Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #2801
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do wonder if we are primed for a good 10% sell off across the board, maybe we get one last exhaustive push up and then a drop.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #2802
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Probably til end of year, if not longer. I had a big position i was trading around a core in the 11s. I've taken about 95% of my profits off of it, and am just letting it cook in my LT til at least end of the year .
I think CLOV is decent as a hold as least until the end of the year. I have it too and I'm down on it but all of Chamath's other projects/SPACs that I have invested in have paid off so I'm willing to wait to see how it shakes out.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #2803
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I do wonder if we are primed for a good 10% sell off across the board, maybe we get one last exhaustive push up and then a drop.
There be a melt up, and then a big correction coming. Market is coiling for one more big push before summer.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #2804
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I don't know no Macro, but it doesn't feel 'toppy' to me. The markets really shrugged of the rate shock like it was no big deal. I did make a purchase today which is generally a bad sign for the markets and my portfolio.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #2805
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKDarts View Post
How's everybody feeling on CBDT? buying the dip?
Read today that one of the board of directors resigned to pursue other opportunities. Could be that they seen a better opportunity or it could be ominous. Either way, fishy to me.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:19 AM   #2806
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just bought a few hundred dollars worth of cbdt this morning at 0.91. Worth a random shot at the price given the earlier run up.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #2807
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Just bought a few hundred dollars worth of cbdt this morning at 0.91. Worth a random shot at the price given the earlier run up.
I got in fairly high unfortunately @ >$1.90, looks like I can just hang in there and hope for a rebound now. I'm always suspicious of people on trading forums pumping stocks but had hoped people on CP would actually want to help people. My own fault anyways, too lazy and not enough knowledge to do the research
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #2808
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I got in fairly high unfortunately @ >$1.90, looks like I can just hang in there and hope for a rebound now. I'm always suspicious of people on trading forums pumping stocks but had hoped people on CP would actually want to help people. My own fault anyways, too lazy and not enough knowledge to do the research
Im a touch nervous too I got a little carried away buying the dip haha! It went up as fast as it went down so who knows hopefully we rebound

Any advice on CCIV, I sold enough of my position when it was in the high 50's to cover my buy in and am holding a few still for the ride, but the ride has been purely down, is this one worth holding or should i just take the profits and be happy?
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #2809
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Man, some of you need to be patient with stocks - particularly CBDT. Play the long game here, and pay attention to the activities of the actual business. It's a great grab at the moment.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:30 AM   #2810
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I generally avoid trading boards as those have a ton of extreme pumpers and the opposite. With this stock I didn’t do any research and just considered what was recommended here and the volume associated to know this wasn’t a pump and dump situation. I’m generally skeptical of run ups which is why I’m lucky I didn’t buy in earlier. Anyway, I hope nobody on this board is misleading nor do I think anyone is as this is ultimately a hockey board. When you see extreme hyping though, it’s always best to be skeptical (at least I am).
Old 03-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #2811
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah CBDT has a solid financial growth plan, about to open up three actual clinics in Ontario with targeted revenue (and even more clinics across Canada soon), just recently partnered with Rexall (which is huge), and provides a variety of wellness solutions including COVID testing with their KAI kit. They are pursuing COVID testing contracts at sports stadia and airports as well, including possibly at Dallas-Fort Worth. The fundamentals on this company are strong, hence why I'm buying some more stock in this dip. I imagine that this company is being shorted like crazy right now, but this stock is too good not to go up in the next year. Play the long game with this one.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #2812
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does the company just do Covid testing?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #2813
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Yeah CBDT has a solid financial growth plan, about to open up three actual clinics in Ontario with targeted revenue (and even more clinics across Canada soon), just recently partnered with Rexall (which is huge), and provides a variety of wellness solutions including COVID testing with their KAI kit. They are pursuing COVID testing contracts at sports stadia and airports as well, including possibly at Dallas-Fort Worth. The fundamentals on this company are strong, hence why I'm buying some more stock in this dip. I imagine that this company is being shorted like crazy right now, but this stock is too good not to go up in the next year. Play the long game with this one.
I genuinely appreciate posts like this and despite being disappointed in myself it's likely true that most people posting in this thread on CP are actually looking for advice and are trying to help people. I have no problem playing the long game, I just seem to never know when to sell. Held on to some weed stocks through the highs then the lows.. Then gave up. lol my financial acumen is definitely lacking.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #2814
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Stock boards are awful for buy sell advice, but if you don't mind sifting though the garbage, it's a good place to find ideas and plays that your own screening may not find.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:50 AM   #2815
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Man, some of you need to be patient with stocks - particularly CBDT. Play the long game here, and pay attention to the activities of the actual business. It's a great grab at the moment.
Haha guilty, but i am in it for the long haul, bought many dips so hoping for some green days!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #2816
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Stock boards are awful for buy sell advice, but if you don't mind sifting though the garbage, it's a good place to find ideas and plays that your own screening may not find.

