Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default SOLD - Luxury arbour lake condo - $335,000

The most desired location at the Chateaux At Arbour Lake! This 1245 sq/ft top floor corner unit has remarkable downtown & mountain views from 2 private balconies. The deluxe kitchen features raised oak cabinets, multiple windows and upgraded appliances. Enjoy built in air conditioning during these scorching summers. 2 Bedrooms (great size), 2 full bathrooms (jetted tub), corner fireplace, in suite laundry, in floor heat & a BBQ gas line are just some luxurious perks of this unit. Outside of your unit you will enjoy a large storage unit, underground heated parking, private use car wash, fitness centre, recreation room and a private park with a gazebo/pond fountain. Best of all, you have access to Arbour Lake! Book your showing before it is too late. ( 18+ Building )

Link to more info: http://tmunroe.com/listing_detail-8637163.html

Floorplan: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/capturepwz.jpg/

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 08-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Conditionally sold after less than 48 hours!!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow good work! I thought 72 hours was good
Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

well we can sum it up to 2 places in under 120 hours.... I think that sounds better anyway!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This building is actually super nice. I bought a top floor corner unit in this building back in 2002 when it was brand new. I remember that no one ever had problems selling units in this building - they all seemed to sell pretty quick.

Congrats on the sale!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

With lake access? That's pretty cool.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
well we can sum it up to 2 places in under 120 hours.... I think that sounds better anyway!
Congrats on the sale

However, I did have a related question -- when something sells that quickly, I automatically think that it was priced too low. I appreciate the process for real estate is a little more nuanced than, say, listing something on kijiji, but generally speaking, how does a realtor address this to a layperson like myself? Obviously I have no idea what the final sale price was, how many showings, how many offers, etc. but is there any sort of "gold standard" or "sweet spot" you try to hit (i.e. % of list price and/or days on market)?

Just something I've always wondered about real estate...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
..., etc. but is there any sort of "gold standard" or "sweet spot" you try to hit (i.e. % of list price and/or days on market)?

Just something I've always wondered about real estate...
I can give your perspective on my house. Judging by recent sale prices we put house up for 348,000 as a feeler it was on the very high side of what we thought to start and our game plan was to price drop to 345 in a week or so after not much activity.( I assumed no one would even look at it) My house had no upgrades compared to the other house at 349. We then got a conditional offer of 344. Had 3 or so showings the first day.

I personally thought the house was worth 330 at best judged by some of the other ones that had sold and took a long time to sell but Travis came in and told me we should start higher.

Using a realtor got me several thousands more in my pocket even after commissions and everything are paid out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

tvp2003 - I have to refrain from speaking on this property until the deal goes from c/s to sold.
I am typically against accepting offers in the first few days. In fundmark's case, as he said, we were up against another house that had more upgrades. I figured we could price similar for a week and see what happens. There are so many small things that need to be done right. Many realtors will skip the small things not realizing how important it is to the big picture.

Anyway, once this property goes firm, I will update with my thoughts.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks Travis. And sorry, I wasn't trying to discuss the specifics of this particular sale; I think it was more of a recognition that a number of factors contribute to how quickly a house sells (i.e. a "good" property versus a "cheap" property) and what the final sale price is (i.e. if there are multiple interested parties, multiple offers, etc).
Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Now that the conditions have cleared I'll comment on this (it's my condo). I was quite shocked by how quickly it sold, but the price we got was what I was hoping for and the quick possession works nicely for me as I was planning to move out shortly anyway. The nice part about selling a condo is that finding comparable sales is easy - just look for everything that has sold in the same complex. In this case my unit was the best location in the building (top floor corner with downtown & mountain views) but didn't have as many upgrades as some of the others. Only one unit has sold for more and that one went for above the asking so I don't think there was a lot more to be had by waiting.

At any rate Travis did a fine job. I can't say I spent a lot of time dealing with him with the quick sale and all, but I did appreciate that he wanted to try to squeeze an extra $500 on the sale even when I was happy with what we already had (he did get it). The commission on that amount is practically nothing so there isn't a lot for the realtor to gain at that point but it will certainly make a difference to me. As an aside, there has to be a better way to structure commissions on real estate sales as the incentives are way off as anybody who has read Freakonomics knows.

I also have to commend the photographer that he used - another unit in the building listed the same day as mine and comparing the photos was night and day. I'm not usually a fan of HDR photos but it sure helps when shooting an interior with a lot of windows. That and the wide angle lens conveys the openness of the space nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah, the photos really made your place look attractive.

Tags
arbour lake , condo , house for sale , realtor