Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:
Default Drunken Musings...

Alright, this is NOT FOR CHATTING. This is for random drunken ruminations. You know you want to share. I'll begin.

When did sweatshirts without hoods die? Are they even available anymore? Who led this revolution and how did they keep it quiet?

Why the hell can't I find Manhattan Clam Chowder anywhere? New England style? Oh yeah, you've got 18 different soupy money shot options. But the delicious version? Nope. Not Campbells, not anyone. Just one crappy condensed version.

Again, just post your stupid thoughts or maybe answer a previous question. No chatting, you bunch of chatty Kathys.

Last edited by ResAlien; 10-28-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

What's a rumination??

Mmmm... wild rose raspberry...
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

What happened to all the ashtrays? They used to be everywhere. But I noticed one at the 'dome tonight, right at the top of section 216. It had 10's of burn marks on it. Was being used as a simple garbage can now. Made me think... where did all the other ashtrays go?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
What's a rumination??

Mmmm... wild rose raspberry...
You know how cows chew grass over and over again and turn it over in their stomachs and cycle it around, etc.? They are called Ruminants.

To ruminate is to "turn something over in your mind"

My drunken musing:
This thread is poorly titled. It should be called Rum & Ruminations
Old 10-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
You know how cows chew grass over and over again and turn it over in their stomachs and cycle it around, etc.? They are called Ruminants.

To ruminate is to "turn something over in your mind"

My drunken musing:
This thread is poorly titled. It should be called Rum & Ruminations
Rum sucks. I'll rename it "Whisky and Wondering" should the public outcry be enough.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
What happened to all the ashtrays? They used to be everywhere. But I noticed one at the 'dome tonight, right at the top of section 216. It had 10's of burn marks on it. Was being used as a simple garbage can now. Made me think... where did all the other ashtrays go?
I was at foothills hospital the other day and I remember how the patients used all stand outside the main doors, even in -30 weather with their IVs and in their hospital gowns and in their wheelchairs smoking.

Now the entire property is non-smoking with big giant no-smoking signs painted right onto the ground and warning signs posted everywhere. You can't even smoke in the parking lot. I saw a few staff members trying to smoke secretly around corners or in cubbies like kids used to do in Jr. High.

I remember when I was a kid, I thought ashtrays were so cool. They had those big planters and cans in malls full of that wonderful white sand or white rocks. I loved that sand and those rocks. I would play with it in my hands until my parents yelled at me.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

I remember when it was ok to smoke in the mall. I used to manage Sheffield and Sons in Chinook Centre years ago. We used to stand there and smoke cigars all the time. It was awesome.
By the way...mmmm wine...
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
CrusaderPi
Redundant Minister of Redundancy
Self-Banned

Exp:

I don't know why I am so self destruction when it comes to Mario Kart. Wouldn't I want myself to succeed at a video game? Then why can't I allow myself to win? BTW, I'll destroy anyone here on Mario Kart Wii. You (yes you) aren't fit to carry my Mario Kart jock.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Dammit, answer my question! Why is the deliciousness that is Manhattan Clam Chowder not available!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread has about as much of a chance of surviving as a fetus at a coat hanger convention.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPi View Post
I don't know why I am so self destruction when it comes to Mario Kart. Wouldn't I want myself to succeed at a video game? Then why can't I allow myself to win? BTW, I'll destroy anyone here on Mario Kart Wii. You (yes you) aren't fit to carry my Mario Kart jock.

Never got the hang of the Wii, but I'll destroy you on SNES or N64 Mariokart...! Wanna go?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

When drinking I love this song

Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
CrusaderPi
Self-Banned

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Never got the hang of the Wii, but I'll destroy you on SNES or N64 Mariokart...! Wanna go?
I never played on the 64. But I was, am, and for ever shall be unbeatable on the SNES.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPi View Post
I never played on the 64. But I was, am, and for ever shall be unbeatable on the SNES.
Ooh hoo... Lunchtime - bike racks!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #15
CrusaderPi
Self-Banned

Exp:

Child please. Bring your lunch money too, I'm hungry. I'll be taking that after I'm done taking your dignity.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #16
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
When did sweatshirts without hoods die? Are they even available anymore? Who led this revolution and how did they keep it quiet?
This.
They are still out there.

I don't know your style, but check out karmaloop.com lots of good ones there.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #17
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is with people standing like 30-50 feet away from the bus stop?

Do they live in some sort of bus-nocentric society that they fear shall shun them upon learning that they have no viable method of private transportation?

Do they think that just because they wait for a the bus from a distance that they are somehow better than the rest of their moldy cheesewagon brethren?

If this is the case I feel I have to drive by whilst hanging out the side of my vehicle ridiculing them....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Closed Thread

Tags
7uongo , god i hate this guy , haha , stupid oilers