Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #61
driveway
A Fiddler Crab
 
driveway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
When most top level teams(like the Flames) play bottom feeders they dominate the games, we don't. We may still score a bunch of goals and win but it doesn't meen you dominated the game. You can dominate a game and win it 1-0.
Out of curiosity, do you watch a lot of Sharks, Wings or Bruins games in their entirety? Are you certain that these teams dominate from puck-drop to final horn? Hasn't a major complaint from Babcock been that the Wings don't play 60 minute games?

And for the record, the Flames record against teams not currently in the playoffs is 19-7-0 with 99 GF and 72 GA

Our record pre-San Jose game was 7-4-0 with 39 GF and 32 GA

Since then we've gone 12-3-0 (including 10 wins in a row) and our GF/GA is 60/40.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #62
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player
 
PsYcNeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Marseilles Of The Prairies
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
And if railroaded from the other forum means that I am still posting there and a part of it then yes...
Well there's your mistake right there
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #63
murray1
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
Bottom line, we're stuck with Keenan come hell or high water. Now that that's out of the way, we can focus on the players. Shifting responsibility away from them is letting them off too easily. 7 game win streak? The players. 7 game so-so streak, the players.
I bring up issues with players in threads pertaining to those players, just like I brought up a few issues with Keenan in this thread pertaining to Keenan. Lots of people seem to think that when I am talking about a certain person in a thread pertaining to that person that I am blaming everything on them fully, don't really get that thinking...

I am also not saying that this team has huge problems, if it did they wouldn't be 7th, I thought that was implied though. I over analyze things, it is what I do, it makes my life living hell some times but I don't know how not to do it.
murray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #64
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player
 
PsYcNeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Marseilles Of The Prairies
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
I bring up issues with players in threads pertaining to those players, just like I brought up a few issues with Keenan in this thread pertaining to Keenan. Lots of people seem to think that when I am talking about a certain person in a thread pertaining to that person that I am blaming everything on them fully, don't really get that thinking...

I am also not saying that this team has huge problems, if it did they wouldn't be 7th, I thought that was implied though. I over analyze things, it is what I do, it makes my life living hell some times but I don't know how not to do it.
So would you start a positive thread if the team/player/coaches did something good?

Because it truly seems like you avoid those threads like the plague.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #65
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
And you just keep proving that you don't have a point(other then that I am completely wrong about everything).

I don't get why you even reply to my posts if you don't even want to have a logical conversation.

As far as I can tell, according to you Keenan is the reason for our success. The PP is the 2nd worst in the league for giving up SH goals because it just is. The defensive play is as good as it was in 05/06. Phaneuf and Iginla are playing great this season. This team is hell on wheels and nothing is going to stop it.

You need to stop just arguing other peoples points because according to all your posts this team should be 50-0-0 as it has absolutely zero issues.

Sorry if you just refuse to live in real life where everything isn't perfect. I do bring up more question marks with my posts and most of them are slightly controversial. They are views on what I see. I post my views on these just like you post on how other peoples views are wrong.

And if railroaded from the other forum means that I am still posting there and a part of it then yes...
I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

My point in this thread was that you were completely off the mark with the criticisms you attributed as being Keenan's fault (If you're going to pretend you don't remember what you said I'll post them again).

It couldn't be much more clear cut in terms of what I took issue with.

And there isn't a lot of point in discussing with you when you start purposly forgetting what you said ten minutes ago.

I think you've done a fine job with the posts that ensued showcasing how your take on Keenan is dramatically over stated and doesn't make sense.

I think he's doing a good job this year for the most part, and I certainly think the things you've tried to pin on him are ridiculous. You even went so far as pointing out that just about every other team in the league has problems that aren't the coaches fault, but in our case it's Keenan, and that he's a question mark moving forward and into the playoffs.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #66
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player
 
Clever_Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: City by the Bay
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
I am also not saying that this team has huge problems, if it did they wouldn't be 7th, I thought that was implied though. I over analyze things, it is what I do, it makes my life living hell some times but I don't know how not to do it.
Overall, big picture, the Flames players have bought into Keenan's system. Yes? I think the results this year would make that decision easy.

