Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default DVD Recorder wont turn on-- DVD Stuck

I was installing my moms new HD TV today and when we went to plug her DVD recorder back in it wouldn't power up. I checked the power cord, the connection, and the fuse inside the unit but that is all I am willing to do as far as interior testing goes. It is a Pioneer DVR 220.

My wife has suggested that some DVD players wont turn on if the DVD inside has been dislodged from the DVD tray. I have not heard of this, but we were tilting it to get it in and our of her narrow component shelving, so it kinda seems possible. Does anyone have any experience with this happening and have any advice as far as how to either

a) open the DVD tray without power.

b) get the DVD out some other way.

It is the first DVD in a Series my mom got for Christmas and quite honestly if there isnt a way to 'reset' the dvd player or do a non-powered eject, I am willing to just dismantle the entire thing to get it out if needed, but clearly that is not the desired outcome.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmmm, I know that most optical drives on a PC have a manual release simply by poking a paperclip in a really small hole, never seen one on a DVD player but there could be something similar likely in the back of the player. Not sure but worth a try.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I searched all over it many times for one, finally found it hidden very well late last night