Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-04-2022, 09:44 AM   #81
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I preordered and paid within about a minute of go-live, was in Q1 and moved to Q2. Anyone else like this? I feel like I should have used the US address and not Calgary and would have maintained my Q1.

Q2 emails should go out today, but not sure if I should expect that. There are clearly more aspects beyond order sequence for the emails (like region, etc.).
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #82
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only the first Q2 e-mails go out today, lots of Q2 people will still be waiting for quite a bit. Part of the question is whether production speed has increased, and whether the original estimated delivery times ASSUMED an increase of production speed by / during Q2.

I don't think using a US address would have helped much. The thing I wish I had done was order something other than the 512GB model. I picked that one because I figured most people would be reserving the less expensive models, especially the cheapest, given that it's a first-gen product that no one knew anything about at the time. I was very wrong about that - Feels like I'd probably have the thing already if I'd picked 256GB.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:38 PM   #83
Nage Waza

Exp:

I picked the 256 (basically had guilt if I bought the most expensive version) and didn't get an email today either.

I read that many European orders were fulfilled out of sequence (some ordered days after go live) so there appears to have been some regionality to it. In fact, some people in Canada ordered after me have also received theirs.

While nice to get it, I am not desperate. I have no choice in the matter!
Old 04-04-2022, 04:48 PM   #84
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

What time did you reserve? I know from Reddit that a 10:11 pacific time reservation got a 256 email today so that queue has at least moved to that point. For 512, the only Canadian I can see that got an e-mail was 10:07 a.m., and someone at 10:13 did not, so it's somewhere between those in theory. I'm 10:18:13, so a bit longer to wait yet. Maybe a couple of weeks.

I have no idea why I'm trying to figure out the timing aside from it being kind of an interesting puzzle.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 04-04-2022, 07:15 PM   #85
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looks like I'm July-August. Give me more time to save up some cash I guess.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #86
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Got a notification my q2 256 was ready for order today
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2022, 07:37 PM   #87
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://kotaku.com/valve-steam-deck-...mes-1848871240

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #88
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well now I'm getting a bit impatient! I purchased mine last Thursday and it's still "shipping soon". I want this sucker so I can take it with me on a trip next week. Cmon Valve, make it happen!
Old 05-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #89
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-09-2022, 10:32 PM   #90
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well now I'm getting a bit impatient! I purchased mine last Thursday and it's still "shipping soon". I want this sucker so I can take it with me on a trip next week. Cmon Valve, make it happen!
Finally got my order through, now waiting for delivery. I got the 256, I have a 1tb microsd card to go with it. I just cant seem to find an ssd anywhere, including in the states.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2022, 01:44 PM   #91
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got mine delivered last week after a short delay and some battling with Fedex - ended up having to go to the airport depot to make sure I got it in my hands. My impressions after probably about 20 hours with it are that it's a great piece of hardware with a few minor hardware flaws.

I am finding that for one of the main things I wanted to use it for - platformers - the controls aren't quite robust enough for it to be a great experience. The sticks are good, but all the other inputs are a bit less substantial and responsive than I want, with the result that, for example, I'm simply a lot better at Hollow Knight on a normal PC than on the deck. Same for things like Dead Cells, Hades, etc, some of which I specifically waited to play on the deck. I still will, but it's not QUITE the ideal experience I was envisioning. I think this is just an inevitable result of trying to get a whole package together that they can sell for $499 - between the screen, the APU, cooling, the engineering costs, and everything else, the touch points just weren't going to be fully skookum at that price point.

For things like JRPGs or action games where immediate reactions and precision aren't crucially important, though, it works great. I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel and it's a great experience right out of the box without any issues despite the game not being verified. Things like Mass Effect work fine (though I still can't figure out the gyro controls), because it's not like you have to be perfect to play that sort of game. Speakers are great, though I usually play with headphones, and I don't have any issues with fan noise or heat - that may be because I'm not pushing it hard or playing new games, to be fair.

All in all quite happy with the purchase - I think the 64GB is for sure the best deal, though. If they come out with another generation I might lean that way.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #92
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I got mine delivered last week after a short delay and some battling with Fedex - ended up having to go to the airport depot to make sure I got it in my hands. My impressions after probably about 20 hours with it are that it's a great piece of hardware with a few minor hardware flaws.

I am finding that for one of the main things I wanted to use it for - platformers - the controls aren't quite robust enough for it to be a great experience. The sticks are good, but all the other inputs are a bit less substantial and responsive than I want, with the result that, for example, I'm simply a lot better at Hollow Knight on a normal PC than on the deck. Same for things like Dead Cells, Hades, etc, some of which I specifically waited to play on the deck. I still will, but it's not QUITE the ideal experience I was envisioning. I think this is just an inevitable result of trying to get a whole package together that they can sell for $499 - between the screen, the APU, cooling, the engineering costs, and everything else, the touch points just weren't going to be fully skookum at that price point.

For things like JRPGs or action games where immediate reactions and precision aren't crucially important, though, it works great. I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel and it's a great experience right out of the box without any issues despite the game not being verified. Things like Mass Effect work fine (though I still can't figure out the gyro controls), because it's not like you have to be perfect to play that sort of game. Speakers are great, though I usually play with headphones, and I don't have any issues with fan noise or heat - that may be because I'm not pushing it hard or playing new games, to be fair.

All in all quite happy with the purchase - I think the 64GB is for sure the best deal, though. If they come out with another generation I might lean that way.
How long are your gaming sessions before your arms get tired? Heard she's heavy.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:00 PM   #93
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zero issues with that. Doesn't seem heavy to me. Maybe whoever you talked to needs to hit the weight room.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:09 PM   #94
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Old 05-19-2022, 11:30 AM   #95
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've only had it for a bit but the R1 button has already lost some functionality - it only registers when pressed on the top, not on the shoulder. Which isn't the end of the world, but it doesn't necessarily speak to super high level construction.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:05 PM   #96
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I've only had it for a bit but the R1 button has already lost some functionality - it only registers when pressed on the top, not on the shoulder. Which isn't the end of the world, but it doesn't necessarily speak to super high level construction.
Check out the repair videos that are easily found YouTube. Simple enough to replace and repair the bad button yourself.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:15 PM   #97
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Check out the repair videos that are easily found YouTube. Simple enough to replace and repair the bad button yourself.
He kind of shouldn't have to though for the amount of money they're charging.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #98
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure it is easy enough, but I have no intention of opening this thing unless I actually have to. Also this is an RMA issue, I can just send them the thing back any time within a year and get them to fix it for me rather than risking screwing something up myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2022, 11:13 PM   #99
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/167...36287857025158

Dock delayed.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:25 PM   #100
Nage Waza

Exp:

I have one of those USB C docks that worked perfectly with my deck. It has an ethernet port and made downloading super fast. Highly recommend the Anker USB C Hub, 555 USB-C Hub (8-in-1).

I also had a Wii U and the stand works perfectly with the deck.

I have not had issues with the controls, been playing GTA 5 and a few other games flawlessly. Nice to buy a system and not buy any games. I have years of backlog in Steam to catch up on. Plus the emulation.