Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #221
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Anyone super excited about kodakcoin?
Mama don't take my kodakcoin away-yay-yay-yay...
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #222
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Has anyone here staked there coins or setup a node for one of the chains? Was looking at it today and have no idea on computing requirements. Heard about it when I was reading up on WTC and LINK. Neither one do it yet, but sounds like they are going to be similar to NEO nodes (10-20% payback / year, similar to a dividend).
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:44 PM   #223
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"Blockchain" mentions in corporate press releases up 2100% so far in 2018

https://www.bnn.ca/blockchain-mentio...-2018-1.958981
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #224
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

What would be the best Cryptocurrency to invest in now? Or is it too late to get in on the action?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #225
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
Has anyone here staked there coins or setup a node for one of the chains? Was looking at it today and have no idea on computing requirements. Heard about it when I was reading up on WTC and LINK. Neither one do it yet, but sounds like they are going to be similar to NEO nodes (10-20% payback / year, similar to a dividend).
I have definitely done quite a bit of staking. I have done so with a coin called Buzzcoin, currently it offers 100% staking reward each month. This will decline soon to something less inflationary. Essentially all it requires is keeping your Buzzcoin desktop wallet open, unlocked with your coins in it running 24/7. Here is a link to more info on Buzzcoin http://buzzcoin.info/index.html

I have done this with other coins as well. I have not done any masternodes yet but am looking into it with a few different coins. I kind of plan on doing the masternode on its own PC, nothing much running just dedicated to masternodes and running some of my wallets.
LouCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LouCypher For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #226
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
What would be the best Cryptocurrency to invest in now? Or is it too late to get in on the action?
I like looking at really cheap ones that have a lot of active development behind them with some unique or at least in demand features like fast transaction times and low fees. I have been along for the ride with XVG both buying some and mining it, I first got in around .002 usd and now its spiked and kind been bouncing between .10 and .20 cent US.

HTMLCOIN is a coin that also has quite a bit going on behind the scenes, still well under a penny. Both these coins have a decent amount of info about them on their web pages. Reddit, bitcoin talks, discord and telegram are also good places to look for more info.

Coin Market Cap is a good reference for coins as well but beware that the information there sometimes can be a little off, there is much that goes under the radar for these sites and with so many variables it is hard for anyone to properly aggregate all the info in one place.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #227
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
I like looking at really cheap ones that have a lot of active development behind them with some unique or at least in demand features like fast transaction times and low fees. I have been along for the ride with XVG both buying some and mining it, I first got in around .002 usd and now its spiked and kind been bouncing between .10 and .20 cent US.

HTMLCOIN is a coin that also has quite a bit going on behind the scenes, still well under a penny. Both these coins have a decent amount of info about them on their web pages. Reddit, bitcoin talks, discord and telegram are also good places to look for more info.

Coin Market Cap is a good reference for coins as well but beware that the information there sometimes can be a little off, there is much that goes under the radar for these sites and with so many variables it is hard for anyone to properly aggregate all the info in one place.
Am getting into this whole thing now, but only use coinbase for the main coins right now.... What are you using to trade these lesser known coins?
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #228
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Client of mine called today asking about bitcoin. Not the investment, but a job opportunity. They're opening an office in Edmonton and they're courting her. I didn't know what to tell her other than to exercise the same due diligence as with any potential employer.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #229
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Client of mine called today asking about bitcoin. Not the investment, but a job opportunity. They're opening an office in Edmonton and they're courting her. I didn't know what to tell her other than to exercise the same due diligence as with any potential employer.
First red flag would be...are they paying her in Bitcoins?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #230
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Am getting into this whole thing now, but only use coinbase for the main coins right now.... What are you using to trade these lesser known coins?
I use Binance. Bittrex, Poloniex, are other popular ones for the smaller coins. Not sure where LouCypher trades Buzz + HTML though.
The Following User Says Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #231
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
I have definitely done quite a bit of staking. I have done so with a coin called Buzzcoin, currently it offers 100% staking reward each month. This will decline soon to something less inflationary. Essentially all it requires is keeping your Buzzcoin desktop wallet open, unlocked with your coins in it running 24/7. Here is a link to more info on Buzzcoin http://buzzcoin.info/index.html

