Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc... > Olympics
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2022, 10:23 AM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default Day 4 (PM of February 7 - AM of February 8)

The day starts with the Men’s Short Program in Figure Skating at 18:15, this should be live on TSN. Roman Sadovsky and Keegan Messing are the Canadians competing.

The Women’s Big Air Freestyle Skiing Final starts at 19:00 and should be shown live on CBC. Olivia Asselin and Megan Oldham jump for Gold.

At 19:40 the Qualification Run begins in Women’s Parallel Giant Slalom Snowboarding, I don’t think this will be on tv but will be available on the CBC website. Megan Farrell, Jennifer Hawkrigg, and Kaylie Buck are the Canadians in this event. The Elimination Run starts at 20:34 and should be on one of the Sportsnet channels.

Men’s Super G starts at 20:00, this should be on Sportsnet or Sportsnet1. James Crawford, Trevor Philip, Broderick Thompson, and Brodie Seger are the Canadian skiers.

Men’s Parallel Giant Slalom Qualification starts at 20:07 and should be on Sportsnet or Sportsnet1. The Elimination Run starts at 21:00. Arnaud Gaudet, Sebastien Beaulieu, and Jules Lefebvre are the Canadian boarders.

At 21:10 Canada takes on the USA in Women’s Hockey to determine who will finish first in Group A. This should be on TSN2 as well as on CBC.

The Bronze Medal Game in Mixed Doubles Curling between Sweden and Great Britain starts at 23:05. This should be on TSN 1 or TSN5.

The 1/8 Final in the Women’s Parallel Giant Slalom starts at 23:30. The Men’s 1/8 Final will begin at 23:48. This should be on one of the Sportsnet channels and maybe on CBC as well. The competition will continue right up until the Women’s Final at 00:36 and the Men’s Final at 00:43.

Qualification in the Women’s Sprint Freestyle Cross Country Skiing begins at 01:00. I believe this may be shown in part on CBC. Dahria Beatty, Cendrine Browne, Laura Leclair, and Oliviia Bouffard-Nesbitt are the Canadian s competing. The Quarterfinal will begin at 03:30, the Semifinal at 04:25, and the Final at 04:47. Everything after the Qualification should be on one of the Sportsnet channels.

At 01:30 the Men’s 20km Biathalon begins and at least part of it should be shown on CBC. Calgarian Brothers Scott Gow and Christian Gow are joined by fellow Calgarian Adam Runnalls and Jules Burnotte of Sherbrooke.

Japan takes on the Czech Republic in Women’s Hockey at 01:40.

Qualification in the Men’s Sprint Freestyle Cross Country Skiing starts at 01:50. Antoine Cyr, Graham Ritchie, and Olivier Leveille are the Canadians competing. The Quarterfinal will begin at 03:55, the Semifinal at 04:35, and the Final at 05:00. Like the Women’s event everything after the Qualification run should be shown on one of the Sportsnet channels.

The Men’s 1500m Speed Skating starts at 03:30, this should be on TSN1 or TSN4, I think it might be partially shown on CBC as well. Antoine Gelinas-Beaulieu is in Pair 2, Tyson Langelaar is in Pair 8, Connor Howe is in Pair 15.

Run 3 in the Women’s Individual Luge starts at 04:50, Run 4 is at 06:35. Parts of this should be shown on one Sportsnet or Sportsnet1.

The Gold Medal Game in Mixed Doubles Curling begins at 05:05 with Italy vs Norway, this should be on CBC.

At 06:10 Finland takes on ROC in Women’s Hockey, this should be either on TSN2. At the same time Denmark faces Sweden, this should be on one of the Sportsnet channels.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

While we concentrate on Canada-US in hockey the game really doesn't mean much. The Japan-Czech game is the big one. Winner avoids death (US or Canada) and has a path to a bronze medal.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If Denmark beats Sweden, China would make the playoff round which would be great.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:01 PM   #4
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwd View Post
If Denmark beats Sweden, China would make the playoff round which would be great.

It's 3 points for a win, 2 for a overtime/shootout win. If either Denmark or Sweden win in regulation they advance. If Denmark wins in OT China advances. If Sweden wins in OT, they advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #5
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

from last night, so awesome

https://twitter.com/user/status/1490732802870030340

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #6
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1490770908381859840
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 05:28 PM   #7
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

CofR - I don't know where you pull it from or how you make it, but just another +1 for the awesome daily rundowns.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #8
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
CofR - I don't know where you pull it from or how you make it, but just another +1 for the awesome daily rundowns.
Thanks, typically what I do is scroll through the schedule by events on the CBC website as well as the Olympic website itself to find start lists. I make note of the starting times and then I scour the Internet and the guide on my TV to try and determine what channel each event may be on. I also look up the name of the athletes on the Canadian Olympic team website to read their bios and see if there’s anything to be highlighted, I like to make mention of the local athletes specifically… it takes me way longer in summer just due to the sheer amount of events going on.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #9
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone know if freestyle big air is just one jump or average over the 3?
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:22 PM   #10
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sounded like best 2 of the 3.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:23 PM   #11
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

I believe it is two best jumps out of three. But the two must be different rotations or directions.
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #12
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

You should have to use poles. This isn’t aerials, it’s skiing. Get some poles and be a skier!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:41 PM   #13
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost impossible, no longer in Canada, to know what is upcoming at the Olympics without your daily posts CofR.
Thanks so much for everything you do!

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 02-07-2022 at 08:26 PM.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:44 PM   #14
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Megan Oldham & Olivia Asselin will very likely not medal in Women's Freestyle Skiing Big Air, as the favorites all came out to play and have stomped their massive tricks.

Oldham still has a sleight chance, but will need a score in the 93-95 area on her final jump just to have a chance.
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #15
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:04 PM   #16
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Seems like using poles doesn't look as pretty.

/expert

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 08:04 PM   #17
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Holy crap that crash by Gremaud was painful to watch.

She got up like it was nothing
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:30 PM   #18
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Seems like using poles doesn't look as pretty.

/expert
It looks terrible in my opinion (without poles, I misread your post). Freestyle skiing has been my favourite non hockey sport since I was a kid, and I’m irrationally upset about the lack of pole usage. It’s one of the things that make big ski grabs look amazing. I wonder if you could attribute it to practicing primarily on a hill, or in foam pit/pool. I wouldn’t know where to begin to find stats on that.

“Double grab!!!” And all I’m thinking is I bet that they couldn’t do it with poles…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:42 PM   #19
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Disappointing from Jack Crawford. "Too much" as he said.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:11 PM   #20
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Disappointing from Jack Crawford. "Too much" as he said.
There was a lot of potential but he should finish in the top 10 which is still a good result.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: