Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #1981
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
This has to be the most macabre thread this place has ever seen.
Challenge Accepted...?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #1982
Knut

Exp:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6499297/a...epp-recording/

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/an...d-johnny-depp/

So it seems like Amber Heard was the one abusing Johnny Depp.

Cigarette burns to his face, broken finger from a tossed vodka bottle, punches and verbal abuse.

Then she went around being a UN human rights ambassador for women's abuse.
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #1983
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post

Cigarette burns to his face, broken finger from a tossed vodka bottle, punches and verbal abuse.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #1984
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post

That's a pretty bad look for her and another reason never to jump to conclusions when accusations come out. Worse yet she's kind of undermining the #MeToo movement.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #1985
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That's a pretty bad look for her and another reason never to jump to conclusions when accusations come out. Worse yet she's kind of undermining the #MeToo movement.
I see this as kind of a perfect thing to happen to it.

It's simultaneously a reminder that "believe her" is not a slogan that should be taken to heart without criticism, while it also helps keep the topic of domestic violence in the headlines with a superfamous victim.

Kind of have-cake-and-eat-it.

(Also, I'd say this is only partially related to #metoo, although it's the same ballgame. But that's semantics.)
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #1986
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

None of that will happen. Proof is Heard said, "I didn't punch you I hit you and you're fine" if Depp said that his career would be over and it would be headline news all over the world.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #1987
Weirdness
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
None of that will happen. Proof is Heard said, "I didn't punch you I hit you and you're fine" if Depp said that his career would be over and it would be headline news all over the world.

I was going respond with a quote about how when you do something to hurt someone you don't get to decide that it didn't actually hurt them. Then I realized Louis C.K. said it so.... yeah
Old 02-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #1988
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

They abused each other. Sounds like a crazy coke/booze fuelled toxic relationship. They're both villains and victims.s of eachother. Although seems like Amber Heard does have a history. But this specific thing to me is so clouded in he said she said, only two people will know the truth.

EDIT: the 50m lawsuit did get settled so WTF do I know. Nothing.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:47 AM   #1989
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The deceased American financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and his girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell were Israeli spies who used underage girls to blackmail politicians into giving information to Israel, according to their alleged Mossad handler.

The couple reportedly ran a “honey-trap” operation in which they provided young girls to prominent politicians from around the world for sex, and then used the incidents to blackmail them in order to attain information for Israeli intelligence.
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...w-book-claims/

Well that's an interesting twist...
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #1990
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
They abused each other. Sounds like a crazy coke/booze fuelled toxic relationship. They're both villains and victims.s of eachother. Although seems like Amber Heard does have a history. But this specific thing to me is so clouded in he said she said, only two people will know the truth.

EDIT: the 50m lawsuit did get settled so WTF do I know. Nothing.
It is definitely very one sided.

https://www.ibtimes.com/johnny-depp-...career-2917473
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #1991
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/peter-nygard...463684?cmp=rss

WTF is wrong with rich people? I don't even want to quote anything, it's all so bad.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #1992
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

WTF is wrong with rich people? I don't even want to quote anything, it's all so bad.

Nygard has some history dating back a long time ago. I remember a doc about him and his island or something. Might have been how he treated employees.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:58 PM   #1993
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

And it turns out another friend of Prince Andrew!!!
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #1994
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

British Royal family now with strong connections to America's most prolific pedo (Epstein), Canada's most prolific pedo (Nygard) and Britains most prolific pedo/necrophiliac (Saville).
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #1995
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
British Royal family now with strong connections to America's most prolific pedo (Epstein), Canada's most prolific pedo (Nygard) and Britains most prolific pedo/necrophiliac (Saville).
It's important a country has someone to look up too, set the moral tone so to speak.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #1996
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Woah-ho-ho, let's not be too harsh in our judgement. Just imagine, you wake up one day, and a man you've known for decades, partied with a ton of times and publicly called your best friend turns out to be the greatest necrophiliac and pedophiliac in possibly all of human history. It could happen to anyone, even prince charles.

Also, remember that time the Queen made 10 native kids disappear and the key witness died right before the court date and the guy who brought up the charges was drugged and institutionalized against his will and has barely been seen or heard from since? Real unfortunate luck for them to keep getting caught up in this nasty business.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #1997
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Woah-ho-ho, let's not be too harsh in our judgement. Just imagine, you wake up one day, and a man you've known for decades, partied with a ton of times and publicly called your best friend turns out to be the greatest necrophiliac and pedophiliac in possibly all of human history. It could happen to anyone, even prince charles.

Also, remember that time the Queen made 10 native kids disappear and the key witness died right before the court date and the guy who brought up the charges was drugged and institutionalized against his will and has barely been seen or heard from since? Real unfortunate luck for them to keep getting caught up in this nasty business.
Savile's brother ran a hospital radio station at a psychiatric hospital my mate did his nurse training at in the late 70's, everyone there knew he was a perv and kept an eye on him, basically because of his brother they couldn't get rid of him but had to pretty much have a nurse follow him around to make sure he didn't diddle the patients, whole family were wierd
Old 02-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #1998
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Boy Scouts of America file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits

The bankruptcy petition listed the Boy Scouts liabilities at $500 million to $1 billion

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/boy-sc...uits-1.5466801

Quote:
Barraged by hundreds of sex-abuse lawsuits, the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday in hopes of working out a potentially mammoth victim compensation plan that will allow the hallowed, 110-year-old organization to carry on.

The Chapter 11 filing in federal bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, sets in motion what could be one of the biggest, most complex bankruptcies ever seen. Scores of lawyers are seeking settlements on behalf of several thousand men who say they were molested as scouts by scoutmasters or other leaders decades ago but are only now eligible to sue because of recent changes in their states' statute-of-limitations laws.

By going to bankruptcy court, the Scouts can put those lawsuits on hold for now. But ultimately they could be forced to sell off some of their vast property holdings, including campgrounds and hiking trails, to raise money for a compensation trust fund that could surpass a billion dollars.

"Scouting programs will continue throughout this process and for many years to come," the Boy Scouts said in a statement. "Local councils are not filing for bankruptcy because they are legally separate and distinct organizations."
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #1999
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's about time they earned their "Chapter 11" badge.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #2000
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Let's hope this is the begining of the end for the monarchy in England.

It is a ridiculous concept.

Quote:

Tell me more about this please?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote