Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Let's Talk about concert Tickets and Credit Cards

so with the big Garth Brooks concert coming up and seeing lots of tickets on Facebook I am wondering how the whole "must have your credit card for verification" thing works with respect to the tickets and entry.

I purchased my tickets using my credit card via a co-workers ticketmaster account. I was reviewing the ticket, and in the upper coner is shows a VI and the number 4. I purchased the ticket with my visa, which co-incidentally contains the #4. I have seen picture of other tickets with AM (Amex) in the same area of the ticket.

Do they really check tickets at the door? Do I need to be prepared for a body cavity search or some kind of giant clusterfata trying to get into the dome when I go to this concert?

what is the deal?
Old 08-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I haven't seen them actually check credit cards, but theoretically they could. There are also different types of tickets available via ticketmaster. If you have a "Credit Card Entry" ticket, you will need your credit card:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/creditcardentry
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you have an actual Ticketmaster ticket with a bar code? If you do, that's your ticket. That's all you need.

The tickets that require credit card entry come with an email that says:
Quote:
Your tickets are available via:

Credit Card Entry - Swipe your card at the entrance to find your purchase and get a slip with your seat info.
Those seats don't have a physical ticket and you can only get in after swiping the credit card that was used to buy the tickets.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #4
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have a pair of tickets that i printed via the tickmaster website.

based on comments above i think i was completely misunderstanding the process. for some reason i had it in my head that i would need to present my ticket printed from ticketmaster then show them my credit card and they would ensure i bought the tickets with that credit card; however, it would seem that if i have my ticket i am good to go.