Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-02-2022, 11:24 PM   #3301
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a Canadian Tire ad that has a dog squeaky toy. Gets my dog going every time, haha

Last edited by btimbit; 05-02-2022 at 11:42 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #3302
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Imagine having your wedding reception at Montana's.
Imagine getting engaged at Montana's.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:36 PM   #3303
Gord_Wappel
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Disagree. This is pure genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFPEedHvHqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Skip seems to be on a mission to portray their customer base as complete and utter morons. Every commercial they have on TV focuses on implying that people that use skip are imbeciles.
Gord_Wappel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gord_Wappel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 08:47 AM   #3304
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The grossest ad out there is when the guy dips the chicken finger in ketchup. (Save On Foods)
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 09:07 AM   #3305
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Probably mentioned, but the VRBO commercial with the muppets voice singing makes me want to die, maybe its the pure volume in which its played but sweet baby jesus i cant stand it
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 12:56 PM   #3306
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The grossest ad out there is when the guy dips the chicken finger in ketchup. (Save On Foods)
Not just dipped, he tried to get it all on that chicken finger
Superflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #3307
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Probably mentioned, but the VRBO commercial with the muppets voice singing makes me want to die, maybe its the pure volume in which its played but sweet baby jesus i cant stand it
It is on so, so much.

Every 3rd commercial: "right where i belong!"
Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:38 PM   #3308
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Glad this got bumped. It reminded me.

That Jayman "celebrate nothing" themed commercial with the girl receiving gifts. A commercial centered around a child so spoiled, the entire party prays she likes a birthday gift. For whatever reason, it strikes me right in the annoy bone.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leeman4Gilmour For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 03:10 PM   #3309
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Canadian banking commercials over the last few years and a lot of commercials these days that try really really hard at going for the diversity angle by trying too hard. It's not quite 100% of Canadian banking commercials but 80-90+% of them have the same interracial couple discussing financial needs.

I have zero issues with who people want to date and marry but let's get real. The majority of couples aren't interracial and if a financial institution want's to do a better job with their diversity, than actually go with what REAL Canada looks like. Have a variety of couples, sex's and all that. Have 2 visible minority people, have a gay or lesbian couple, have an Aboriginal couple. Have a rural couple as opposed to just city couples. Represent Canada the proper way as opposed to just going with what is considered easy and safe.

The people who live in downtown Toronto and come up with some of this non sense are in such a bubble it isn't even funny.
curves2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:33 PM   #3310
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

"My bike needs fuel... and so do I."

#### right off.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #3311
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

"ugh this commercial has such an annoying song"

"ugh this commercial doesnt make sense"

"ugh, too many blacks in this commercial"

Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:10 PM   #3312
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everytime I think I just may open up an account at Questrade, one of their commercials pop up during a game and I put those thoughts on hold again. Rinse and repeat. Maybe the ads are successful but using completely ######y characters saying ######y lines to push their services to me is extremely off-putting.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2022, 03:37 PM   #3313
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Not a commercial per se, but the computer generated advertisement graphics superimposed on the ice next to the blue lines during games. Last year we had the nice Stanley Cup Playoffs logo and now we get this glitchy visual abortion, incredibly distracting when they sometimes seem to vibrate. The movement draws my eyes and distracts from following the play, I hate it.

Who cares if they technology isn't working properly, get that money. These people suck.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2022, 05:32 PM   #3314
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
Not a commercial per se, but the computer generated advertisement graphics superimposed on the ice next to the blue lines during games. Last year we had the nice Stanley Cup Playoffs logo and now we get this glitchy visual abortion, incredibly distracting when they sometimes seem to vibrate. The movement draws my eyes and distracts from following the play, I hate it.

Who cares if they technology isn't working properly, get that money. These people suck.
I'm just glad that SN doesn't add the stupid graphics that ESPN/TBS does for shot velocity in the bubble over the net or those overly colorful social media icons at the blue line.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #3315
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
The Skip the Dishes commercial where guy is wiping wing sauce all over his living room always grosses me out and triggers the militant cleanliness in me to want to smack the guy.
The last thing I want to do is to eat anything after seeing that commercial.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:15 AM   #3316
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Canadian banking commercials over the last few years and a lot of commercials these days that try really really hard at going for the diversity angle by trying too hard. It's not quite 100% of Canadian banking commercials but 80-90+% of them have the same interracial couple discussing financial needs.

I have zero issues with who people want to date and marry but let's get real. The majority of couples aren't interracial and if a financial institution want's to do a better job with their diversity, than actually go with what REAL Canada looks like. Have a variety of couples, sex's and all that. Have 2 visible minority people, have a gay or lesbian couple, have an Aboriginal couple. Have a rural couple as opposed to just city couples. Represent Canada the proper way as opposed to just going with what is considered easy and safe.

The people who live in downtown Toronto and come up with some of this non sense are in such a bubble it isn't even funny.

Hi Don Cherry.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 09:17 AM   #3317
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Everytime I think I just may open up an account at Questrade, one of their commercials pop up during a game and I put those thoughts on hold again. Rinse and repeat. Maybe the ads are successful but using completely ######y characters saying ######y lines to push their services to me is extremely off-putting.
Those commercials during sports, alongside the betting commercials is a pretty obvious tell of who they’re targeting. They want people who are going to trade a lot and essentially gamble, because that’s how they make money.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 01:44 PM   #3318
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

New one for me- Poshmark and how they keep referring to their app as a "side hustle."

No, unless you somehow have a wholesale connection on clothes, you are taking something you bought for $100 and selling it for $25. While that may be a great way to turn stuff you don't use into cash, it doesn't qualify as a "side hustle."
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:56 PM   #3319
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Commercials you can't stand!

I find the Rogers “l’ve been everywhere, yeah” ad quite annoying.

Flip side, I could watch the “Liberty Biberty” ad all night, but it seems to be fading in favour of the stupid Lemu Emu ones.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:38 PM   #3320
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I keep getting internet ads for toe fungus. I don't understand why the google thinks I have toe fungus because I don't, nor have I ever inquired about toe fungus in any way.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks