Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #81
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Anyone else have kids that are addicted to Fortnite? I can't recall a game that has been this popular in a long time. The combination of a shooter and a builder game, with some dance moves thrown in for fun seems to be the magic formula.
My wife especially hates this game as my boys are addicted.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #82
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate Fortnite and welcome the day it finally dies out for the sole fact that every time I log into the Epic Launcher to work on something in UDK I have to ignore multiple friend requests from people thinking I play. I'll never spend a second on the game.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #83
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Well, it's the largest game since last year - PUBG. But, the builder/minecraft component will almost certainly see it remain more popular for far longer than PUBG did.
PUBG never even got close to what Fortnite is now. PUBG was a big time popular game, but Fortnite has ascended to cultural phenomenon.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #84
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
PUBG never even got close to what Fortnite is now. PUBG was a big time popular game, but Fortnite has ascended to cultural phenomenon.
I see Derek Carr tweeting with other NFL players and teammates about their clans as it's taking the world by storm. The addiction issues are real as even when my kids aren't playing they are watching the pros play on youtube.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 04:02 PM   #85
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone playing WoW? I make a point of not telling anyone I personally know that I play it, but goddamn this new expansion is a blast.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #86
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I love it. I haven't played since Madden 2013 I don't think, but now that they released it on PC I picked it up day 1

I can't say if it's any better than 18, but I like what it offers.
Ultimate team has never really been for me, but without contracts and lots of solo play options I'm enjoying it
I'm a little bit late to this but I found there just wasn't enough new features between 19 and 18 to justify paying full price for the game.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #87
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
Anyone playing WoW? I make a point of not telling anyone I personally know that I play it, but goddamn this new expansion is a blast.
that's what they all say and then 3 months go by
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:57 AM   #88
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first two seasons of Fortnite were great. Even season 3 was good. It's now gotten too big for its britches and is annoying. It's no longer the game I used to like. Haven't played a second of season 4 and I doubt I will. It's just dumb and out of hand now.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #89
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
The first two seasons of Fortnite were great. Even season 3 was good. It's now gotten too big for its britches and is annoying. It's no longer the game I used to like. Haven't played a second of season 4 and I doubt I will. It's just dumb and out of hand now.
Which parts?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #90
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I'm a bit confused too. It's still basically the same, they just keep updating it to keep it interesting.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #91
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
that's what they all say and then 3 months go by
Is that bad?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #92
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, BfA is great. Good zones, I like the rebalancing, and the dungeons are fun as hell. Very involving and mechanic heavy.

Been playing solidly since about this time last year for the end of Legion.

If anyone is on Thrall and looking for an active guild that doesn't have designated raid nights but did clear heroic Antorus and mythic 23s last xpa , hmu. Lots of 2000+ arena too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #93
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Anyone playing Hearthstone? I've been getting interested in it again, but it really seems like it's pay to win so it's a bit frustrating. It feels like I'd have to sink in a ton of money just to get somewhat competitive, but it is a lot of fun.

They did add one card that if you have that card in your deck, it transforms your deck into one of a selection of pre-built decks, some of which are actually pretty decent and have decent cards, but of course it's random so you don't know what you're going to get until the first turn. I played that deck to get through almost all the single player content.

I don't mind spending a bit of cash, but not sure what's the best investment of time or money. Just play Arena to build up cards and hopefully dust? Buy packs and dust everything except the one deck I want to play and then try and climb the ladder?
Old 08-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #94
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I made the same mistake I made with Legion. Resubbed like 3-5 months before new expansion, burnt out on it and haven't had to desire to log in at all. I lasted about 1 month into Wod, 1.5 months into Legion, but with this one, I logged in once after the prepatch hit, and checked out.

I get the reasoning behind the stat squishes, but I hate them. Makes it feel like you make all this progress and then, BAM, you're weak again. (I know they try to balance it so that stuff dies in about the same time but it's so disheartening to go from 800k+ dps to under 10k.)

I resubbed to FFXIV last month and have been redoing the story in that.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #95
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I'm Level 113 and still working on finishing everything in Tiragarde Sound, so my experience in Battle for Azeroth is still pretty small. Overall I'd say the leveling experience of this one zone has been great though. They did a great job mixing in amusing quests with the more serious main quests, the important characters are all interesting (make sure to spam click on Flynn or Taelia to hear their hilarious voice clips), and the zone itself is quite large and varied.

I'm glad that Blizzard took the success of Suramar City and applied it elsewhere, because both Boralus and Freehold feel like fully fleshed out locations rather than tiny hamlets with nothing of note.

Spoiler!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #96
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Anything non FPS coming out soon worth playing? I’ve hit a wall and am done with MHW and FIFA (my fallbacks). I keep trying to get into the last MGS game but the crafting/research/whatever component feels overwhelming for the level of effort I’m willing to put in. I’ve resorted to spending time playing Fortnite which feels like the console version of a mobile app.

Save me nerds you’re my only hope.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #97
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wish i still played WoW, but can't justify the time sink. It's been years, but I can still picture every nook and cranny of War Song Gulch in my mind, Goblin Resto-Shaman was such a great flag runner.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #98
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Anything non FPS coming out soon worth playing? I’ve hit a wall and am done with MHW and FIFA (my fallbacks). I keep trying to get into the last MGS game but the crafting/research/whatever component feels overwhelming for the level of effort I’m willing to put in. I’ve resorted to spending time playing Fortnite which feels like the console version of a mobile app.

Save me nerds you’re my only hope.
If you can hold out until the beginning of September, things start hitting fast like DQXI and Spider-Man. Then there's pretty consistent great releases through the end of the year. Next couple weeks are looking a bit dry though.

Have you played Ratchet and Clank on PS4? It's a great game and it's on sale for like $8 on PSN right now (if you have PS4).
Old 08-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #99
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
If you can hold out until the beginning of September, things start hitting fast like DQXI and Spider-Man. Then there's pretty consistent great releases through the end of the year. Next couple weeks are looking a bit dry though.

Have you played Ratchet and Clank on PS4? It's a great game and it's on sale for like $8 on PSN right now (if you have PS4).
Spider man may be worth waiting on. Yeah I have a PS4, downloaded Mafia 3 with PS+, might kill some time there or get Yakuza 0. I remember ratchet and clank from when I was a teen, same game rereleased I assume?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #100
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Spider man may be worth waiting on. Yeah I have a PS4, downloaded Mafia 3 with PS+, might kill some time there or get Yakuza 0. I remember ratchet and clank from when I was a teen, same game rereleased I assume?
This one is a remake/reboot of the first game. But yeah, it's largely the same, gameplay-wise.