I have done this with other coins as well. I have not done any masternodes yet but am looking into it with a few different coins. I kind of plan on doing the masternode on its own PC, nothing much running just dedicated to masternodes and running some of my wallets.
Any reason you dont have a dedicated PC for staking that you'd build into a node?? I'm obviously a noob on that part of the cryptoasset investment, but are their not security concerns about getting hacked with your wallet open?? I assume it has to be a dedicated coin/token wallet as well and not a MEW or similar in order to stake.

If you'll share, what coins are you looking at for nodes?? I've got 2 that I'm following closely. WTC, but it needs 5000WTC...and LINK, with no details yet.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #232
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Cryptopia, binance and bittrex all have a good variety of alternative coins. Usually to trade on their platforms you transfer bitcoin or ethereum over to your wallet on those sites and then most alt coins have prices pegged to both bitcoin and ethereum that you can trade with. I would say best practice if your going to hold onto a coin is to not store it on an exchange. Most people day trading these alt coins though will have to have something kept on the exchange to trade with.
The Following User Says Thank You to LouCypher For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #233
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Any reason you dont have a dedicated PC for staking that you'd build into a node?? I'm obviously a noob on that part of the cryptoasset investment, but are their not security concerns about getting hacked with your wallet open?? I assume it has to be a dedicated coin/token wallet as well and not a MEW or similar in order to stake.

If you'll share, what coins are you looking at for nodes?? I've got 2 that I'm following closely. WTC, but it needs 5000WTC...and LINK, with no details yet.
Wallet open would be a concern if someone has access to your pc. I would say just to keep thing simpler since it can be to many things to mange I like the separate PC so I can have tighter security in place and also keep it low use so that I'm not worried about hardware failure. Although backups are a must. I have considered linux for the separate pc as well but not quite there yet as I'm not very familiar with linux yet.

For nodes I am looking at Denarius coin which is currently developing them. Also I know chaincoin, htmlcoin and buzzcoin are all possibilities for running a master node. I'll have to look at WTC and LINK, I know most of masternodes I've seen require a fairly substantial amount of coins to start but its a nice low maintenance way to get more coins as opposed to mining which can wear down a pc over time and uses far more electricity.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #234
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I use Binance. Bittrex, Poloniex, are other popular ones for the smaller coins. Not sure where LouCypher trades Buzz + HTML though.
BUZZ is on Yobit which is not my favorite exchange, HTML is on bleutrade which is a smaller exchange. Both of these though have quite a few active applications in to get listed on many more exchanges soon likely over the next few weeks and months.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #235
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have small positions in these coins. ADA, BTC, FUN, TRX, XLM, and XVG. I think that diversifying your crypto portfolio is a good idea. I've been selling when the prices are high then adding more coins when the prices go down again. Been doing this for a few months. I am also staking BUZZ and am hoping that it will see some big gains this year. Currently sitting around 9-13 Satoshi's.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #236
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I converted some ETH into 0x last week. My first venture into alt coins/tokens.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #237
BananaPancakes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHos...02&Codes=TD103

Could this be a sign that the banks are giving in and accepting that cryptos are the future?
BananaPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #238
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post

Could this be a sign that the banks are giving in and accepting that cryptos are the future?
Banks have been accepting and researching blockchain technology for a while now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #239
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post

Not so much cryptos, but blockchain definitely.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #240
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No joke: KFC Canada starts accepting Bitcoin for a bucket of chicken, immediately sells out

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...tely-sells-out

Quote:
Many commenters on the Facebook post appeared to regard the promotion as a joke.

“$20 bucket today, $5 bucket tomorrow, $200 bucket next week,” wrote Nathan Hudson, alluding to the cryptocurrency’s volatility.

Others noted the cost of the bucket would come out to about $40 due to a $20 transaction fee.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum