Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Guns are not the problem. People are the problem.

If guns were outlawed in Texas, criminals would still find a way to get one or they would just use other forms of weapons.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beerfest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #22
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post

If guns were outlawed in Texas, criminals would still find a way to get one or they would just use other forms of weapons.
Great. Thats all well and good, but 5 year olds probably wouldnt still find a way to get one and bring them to school.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
True, but the availability of guns, especially hand guns, is much greater in Texas. With more guns it just increases the probability that something like this will occur. If 1% of gun owners are negligent then more accidents will occur where there are more gun owners.

Heck, even if the gun owners are twice as responsible, if there are 10 times as many of them there will still be more incidents.

Sure...cant disagree with any of that. Just not sure what it has to do with what I said originally?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
puckluck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Guns aren't the problem? Yes they are. Unless of course someone can throw a knife at me as fast as a bullet and kill me instantly from a distance away.

at least with a knife you have a fighting chance even if you are not armed. With a gun you need a gun to defend your self. That's the mentality that has pushed America back with their gun control. Guns are absolutely the problem. Americans think that the next American has a gun so they go out and buy a gun. Now you have a bunch of idiots who can barely tie their shoe laces walking around with guns.
puckluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Great. Thats all well and good, but 5 year olds probably wouldnt still find a way to get one and bring them to school.
Thats likely true, however my point still stands.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #26
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You're right, you'll never stop the committed criminal who is determined to find a way to get one.

But its the reactionary people who do something stupid with a gun they never needed in the first place that are the crimes gun control can prevent.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #27
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator75 View Post
stay classy usa!
lol
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The proper way to deal with this problem, would not be panicing and calling for guns to be banned (cough-puckluck-cough), ...but to suspend the license of this particular gun owner until all the facts are known, or for punishment.

If you leave your loaded guns on the kitchen table, it's hardly little Johnny's fault.
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikey_the_redneck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
And people wonder why the USA is so screwed up. Stories like this don't even surprise me anymore. They sicken me.
It's the kids fault and the parents fault. Who has a weapon loaded and available for a child to get a hold of it. But I guess all Canadian parents should be held up as a model to everyone else right?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #30
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck View Post
Guns aren't the problem? Yes they are. Unless of course someone can throw a knife at me as fast as a bullet and kill me instantly from a distance away.

at least with a knife you have a fighting chance even if you are not armed. With a gun you need a gun to defend your self. That's the mentality that has pushed America back with their gun control. Guns are absolutely the problem. Americans think that the next American has a gun so they go out and buy a gun. Now you have a bunch of idiots who can barely tie their shoe laces walking around with guns.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people.

This man hears a gunshot, goes to grab his gun, a burglar is coming into his house, his family is in the house also.

He shoots and kills the burglar, if he didnt have a gun it could of been him and his family dead.

A robber is with a gun is trying to get into the store. The store owner has a gun and shoots the man, if she didnt have the gun she could of been the one shot/perhaps killed.

Last edited by Beerfest; 04-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beerfest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #31
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

If the other five year olds had been armed they could have protected themselves.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #32
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

How many of these people are illegally carrying a gun? so it wouldn't matter if they were banned he didn't have an issue carrying before whats going to stop him if they're outlawed?

That's like taking all cars off the road because people are killed from drunk drivers.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #33
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

This kid is a cold-blooded killer. Throw the book at him, and then lock him up in a supermax where he can rot in hell for eternity.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #34
puckluck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^^Beerfest

Or it could have been 2 robberies with no one dead. That's the way robberies usually happen. Burglars rarely ever kill their victims.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #35
puckluck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
How many of these people are illegally carrying a gun? so it wouldn't matter if they were banned he didn't have an issue carrying before whats going to stop him if they're outlawed?

That's like taking all cars off the road because people are killed from drunk drivers.
Exact mentality that makes America what it is today. Can't argue with you as you'll never change your mind. More guns equal more problems. Simple as that.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #36
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That school would have been safer if the other kids also had guns with them.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #37
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
^^Beerfest

Or it could have been 2 robberies with no one dead. That's the way robberies usually happen. Burglars rarely ever kill their victims.
They might in the US if they think the home owners may have guns.

So messed up in the US with the gun situation.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #38
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
^^Beerfest

The man heard a gunshot outside his house. Your family is in the house. A robber is coming in through a window, having a gun in your house allows you to protect your family.

Citizens shouldnt be allowed to be tormented by criminals. Criminals will always find ways to get weapons. Allowing citizens to have guns allows them to properly protect themselves and their family.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #39
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^^Beerfest

we will never know; now the world is rid of one worthless pos that tried to rob a family while in their home and the other is probably scared sh*tless that he will never do that again.

Banning guns wont solve anything sorry.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #40
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Exact mentality that makes America what it is today. Can't argue with you as you'll never change your mind. More guns equal more problems. Simple as that.
Less guns = handing over the keys to the criminals.

I dont see why home owners/store clerks etc shouldnt be allowed to properly protect themselves from criminals.

Tags
stupid oilers