This is bang on. Boards (including this one, now that this thread is a bit more active) can be great places to find out about the existence and nature of companies you might not otherwise have come across. They're not good places to find out about the prospects of any given stock or whether you should buy them - that requires you to do your own research.

That said, I wonder if anyone would be up for a "pet stocks" series, i.e., pick a stock you're particularly keen on, and share a post as to why you think it's such a great investment. Might be kind of fun, and make the thread more helpful to everyone who participates in it. Kind of a CP Investing Power Ring...
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #2817
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Does the company just do Covid testing?
They're an integrated healthcare company with a variety of products and services.

Article from Accesswire:
Empower Clinics Announces Locations of First Three Integrated Health Centres in Ontario. Each Location Anticipated to Generate Approximately $3,000,000 In Revenue. Further Locations to Be Announced https://www.accesswire.com/631884/Em...o-Be-Announced

Here's recent vids below that feature the CEO Steve McCauley and his plans:

NEXT SUPER STOCK live! Empower Clinics (CSE: CBDT) & RedLight Holland (CSE:TRIP) CEO LiveChat (February 25, 2021) (skip to 1:06:20)
Spoiler!

Empower Clinics CEO confident business model remains strong as national clinic rollout set to begin (February 26, 2021)
Spoiler!

Just for some recent information in case you're interested.

Last edited by Muta; 03-03-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added the word "company" in the first sentence.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 10:55 AM   #2818
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I recommend just just using this thread to find out which stocks to investigate further, then perform due diligence on the companies you want to invest in.

Helpful tip: It's risky to invest in companies operating industries you don't know anything about. Be familiar with the stocks' LOB and the environment they operate in. It may be helpful to get familiar with a couple industries and really know the ins and outs. In Alberta, that may very well be commodities and energy/utilities - something that may be familiar territory for many on this board.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #2819
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I recommend just just using this thread to find out which stocks to investigate further, then perform due diligence on the companies you want to invest in.

Helpful tip: It's risky to invest in companies operating industries you don't know anything about. Be familiar with the stocks' LOB and the environment they operate in. It may be helpful to get familiar with a couple industries and really know the ins and outs. In Alberta, that may very well be commodities and energy/utilities - something that may be familiar territory for many on this board.
That is unfortunately the issue with many Albertans stock portfolios as they only invest what they know. I have seen first hand the devastation that can have on one's portfolio when their job, performance bonus, house and investments are all tied to the same industry. The lack of diversification has destroyed lots of Calgarian's net worth.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #2820
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

That's why it's important to use a trusted, reputable advisor with a good portfolio of work if you are not an SME yourself, and being familiar with your wheelhouse so you can see the highs and lows coming and know about industry events. It's also why I said get familiar with 2-3 industries. I agree, all eggs in one basket is not good.

I think the issue with lack of diversification was the boom rode too long and people got complacent, and were thinking too much within a singular vein of commodity investments. The 2008/09 should have been a bit of a warning shot that markets can take an impact - even if it wasn't directly related to O/G. 2014 was the real shock to that singular investment strategy.

There is still much potential in commodities and energy - but it requires learning about things like renewables, mining, and other upcoming integrated companies that may also include things like big data, tech, GIS, etc.