Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #41
onetwo_threefour
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerGuy View Post
Hey guys a buddy of mine told me about this site and some of the chat about Five Guys Burgers coming to Calgary. We are dealing on 3 locations in calgary and hope to have the first location open in about 6 weeks. There will be another 4 locations in Van, lower mainland open in the next 90 days. I will keep posting to let people know where thing are at. Hope to see you all there for a great Burger.
Yay! Corporate shills on CP!

J/K Sounds like it might be worth a try. How does pricing compare with Fat Burger. Personally, $35 at a burger joint is a little steep IMO for two adults and 2 kids unless it's tthe best burger ever. I think Fat Burger is priced about a buck or a buck and a half too high per combo for the quality of the food. (but they do have wicked lemonade)

Last edited by onetwo_threefour; 07-14-2009 at 02:12 PM.
onetwo_threefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #42
1h8vcr
Draft Pick

Quote:
Hey guys a buddy of mine told me about this site and some of the chat about Five Guys Burgers coming to Calgary. We are dealing on 3 locations in calgary and hope to have the first location open in about 6 weeks. There will be another 4 locations in Van, lower mainland open in the next 90 days. I will keep posting to let people know where thing are at. Hope to see you all there for a great Burger.
Why the big secret on the location?
1h8vcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #43
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
There will be another 4 locations in Van, lower mainland open in the next 90 days.
Make sure to open somewhere along the Parade Route over there.
MRCboicgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #44
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are these guys open yet? I thought they were supposed to be.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #45
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehkara View Post
The guy above said about 6 weeks from his post which was July 14, so still 3 weeks to wait.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #46
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not to mention none of us even know where it is yet.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #47
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehkara View Post
Yah I haven't heard anything since this thread died, and I have a hankerin' for trying them out. The all-seeing, all-knowing CP has not failed me yet, so anyone who sees these Five so-called "Guys" and their magic burgers needs to shout out right away.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #48
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
The guy above said about 6 weeks from his post which was July 14, so still 3 weeks to wait.
So what you're saying is running down to my car and updating this thread on my Blackberry isn't going to get me lunch?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #49
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
So what you're saying is running down to my car and updating this thread on my Blackberry isn't going to get me lunch?
I guess that depends upon how fast you can run.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #50
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Exp:

So, by a process which I like to call "math" - a process that I sadly neglected to employ earlier in this thread, as was pointed out to me - I deduce that this place must be opening around Labour Day, and so I would think that the actual physical premises must be nearly ready. So has anyone seen the place yet, or know where it is located?

I'm thinking I might go to the grand opening and try to be the first guy to be sold a Five Guys burger in the city. I'm pretty sure the chicks'll be all over me like stink on an Oilers fan after that - what girl WOULD'NT want to be with a ground-breaking gourmet of that caliber?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 AM   #51
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Damn it...I want to try these magical burgers. No one knows of the location or an opening date yet?
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #52
COGENT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Speaking of Burgers... have you guys tried The Burger Co. in Cross Iron Mills yet? It's NY Fries does burger. I give two huge thumbs up!!! Harveys style where you pick your toppings but they have a variety of excellent sauces.
COGENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #53
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

A few of my buddies are opening a burger restaurant (going to be delicious) downtown.

LoungeBurger

As seen on the Macleod Trail side of the pedestrian level of OPUS's Stampede Station building at 1331 Macleod Trail SE (directly East of the Nuera development and in the same building as ATB): COMING SOON - loungeburger.

The concept will be "a gourmet "build your own" burger restaurant/lounge" and will also have "appys, sliders, desserts and some select entrees".
They currently plan on opening in mid-September.

Should be good place before flames games.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #54
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
A few of my buddies are opening a burger restaurant (going to be delicious) downtown.

LoungeBurger

As seen on the Macleod Trail side of the pedestrian level of OPUS's Stampede Station building at 1331 Macleod Trail SE (directly East of the Nuera development and in the same building as ATB): COMING SOON - loungeburger.

The concept will be "a gourmet "build your own" burger restaurant/lounge" and will also have "appys, sliders, desserts and some select entrees".

I work across the street from this place and it has been "Coming Soon" for months now. Mid-September was three days ago. Any updated opening date?
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #55
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Mid September. So... Three days ago?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #56
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Mid September. So... Three days ago?
That was a cut and past job. Owner said "next friday" had a tour of the place today - next friday seemed optimistic, I'd guess early October. Looks really nice though.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #57
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
That was a cut and past job. Owner said "next friday" had a tour of the place today - next friday seemed optimistic, I'd guess early October. Looks really nice though.
Everyone in my office is ready to break the doors down so we can't wait!
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #58
DrJ
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Can you confirm the location!?
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #59
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
Everyone in my office is ready to break the doors down so we can't wait!
Haha, are you in the building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Can you confirm the location!?
No for 5 Guys burger and fries or whatever it's called if that's what you're asking. If you're asking about lounge burger it's in stampede station!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #60
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

LoungeBurger

I've been NEEDING a place to eat before Flames games and I've been staring at that "coming soon" sign for too many months. Excited to give it a try.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmmmm...burgers.