Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #41
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'd be in again (360). hopefully i wont get red ring of death again 2 weeks after i get the game.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #42
MJM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wow, this game is seems to be a step backwards. It's more of an arcade style game than a sim. I can throw a 30-40 yard pass anytime I want to a fast/tall receiver. It's pretty frustrating from a defensive perspective as well. I have a pretty solid football knowledge and I for the life of me can't stop the long bombs to the Ochocinco/Moss/Fitzgerald's of the world, even when I friggin double team them.

Combine that with the brutal leg online, and this game is quickly becoming unplayable for me.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #43
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

The kicking online is driving me batty. Every single kick goes out of bounds because of the lag with the kicking meter.

Last edited by FanIn80; 08-24-2010 at 10:12 AM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #44
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

For the first time in years I held off buying Madden. NCAA has been so good, I don't have desire to play Madden. I am a franchise/dynasty guy and Madden has done absolutely nothing to the franchise mode in years. Supposedly next year, so I will wait and happily play NCAA.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #45
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well this is fataing stupid. I'm in year 3 of my franchise and my number 1 receiver is Dez Bryant at 89 overall. But for some reason no matter which position or what place on the depth chart I put him he cant be on the field. Any help?
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #46
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

I went and impulse bought this. Haven't played a football game since NFL Gameday 2003 (so legit). Safe to say, it's a step and a half above that...I'm enjoying my time with it, although I do find it a little too dumbed down even with my lack of time playing football games. The running is tons of fun, although passing is a little unrealistic. Now all I need to be able to do is make a freaking stop on defense and I'll be golden.

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #47
MJM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger_4_ View Post
I went and impulse bought this. Haven't played a football game since NFL Gameday 2003 (so legit). Safe to say, it's a step and a half above that...I'm enjoying my time with it, although I do find it a little too dumbed down even with my lack of time playing football games. The running is tons of fun, although passing is a little unrealistic. Now all I need to be able to do is make a freaking stop on defense and I'll be golden.
You can't make a stop on defence. That's what's ruining the game for me. Your opponent could tell you the esact play they are running and who the ball is going to before you select your defence, and the receiver is still going to catch the ball.

If the guy runs on 3rd down you can stop it, but given every other player online is also aware that all you have to do is throw the ball, I can count on one hand how many times someone has actually punted on 4th down.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #48
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Wow, this game is seems to be a step backwards. It's more of an arcade style game than a sim. I can throw a 30-40 yard pass anytime I want to a fast/tall receiver. It's pretty frustrating from a defensive perspective as well. I have a pretty solid football knowledge and I for the life of me can't stop the long bombs to the Ochocinco/Moss/Fitzgerald's of the world, even when I friggin double team them.

Combine that with the brutal leg online, and this game is quickly becoming unplayable for me.
Ugh. I agree. Just finished as game in the 4th or 5th year of my franchise. I was playing as the Eagles against the Vikings and won 63-56. I'm playing on All-Pro, with 15 minute quarters and a 25 second run off between plays. I racked up 849 total yards of offense vs. their 873 yards. I had 550 passing yards, they had 648. Ridiculous.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #49
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Game is way too easy. Im playing this on all madden, and going 16-0 in the regular season. 5000 passing yards 40 touchdowns 30 interceptions.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #50
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...h=8&year=2,010

Sounds like we can expect some improvements in the next month or so.

Quote:
Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #51
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've made the game a little better for myself by customizing some of sliders. I've moved up my offensive difficulty to All-Madden levels, while leaving the defense set to All-Pro. Less ridiculous scores now.