Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #2081
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

All Cavalry after the goal and at least 2 top chances that should've done much better with, and then some lesser chances that they also squandered. But it's all still there, and getting one back changes the game. One before half would be a dream. I don't doubt Mtl will sit back until then have to but Cavalry looking promising still.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #2082
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're still in it for sure... They're pressuring well
Old 08-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #2083
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zut, Zator. A sitter. Cavs should be up. All sorts of action and getting touches in the box that they can't get clean or a bounce. But all sorts of waves of action and the Mtl defenders don't look too confident. Let the Impact off the ropes.

Last edited by browna; 08-14-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #2084
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not out of it yet. A bit of a hill to climb, but they are playing positive football and are generating chances.

Nice night for this too.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #2085
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Somewhat unlucky, all those set pieces for Cavalry and it was Impact getting the lone goal off theirs. Ah well, they did themselves proud, had the better of the play and it coulda woulda shoulda.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #2086
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love that we can hang with MLS teams... I am so proud of these boys. They played with pride, respect, skill and heart. You simply can't be disappointed with this result. What a ride.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #2087
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a match, so proud of the boys. They played their hearts out and left it all on the field. We can hang with MLS teams. Incredible. What an evening!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #2088
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun game was fun.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #2089
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Somewhat unlucky, all those set pieces for Cavalry and it was Impact getting the lone goal off theirs. Ah well, they did themselves proud, had the better of the play and it coulda woulda shoulda.
Yup, more then enough chances at the end of the first half, to get one if not 2.
Garde and a bunch of the Impact a bunch of babies because their theatrics weren't being called, and complaining over and over about Pasquotti (and got a call finally).

I am sure Tommy would love to go back 4 days and sit out Brown, the guy who scored in Montreal, and other big goals, and not have him get hurt in an utterly meaningless game vs Halifax. Bad choice by Tommy.

Malonga useless out there tonight and Brown would've been in at half or soon after, if not starting.

Escalantes service not great on many of those corners.

Man of match for Cavs, Pasquotti. Torched the Impact left back in first half and created at least a half dozen corners. Nevermind the throws. Only guy they looked really confident out there all game, everyone else looked tentative. He's gone somewhere next year, and he's worth it.

Last edited by browna; 08-14-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #2090
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

This cup run has been a lot of fun. Chins up boys, we've still got a league title to win!

Great to see the stadium full and rocking again. This was the first game to be announced as a sellout at 5633, so I guess we finally know the capacity of atco field!
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #2091
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

This one stings, as the boys really played well and deserved a better outcome.

Still, heads held high and back on Friday to club the fools in Edmonton. No way Impact beat TFC, so screw the Impact.

PS: ATCO Field needs at least two more floodlights.

Last edited by Thunderball; 08-14-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #2092
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hang your heads high. We did the league proud. The crowd was fantastic. Loud all game. Even the main stand started some chants that we got in on.

Hope everyone comes back Friday...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 PM   #2093
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The lighting situation would hsvr been better if the CSA didn't unnecessarily start the games at 7:30. Still, that was pretty funny.

Great effort, but the injuries clearly hurt us and Montreal did a great job defending after they got the goal.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #2094
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Hang your heads high. We did the league proud. The crowd was fantastic. Loud all game. Even the main stand started some chants that we got in on.

Hope everyone comes back Friday...
Back at it with the white Vans!
Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #2095
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have just attended my first Cavs game (thanks @theironmaiden) and I am still on the train heading home (F the city budget cut and reduced service level, so they have money to build a new arena but no money for police and other services? Ok that's rant for another time)

Anyways I love the atmosphere. The supporter section was chanting and signing from the first minute to the final whistle. The amenities are good. Other than the stadium is a little bit far (especially for a mid week night game, and yes, more lights are needed), I really enjoy the game.

I may not be as hardcore as Shermanator, but I will definitely go back for more games...
Old 08-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #2096
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Awesome crowd tonight. Everyone listened to Tommy and arrived early ready to cheer.

Only disappointing thing was that with our two best crowds of the year for the Caps and the Impact we didn't manage a single goal. Definitely lacking some scoring at home.

Great cup run though, was incredibly fun.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #2097
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Totally winnable game. It's my dream to see TFC play here...ah well, maybe next year.

That single flood light was pretty pathetic - hilarious that dozens of people were trying to help out with the flashlights on their phones.

Last edited by mac_82; 08-14-2019 at 11:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mac_82 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #2098
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

The lighting was atrocious -- only bad part of the experience. Still, seems like such an easy fix. Must have looked awful on TV

Old 08-14-2019, 11:18 PM   #2099
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I have just attended my first Cavs game (thanks @theironmaiden) and I am still on the train heading home (F the city budget cut and reduced service level, so they have money to build a new arena but no money for police and other services? Ok that's rant for another time)

Anyways I love the atmosphere. The supporter section was chanting and signing from the first minute to the final whistle. The amenities are good. Other than the stadium is a little bit far (especially for a mid week night game, and yes, more lights are needed), I really enjoy the game.

I may not be as hardcore as Shermanator, but I will definitely go back for more games...
Oh god...it's not the same money!
Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #2100
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Strong performance tonight. Had lots of the ball and Pasquotti gave the Impact fits down the right side. Büscher also stood out for me. Malonga didn't look very mobile and I think we really missed Camargo above all. His ability to link up with midfield in and pop up in the box was definitely missed tonight. All in all, we gave the Impact a real fight over the two legs and I'm proud of the team. Will be interesting to see what the line up looks like on Friday. Some of these guys tonight will have to play, particularly most if not all of the back 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to ditty For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge