Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2017, 08:29 PM   #41
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Better than Boston Pizza. I ordered from there last week and they charged me $8 for delivery!

Won't be ordering from there again. I should have paid more attention.
You ordered food from Boston Pizza? lol, dude.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #42
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
You ordered food from Boston Pizza? lol, dude.
He also ordered it from Billings Montana, and when it arrived he couldn't get the ATM the guy brought to accept his card and had to pay cash. 12 hour wait, and then CASH!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #43
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

We use it at work, there's not much within walking distance so use it a lot, we just usually go with places that offer free delivery with a certain amount. Works great.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #44
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've used skip the dishes pretty much since its launch on average 1-2 times a week. I find it great. Only one or two times that the wait was beyond reason, got free credits. And food has always been hot and as expected, cant speak for the time I choose to try something new and didn't like it.

I have never paid $9 for delivery, ever. I mostly pick the places that give free delivery over $20 or whatever then tip $4 to the driver on the app. I have asked a number of the drivers if it matters to them if you tip on the app or give cash and all of them have told me it doesn't matter, they get it all.

It is sometimes a bit lacking of choices but I'm noticing more and more places all the time and it's not like any restaurants or fast food places deliver on their own anyway.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swarly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #45
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Does anyone know how much the driver gets for delivery if it's a free delivery over a certain amount? I'm sure they get a certain amount set. Would be nice to know so you can tip the driver appropriately.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #46
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Really like this service. Use Skip the dishes quite a bit. They deliver from a few restaurants I like that do not offer delivery otherwise.

Website is great, and being able to track (on top of getting a text when they arrive) is cool too.

Only issue I've ever had in maybe 20+ orders is that if there is an issue with the order, Skip does not deal with anything. So you end up having to resolve it direct with them.

Only happened one time, but otherwise awesome.

Side note, UberEats is laughably bad. Offers literally 4 restaurants to my house in Varsity.
Jbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #47
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Does anyone know how much the driver gets for delivery if it's a free delivery over a certain amount? I'm sure they get a certain amount set. Would be nice to know so you can tip the driver appropriately.
They usually get $4.50, so we usually tip $5 on top of that.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #48
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Really like this service. Use Skip the dishes quite a bit. They deliver from a few restaurants I like that do not offer delivery otherwise.

Website is great, and being able to track (on top of getting a text when they arrive) is cool too.

Only issue I've ever had in maybe 20+ orders is that if there is an issue with the order, Skip does not deal with anything. So you end up having to resolve it direct with them.

Side note, UberEats is laughably bad. Offers literally 4 restaurants to my house in Varsity.
I'm surprised by the bolded part. I've had skip call me directly before when part of my order was forgotten by the restaurant, they asked if I want that part credited back to my card or they would send another driver right away to get it also. I just took the credit since it was only 1 type of naan they forgot and I figured we'd be fine with the other 2.

Agree that UberEats is laughable, tho they do deliver McDonalds to me at work and this one Thai place that is delicious so I'll probably be using it occasionally lol
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #49
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post

I've had restaurants forget part of my order a couple of times and Skip gave me a refund. Their customer service has been great to me. I order from them at least once a week.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #50
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Skip the dishes is great if you like waiting 70-80 minutes for cold food.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #51
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I ordered Via Cibo last night and it came hot in 32 mins. I fired up my brand new August doorbell when I got notified the driver was 2 minutes away and asked him to leave it on the porch so my dogs wouldn't go crazy. What a world we live in.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #52
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I've never had food arrive cold or for that matter nothing has taken over an hour for delivery.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 10:55 AM   #53
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Are they driving it to Buffalo?

Never had it take longer than 30 minutes.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #54
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I've only once had it take an hour to get my food, but it was hot when I got it. Traffic that day was horrendous and it was just getting to the restaurant that took the driver the longest time.

For me it's averaged around 30-40 minutes to get food delivered which I think is pretty reasonable for any kind of food delivery service.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #55
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has been our result three times. There was also another time our order got cancelled because they didn't have an item, and instead of calling or texting, they sent an e-mail. So after an hour we checked and saw nothing was coming, so I went out and got Subway instead. I'm happy it works great for some people but we won't be bothering again.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #56
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last edited by IrishSpring2013; 03-28-2020 at 11:24 AM.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #57
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It works fine in the suburbs. I've used it 4 times and each time food has been hot, except when I ordered sushi and then it was thankfully cold. Delivery times were no longer than 45 minutes each time.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #58
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
This has been our result three times. There was also another time our order got cancelled because they didn't have an item, and instead of calling or texting, they sent an e-mail. So after an hour we checked and saw nothing was coming, so I went out and got Subway instead. I'm happy it works great for some people but we won't be bothering again.
That sounds like more of a problem with the restaurant than with Skip. I've used them a bunch and the only issue I've had is when the restaurant missed an item. Skip happily gave me a refund both times it happened.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:30 PM   #59
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had better luck with justeat.ca. They seemed to have better selection (at least when I lived in Airdrie) and have never had any issues. The last time I tried to use skipthedishes the restaurant I ordered from was actually closed and they would only refund me with store credit. I'm not against trying it again though
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #60
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been getting so bored lately with this being such a slow period for work so for ####s and giggles I decided to try out being a driver for them. For the last few weeks I've been going for long drives every night just for something to do so figured screw it, might as well offset the cost of that boredom and maybe discover some new restaurants I didn't know about
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote