Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #41
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
The thing that bothered me the most - Diamondback becomes a crime boss in Harlem, then Luke just happens to settle in Harlem too? A bit too convenient.
I think they played that quite well.

Prior to Luke's arrival Diamondback as unseen and calculating. As soon as Luke showed up, he lost his #### because it wasn't expected.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #42
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I've seen the other three Netflix Marvel series, but only the first two Like Cage. So far it's just been a gangster show. Does it turn into a superhero show or is more just for hip-hop fans? Do you think I need to watch it for the Defenders? So far I would say DD (especially season 2) and Iron Fist really lead into what the previews show for Defenders, but not really JJ.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #43
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
So I've seen the other three Netflix Marvel series, but only the first two Like Cage. So far it's just been a gangster show. Does it turn into a superhero show or is more just for hip-hop fans? Do you think I need to watch it for the Defenders? So far I would say DD (especially season 2) and Iron Fist really lead into what the previews show for Defenders, but not really JJ.
I absolutely loved everything about Luke Cage but unfortunately at around the seventh or eighth episode, for me it all went completely south. After that point for me every character decision made little sense, the writing turned very formulaic, anything to do with the cop I would just FF and the action scenes especially one if the end battles were just laughable.

To me it seemed like they had come up with a solid eight episode premise but were asked to stretch that to thirteen which i feel really hurt the overall quality of the show. I wouldn't say the whole series is necessary viewing for Defenders maybe just the last episode to see where Luke ends up. Although if you've already watched the first two and have nothing else to watch, it might not be bad idea to finish.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #44
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got around to watching this, not bad but that last episode was a little over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
First I have to say I was most impressed with the music and the setting. The series was a love letter to Harlem and black culture. All of the musical numbers at Harlem's Paradise were captivating.
Loved the music, this song was stuck in my head for a few days.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #45
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Yeah Charles Bradley is great.

He provided the singing voice for Krampus in American Dad in one of the funniest episodes:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #46
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

What did everyone think of Season 2? I enjoyed it but I did find some of the dialogue to be quite forced and cringe worthy at parts. I was underwhelmed with Bushmaster story line, especially with how they wrapped the character up.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #47
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
What did everyone think of Season 2? I enjoyed it but I did find some of the dialogue to be quite forced and cringe worthy at parts. I was underwhelmed with Bushmaster story line, especially with how they wrapped the character up.
I am only 5 episodes in and so far I have no complaints.But I find that these shows are always 4 episodes too long. To me the biggest win is the soundtrack every episode there is a cool music moment.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #48
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I am only 5 episodes in and so far I have no complaints.But I find that these shows are always 4 episodes too long. To me the biggest win is the soundtrack every episode there is a cool music moment.
The music is consistently awesome.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #49
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

The music was amazing, every single time, but the show was just meh IMO. I thought they could have done so much more but by the end of things it just felt forced.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #50
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

How many times does Bushmaster insist on correcting someone by saying "Stokes"?

I swear it happened like 20 times throughout.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #51
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I said it in another thread but I flat out loved season two. It felt like what I wanted season one to be. Maybe it’s because season one was so awful, who knows. Oddly enough I disliked the one actress everyone seemed to love, I couldn’t stand the lady who plays Mariah Stokes. Weird distracted acting that took me out of every scene she was in.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #52
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I said it in another thread but I flat out loved season two. It felt like what I wanted season one to be. Maybe it’s because season one was so awful, who knows. Oddly enough I disliked the one actress everyone seemed to love, I couldn’t stand the lady who plays Mariah Stokes. Weird distracted acting that took me out of every scene she was in.

I haven't liked her since she insisted on blowing up the Enterprise. Bitch is clearly clueless.

One step closer to Heroes for Hire. I'm very excited and very much enjoyed season 2.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote