Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldnt mind it so much, but I have to put up with their stupid promos for the show that always hilights that annoying girl, so it affects me whether I choose to or not. And now that woman is also in actual commercials for other products (ie Siri) where she's even more oh-so quirky cutesy wutesy!

I want anything she does to fail, so she finally fades away.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The show is so much more than her though. And personally, I find her adorable and funny. They have toned down her "wackyness" so much since the first couple of episodes.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I usually like Zooey Deschanel. After Almost Famous and Elf I was ready to stalk her because of how adorable and cute she was.

But after those Wiley Coyote episode ads I've seen for the show the past week "meep meep!" I've wanted this show cancelled and her murdered.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
I liked The River. I do feel like they 'jumped the shark' as it were in the last episode. Really over the top. Up until that point, the show was pretty interesting and much better than any of the 'procedural' shows that keep getting renewed. Too bad we lose interesting and different shows like The River each year.
I thought The River sucked. Throwing stuff at the screen with an ominous soundtrack with lound noises mixed in! When I found out it had the same director as Paranomal Activity I was like, "yeah, figures".

Supernatural stuff isn't intellectually scary at all, so I guess they have to abuse instincts that were ingrained thousands of years ago instead.

I'll take "procedurals" like Castle or Bones over that any day - the ones that actually make an effort to make their shows fun to watch.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
But after those Wiley Coyote episode ads I've seen for the show the past week "meep meep!" I've wanted this show cancelled and her murdered.
Now you know how I feel! Cutesy and adorable are qualities that are admirable in a 5 year old, not a grown woman. But for me the topper is that droning ###### man voice....it grinds my gears as soon as I hear it.

But anyway...
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

NBC announced their fall schedule today: http://tvline.com/2012/05/13/nbc-fall-tv-lineup-2012/

Previews of the new shows are here: http://www.nbc.com/upcoming-shows/

Only two new dramas: The J. J. Abrams produced, "Revolution" (set 15 years after something caused all power sources on the planet to go dead); and the Dick Wolf produced, "Chicago Fire" (ER in a fire hall).

Four new comedies, and NBC will have at least an hour of comedies on each night of the week from Tuesday to Friday.

Only "Guys with Kids" appears to be a traditional 3 camera studio audience/laugh track sitcom. Comedies are always hard to gauge from their pilots because they have to introduce the premise and the characters so quickly, and the actors haven't had a chance to make the characters their own yet.

It also looks like they have a few mid-season replacements lined up, including comedies starring Dane Cook and Bill Pullman. Pullman will be the President of the US on his show. Hopefully, those damn aliens stay away this time.

They also have "Hannibal", which will be a prequel to the Hannibal Lecter stories before Lecter is found to be a serial killer. It looks to be in early development though, since it doesn't appear the role of Lecter has even been cast yet.

The biggest change to the line-up for the returning shows is the move to Friday of Whitney and Community. I'm more concerned about Community being paired with Whitney than I am about it moving to Friday. Being away from Big Bang Theory should be good for it, and networks have lower expectations for shows on Friday nights.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #27
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Revolution looks interesting... I'll be checking that out come fall

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Revolution looks interesting... I'll be checking that out come fall
Yea, I'm actually pretty excited for it after seeing some trailers. Hope it lives up to how good the trailers look.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

So happy that Up All Night is returning.

Are You There, Chelsea? was some of the most awkward comedy I've ever watched. There's no surprise it's one and done.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #30
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was quite the ending to The Finder. That show deserved a much better fate - Friday night time slot on Fox kills another show.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #31
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

interesting...

i'm not sold on that main girl actor, but i'm a sucker for any fall of civilization premise
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #32
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

CSI Miami has been cancelled after ten seasons. I find that quite surprising to say the least' obviously it wasn't a good show, but it was a ratings producer for the majority of its run.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #33
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
And the wife and I howled every time we saw the commercial and even more so in the show. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
I thought The River sucked. Throwing stuff at the screen with an ominous soundtrack with lound noises mixed in! When I found out it had the same director as Paranomal Activity I was like, "yeah, figures".

Supernatural stuff isn't intellectually scary at all, so I guess they have to abuse instincts that were ingrained thousands of years ago instead.

I'll take "procedurals" like Castle or Bones over that any day - the ones that actually make an effort to make their shows fun to watch.
The zombie episode when they finally found Emmet Cole, made The Walking Dead look like The Muppets it was so freakin' crazy scary, but again, each to his own. If I had to sit through crap like Castle and Bones instead of innovative shows like The River I would simply turn the TV off.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

"Awake" was very enjoyable, but I couldn't see how it would become an ongoing series. I hope they can wrap it up properly in the remaining two episodes. Jason Isaacs is a compelling actor, despite never hearing about him before.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #35
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fox announced their fall schedule today: http://www.tv.com/news/foxs-2012-201...fridays-28660/

Not a lot of changes. Only 3 new shows in the fall, with 2 mid-season replacements waiting.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

My roommates and I really enjoyed The River. Too bad it's cancelled.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #37
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Wow.. I'm really surprised at the hate towards New Girl. I wasn't digging it for the first 5 or 6 episodes because Deschanel was being too quirky, but after that they really played up more of the other characters, and it has since become my favourite comedy.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #38
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Wow.. I'm really surprised at the hate towards New Girl. I wasn't digging it for the first 5 or 6 episodes because Deschanel was being too quirky, but after that they really played up more of the other characters, and it has since become my favourite comedy.
I think that was my biggest problem with it as well, and if a show doesn't stop annoying me after 5-6 episodes, it no longer gets recorded.

Kind of sad that Terra Nova isn't coming back either. Pretty much knew that already though, but this solidifies it. I know it wasn't the best show, but there is a lack of good sci-fi type stuff right now so it really filled a void for me, or maybe I am just not looking hard enough.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #39
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am also interested in Revolution. I hope it focuses on the struggles of survival, and not on the "supernatural cause of loss of power". In short, make it about the people and what they go through to survive, not a never ending quest to discover the reason why the power went out.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #40
Pacem
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Rules of Engagement really gets crappy treatment. Hard to tell when its on. Was suppose to be on Saturdays then they changed it after that horrible How to be a Gentleman show. Its like CBS's go to mid season replacement show. Commit to the show or let it go.

Adam, the ditzy guy is very funny on that show. Big fan of the Puddy character on Seinfeld, so kind of happy to see it sorta live on in that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Yeah, pretty much the same for me so glad she finally toned it down. My wife liked the show off the bat so that is the only reason it was getting recorded. Schmidt is one of the funniest characters on T.V.

No real disappointments for me by the looks of things. Happy Endings, Parks and Rec, Community, and Modern Family are still on so im good to go.
Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote