Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2023, 07:58 PM   #6541
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mama Mia!
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:37 PM   #6542
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

For Japan, not NA for now?

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:32 AM   #6543
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, I remember this.

Old 04-27-2023, 10:52 AM   #6544
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hah. My ex-ex and I used to play versus in that game all the time and she'd constantly beat the crap out of me in it.

I just finally beat the campaign a month or so ago, since it's in the Xbox Backward Compatibility library. A light, fun game.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:58 AM   #6545
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Makes sense. Ultra popular IP and it was a really fun movie.

First theatre movie for my 3 year old and she almost made it through the whole thing without getting restless. That says something..
Old 04-27-2023, 04:08 PM   #6546
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Makes sense. Ultra popular IP and it was a really fun movie.

First theatre movie for my 3 year old and she almost made it through the whole thing without getting restless. That says something..
I really want to take my three year old daughter but she's sensitive to loud noises. Is the movie overly loud (sorry...I know that's a silly question).
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:57 AM   #6547
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

And of course Jedi Survivor reviews have the PC version having poor performance, will wait for some patches I guess.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:55 AM   #6548
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

You aren't kidding, the Steam reviews are shredding it.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:59 AM   #6549
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I really want to take my three year old daughter but she's sensitive to loud noises. Is the movie overly loud (sorry...I know that's a silly question).
It is loud at times, but not too bad. My 4 year old is sensitive too and she covered her ears a few times but made it through ok. We all really enjoyed the movie. Great mix of entertainment for the kids and nostalgic fun for the parents.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:56 PM   #6550
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I didn't find it overly loud honestly. I have been to movies that were way to loud and I know what you mean, but honestly I felt like it was good.

The action scenes are pretty accurate sound effects to the game. Less crash and bang more boing and crush.
Old 04-28-2023, 01:57 PM   #6551
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

As for Survivor, just played through the first 3 hours. It's a great game. Feels a lot like the first but it separates itself as well pretty fast.

It was clunky though. I'm on a PC, a fairly new and at the time top rated build. And there was one scene in particular that was like watching those old side scrolling race tracks at the fair you shoot to knock down. Just clunking forward. I will probably slow play it to wait for some fixes so as not to ruin future scenes.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:51 PM   #6552
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 04-28-2023, 07:30 PM   #6553
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Picked up Survivor for the PS5 today. First time I purchased a game on its launch date since Ragnorak. From what I read it will be a similar experience as GoW and by that I mean if you really liked its predecessor then you will like the sequel. Fallen Order might be my favorite Star Wars game ever made. Excited to carve sometime out this weekend to play it.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:16 AM   #6554
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-01-2023, 08:56 PM   #6555
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, this ain't good. Giant Bomb being brutally blunt.

"We just Redfalled. Alright Dan what do you think, do we even try and finish a mission here or do we just call it? Because I gotta say I gotta free up some hard drive space. Yeah, I think do too. . . this is on gamepass and I still can't recommend people check this out."

What the heck happened to Arkane? Maybe I am still clouded by how much I enjoyed Dishonored. Nevermind their insane in-world mystery party at PAX Prime that one year where we got free drinks and food all night on their own boat tour.
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2023, 11:27 PM   #6556
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, this ain't good. Giant Bomb being brutally blunt.

What the heck happened to Arkane? Maybe I am still clouded by how much I enjoyed Dishonored. Nevermind their insane in-world mystery party at PAX Prime that one year where we got free drinks and food all night on their own boat tour.
Honestly? I think Arkane was forced to meet an artificial timeline.

I loved Dishonoured... now, this is a different Arkane, I believe, with Lyon doing the Dishonoured and Austin doing Redfall.

So Arkane can make good games (Dishonoured/Prey), but this game is apparently a disaster.

MS needs a hit here. Starfield busting would be a massive, massive blow. Do not release games buggy, as it is very tough to comeback from that.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:24 PM   #6557
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

In better news, this series is back.

Heck, I haven't even had a chance to check out the new Master of Magic yet. Slitherine are usually pretty good at these strategy titles.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:29 PM   #6558
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Honestly? I think Arkane was forced to meet an artificial timeline.

I loved Dishonoured... now, this is a different Arkane, I believe, with Lyon doing the Dishonoured and Austin doing Redfall.

So Arkane can make good games (Dishonoured/Prey), but this game is apparently a disaster.

MS needs a hit here. Starfield busting would be a massive, massive blow. Do not release games buggy, as it is very tough to comeback from that.
Yeah, I didn't think of the different parts of Arkane. Good point. I'm surprised they let this release like this given that they are 1st party.

But this post didn't age well and seems pretty worrisome.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1524721132720566272
Old 05-02-2023, 11:13 PM   #6559
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think of the different parts of Arkane. Good point. I'm surprised they let this release like this given that they are 1st party.

WOTS was that Microsoft wanted/needed it released before their year end or something like that... not sure if its true, but I think Gamepass needed some kind of content.

Delays are preferable to buggy releases...No way Arkane didn't know this was buggy, just like Respawn and Jedi: Survivor.

Technology giving devs the opportunity to patch has allowed them to meet shipping dates, but its gone from minor patches to fixing major issues. Some of the videos being posted are laughably bad.

Games can come back - Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky have been able to comeback from the dead. Days Gone ended up selling well, but reviews were not good and Sony isn't greenlighting a sequel (so far) based on this - it isn't based on sales, as it actually did well especially for a new IP

MS had the ability to press pause. They didn't. Hopefully they learn a lesson with Starfield. Release that game buggy would be a PR disaster...and Bethesda isn't exactly know for non-buggy releases.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 01:11 AM   #6560
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1524721132720566272
I don't mind this, as long as they don't Todd Howard a Fallout 76.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote