #### because they were more interested in talking about the leafs than they do the flames

i think it doesnt help that boomer thinks he's hosting a lifestyle podcast where people want to hear about his trips to tim hortons or small town prairie life in the 70s instead of sports talk radio

all that said i'm either a masochist or they're doing something right because i still listen most days
Having lived in Toronto where the TSN morning show consists of non-stop self-reinforcing hometown fanboy sports content courtesy of Landsberg, I would suggest that the formula that Boomer and Warner have in the morning is far easier to listen to first thing in the morning. I streamed 960 in the morning every time I commuted into work later...
__________________
Go Flames Go

Last edited by tkflames; 12-21-2018 at 02:26 PM.
tkflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #31
McG
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: i,m on ur intarwebs...postin on ur thredz...
Exp:
Default

I listen to Fan960 and obviously a long time CP member.

Perhaps there will be 2 - 4 hours of fan960 personalities reading CP posts? Can’t wait to hear Burke read the E=NG thread!
__________________
“We played awful, well” said Ken Hitchcock, twice.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #32
chummer
First Line Centre
 
chummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Exp:
Default

Every NHL market in Canada, except Calgary, has their own morning shows.

Save Rome for the weekend or listen to his podcasts.

If this is indeed the change, it's long overdue.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #33
transplant99
Fearmongerer
 
transplant99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Every NHL market in Canada, except Calgary, has their own morning shows.

Save Rome for the weekend or listen to his podcasts.

If this is indeed the change, it's long overdue.
They have 5 hours of morning show....not sure what you mean?
__________________
Quote:
Tkachuk is more like Marchand than the other guys though. He's really ****ing good. He's just a total butthole.
Unknown Kings fan
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #34
chummer
First Line Centre
 
chummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
They have 5 hours of morning show....not sure what you mean?
Sorry, between 10 and 12.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #35
Fire
Franchise Player
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
It looked and sounded to me like Versteeg was having fun with Francis at his expense. It was pretty good natured and nothing from which to imagine any sort of poor opinion. I thought both of them were enjoyable in the intermission.
The only annoying thing was Francis calling Brayden Point a superstar.
__________________

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #36
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player
 
GreenLantern2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Sorry, between 10 and 12.
And that's too much.

This is a team that's been anywhere from 14th best to 26th best for the last decade; they have a radio station that devotes almost all of its primetime programming to covering them.

If it's not Rome, fine. Buy into the Dan Patrick show, Colin Cowherd, Jay Mohr, whoever. But a break is nice.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #37
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
The only annoying thing was Francis calling Brayden Point a superstar.
That was a little annoying, but whatever. Francis can get irritating with some of his over-the-top takes and occasional baseless speculations. But honestly, he's not a bad intermission analyst.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #38
JBR
#1 Goaltender
 
JBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 161 St. - Yankee Stadium
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
"Take that Calgary Puck"... without context that sounds taunting.

Oh god... I hope it doesn't mean more Eric Francis (vomits in mouth a bit).
Jim Rome replaced by the Logan Gordon show, sponsored by Marble King... "Not just for kids games anymore. Put two dozen in your mouth and talk about the Caggrry Flabes for hours!"
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #39
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
And that's too much.

This is a team that's been anywhere from 14th best to 26th best for the last decade; they have a radio station that devotes almost all of its primetime programming to covering them.

If it's not Rome, fine. Buy into the Dan Patrick show, Colin Cowherd, Jay Mohr, whoever. But a break is nice.
Nope. More Flames.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 12-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #40
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback
 
TopChed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
No More Boomer!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes, without Boomer I probably wouldn't listen to the fan at all.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TopChed For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016