Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
They have been at 2nd in the Atlantic Division so if they can finish as a 2-3 Division finisher and play the Rangers or Flyers, they might be able to pull off a series win. They are one of about 12 teams with a positive goal differential.

They are a team without a great deal of scoring talent, but have been around the top 10 in the league for goals for all year. Seriously unless you are a hard core Jackets or hockey fan, I defy you to name 10 players on that team in 10 seconds not named Sergei Bobrovski off the top of your head. I suppose a somewhat mobile defence has helped them create a decent scoring by committee that has produced a lot of 10 goal scorers.

Just looked at their stats. All I take away from it is that both of the draft picks the Flames got for Erixon have played more NHL games than he has this year. Tough break Timmy.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #22
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You mean trade Gaborik? Or when they initially acquired Gaborik? Someone has to score the goals.

Yeah those 9 goals he scored as a Blue Jacket were so crucial for that team. In the mean time Brassard has potted 20 as a Ranger.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #23
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

If clb was one of the teams lowballing Burke on Cammalleri, I hope they miss. They were in a position to give up a second and help their team get into the playoffs but sold high on Gaborik and did sfa to replace him.

Really hope the teams that lowballed Burke on Cammalleri miss playoffs or flop in first round. That would be sweet karma.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #24
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elite goaltending and top-notch coaching are the classic recipe for a cinderella team. The Blue Jackets may surprise some people.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #25
Money Baer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm actually very jealous of the CBJ's! They have really solid pieces in each department to build contender.

1. Core:
- Johanson
- Murry
- Bobrovsky
- Horton
- Jenner
- Johnson

2. Vets:
- Dubinsky
- Umberger
- Nikitin
- Tytuin
- Wis

3. Prospects:
- Wennberg
- Rychel
- Dansk
- Dano

4. Hockey Operations:
- Davidson
- Kekalainen

All that without including guys like Calvert, Atkinson, etc.

I think this team is built to last and should be a consistent threat/contender in a couple years.
Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #26
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised how quickly they turned it around post Nash. Having said that Bobrofsky turning into an elite goalie, and Johansen stepping up huge this year helps
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue , columbus , jackets , playoffs , win