Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #301
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
Just got to wtach the games after work. Germany deserved to thrash portugal. Was a bit of a dive by mueller but honestly you see the same thing 10 times a game, the portugese was an idiot for headbutting him and they were out of control all match, one of their defenders bumped the ref after the first penalty and I'm not prude but half the world is watching including tonnes of kids. Be a friggin role model you greasy bad haircut dirtbag.

Also if landycakes donovan gets called up to replace altidore i might have to start cheering against the states.
I dont believe thats possible. Rosters are set.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #302
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont believe thats possible. Rosters are set.
Ah whats the point of the reserve list then?
Matty81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #303
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The world cup has been great but lets all agree... It needs to continue to be free of this guy

Matty81 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #304
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
Ah whats the point of the reserve list then?
injuries before the tournament starts
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #305
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not surprised at all that Germany squashed Portugal. I think Portugal can beat 95% of the teams at the WC but Germany isn't one of them.

Nigeria vs Iran was a waste of time neither team really pressed.

Disappointed that the USA pulled out the late win a tie would have made it near impossible to advance. Son of a...
Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #306
Montana Moe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Montana Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Moe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #307
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Portugal cannot beat 95% of the teams. They are in the bottom class of teams with selfish players.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #308
Trumbull
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
Portugal cannot beat 95% of the teams. They are in the bottom class of teams with selfish players.
No way to argue that after seeing their first Finals game.
Trumbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #309
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
I'm not even going to ask what 95% you're talking about. It doesn't matter because that's a ridiculous statement. They were embarrassing today and deserved to lose by more. But it's one game, just relax. Selfish players? I can accept that argument, don't agree with it though.

But if you honestly believe they can only beat 5% of the 32 teams or the worlds teams, or whatever you were referring to, that's just dumb.

They are in the low end of the second tier teams. They lost to a one of the top 5 teams on the planet. They aren't as good as Germany and everything went wrong. It happens. Two wins against two weaker opponents and they are thru. As exciting and dramatic as USA/Ghana was, I didn't leave thinking that Portugal were in any great danger.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #310
seattleflamer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Amazing result for USMNT finally slaying the Ghanian dragon. Though out possessed, I think that was part tactical based on their historical success on the counter against the States. Also positive that Bradley played so poorly and the US still won.

Troubled about the conditioning headed to Manaus; you know it's bad when even the English looked better.

Last edited by seattleflamer; 06-17-2014 at 01:31 AM.
seattleflamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #311
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Portugal was the only team to give Spain a really hard time in Euro 2012, so there's that.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #312
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Portugal was the only team to give Spain a really hard time in Euro 2012, so there's that.
Not really. Italy played them very well in their first match, which resulted in a 1-1 draw. I would even give the edge of play to the Italians on that one. Obviously though, Spain blew Italy out of the water in the finals, so having a good game against the Spanish isn't really an indication of anything.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #313
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Italians also went from a 3-5-2 in the first game which helped them in the midfield battle against Spain.

Prandelli then decided to go with a 4-3-3 variant in the finals and they got destroyed in the midfield battle, also Cesc playing the false 9 was pretty much so he could disrupt Pirlo deep in the midfield as well.

Still mad at Prandelli for not going back to the 3-5-2 that had worked really well against Spain in the group stage.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #314
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleflamer View Post
Also positive that Bradley played so poorly and the US still won.
I thought it was interesting how ordinary Bradley looked last night. Was it just a bad game or has TSN just over-hyped him?
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #315
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
I thought it was interesting how ordinary Bradley looked last night. Was it just a bad game or has TSN just over-hyped him?
Need you even ask?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #316
littlereddevil
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Correction: Toronto FC is overhyped.
littlereddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #317
seattleflamer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I don't get TSN so I can't answer to that. I do know Bradley is the best and most important player on the USMNT. The offense is designed to run through him as the link up man who makes the correct read and pass. Last night, his reads were uncharacteristically wrong and passes off.

Having said that, Ghana was killing Beasley/Jones on the left side all game long and Bradley's (team's) focus had to be defense to support and stabilize that side.
seattleflamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #318
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Yeah Bradley did not look good at all. He actually didn't look good most of his last match with TFC either.

I noticed as soon as the US scored he was coming back extremely deep, and I'm hoping it was more of a tactical change based on the goal that took him off his game a bit, and that he will still be used as a more pure AM as we were led to believe earlier.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diving , gfg , tears and writhing