If you take out the pre-Sharks loss (the "turning point") the Flames overall record and stats are very impressive. Yes?

The success of the Flames in the past few months have raised the bar to a point where posters and media are finding anything to scrutize. Stop trying to find a reason to fear doom and instead enjoy the fact that we are a significant threat come post-season, we are going to be only 1 of a handfull of teams to see the post-season each of the past 5-6 seasons and we have a group that doesnt need a major overhaul at the end of the season to compete.

Just curious, how many ulcers have you suffered from as a result of your over-analyzing ever Flames hiccup?
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #67
murray1
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Out of curiosity, do you watch a lot of Sharks, Wings or Bruins games in their entirety? Are you certain that these teams dominate from puck-drop to final horn? Hasn't a major complaint from Babcock been that the Wings don't play 60 minute games?

And for the record, the Flames record against teams not currently in the playoffs is 19-7-0 with 99 GF and 72 GA

Our record pre-San Jose game was 7-4-0 with 39 GF and 32 GA

Since then we've gone 12-3-0 (including 10 wins in a row) and our GF/GA is 60/40.
I don't watch the Wings a whole lot, I can't stand them. I do watch Bruins and some Sharks games. And a big misconception is that I do not think they dominate all 60 mins. But they do play well for the majority of their games. Bruins more so then the Sharks who have shown some weakness for a little while now. I am sure you are right about the Wings, I have seen it in a few games, they are so ridiculously good it doesn't matter though. Their defense hasn't been as good but their biggest weakness is Osgood. I don't get how he still gets started.

Our team has done a good job beating weak teams, but I don't know that I would say we have looked good in a lot of those games. We often just overwhelm them especially in the 3rd periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Well there's your mistake right there
Haha, I started coming here a little more often because it lacks some good conversation. Too many ZOMG!!11!! kids and the trade ideas make my head explode they are so ridiculous. Not to mention the major influx of Canuck fans(who have died off lately )
murray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #68
murray1
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
So would you start a positive thread if the team/player/coaches did something good?

Because it truly seems like you avoid those threads like the plague.
I don't do it anymore, it is the reason I got suspended from the other boards. Made a thread saying the team could finally be considered elite status after the wins against San Jose and it got deleted and I argued lol.

I don't do it overly often but I do. Haven't been here long enough, don't even know if I have created a thread on here. I could point out a lot on the other forum though.

Edit:

Quote:
Just curious, how many ulcers have you suffered from as a result of your over-analyzing ever Flames hiccup?
Not near as many as I have got from over analyzing my engineering homework. This actually makes me relax, that is why I do it. I know I am screwed up.

Did I mention that I am going to be seeing a neurologist in the near future... lol, its true...

Last edited by murray1; 02-05-2009 at 03:47 PM.
murray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #69
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player
 
Clever_Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: City by the Bay
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
The PP is the 2nd worst in the league for giving up SH goals because it just is.
When you start getting to picking out stats like that to support your point, you're overanalyzing... and probably should be a baseball fan. Picking out meaningless and obscure stats and point the finger at a coach who has his team in the hunt for 2nd in the conference and top 5 in the league is desperation to find something wrong. Enjoy the ride... you could be a Canucks/Oilers fan who wish for the problems we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray1 View Post
Did I mention that I am going to be seeing a neurologist in the near future... lol, its true...
I hope you get better, seriously.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #70
murray1
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
I hope you get better, seriously.
Don't even know if there is anything really wrong, I have slight hand tremors though(have had for years now) and I am only 21...

Parkinsons here I come(unlikely and sure hope not)
murray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
keenan , meeting , sun , sutter , tension

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021