Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #641
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I wasn't forgetting what happened. I have no idea you are arguing here.

Okay here's what happened. Montreal punted the ball. Winnipeg caught it and he figured he is not going anywhere and saw another Bombers player so he did a lateral pass. That Bombers player punted the ball back with one other Bomber was onside. They are hoping that guy who would have recover the ball and bring it home. Montreal player caught it. To me he could have just run the ball or go down there. What this guy did is the one I am questioning.... why would he punt it back??? He is lucky the Bombers player caught it instead of sailing to the end zone. If that ball sailed to the end zone, Bombers would have scored a single point and Montreal loses by 1. O'Shea was ticked off because that Bomber player was about to kick the ball again (actually I can't even remember if the ball got kicked again). There was no need for the Als player to kick that ball again. It was a stupid thing to do. The game was tied with less than a minute left.

I see your question regarding the first Bombers punt it was not necessary but I think they were trying some trickery play and trying for that guy(I think it was Flanders or something) that was onside to recover the ball and hopefully go all the way and get the ball to FG range with a few seconds left. He was not punting it back to score a single. I wouldn't mind that play at all. If it works perhaps they win without playing OT.
Montreal would of got the point had it went thru the end zone
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Potato Standing By For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 08:47 AM   #642
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thanks for keeping the 1st place seat warm Eskies. Now its time for you to step aside, and we will help you with that in early September.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #643
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethrynn View Post
Montreal would of got the point had it went thru the end zone
True. What was I thinking? Brain-fart.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #644
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's literally an orgy on riderfans right now with people sucking each other off in celebration and hysteria. They really think their 4-4 team is now odds on favourites to win the Cup and they have "arrived".

It's quite charming. ####ing hillbillies and their cousin ####ing and tractor pulling. I can't wait to see that place implode after Labour Day when the Bombers slap them in the face.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #645
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really don't understand why Wally keeps Jennings out there, he is a turnover machine, get Lulay in there now.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #646
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why do I hate the Riders? Is it because of their puke green ugly jerseys? No. Is it because they play in a **** hole province? Not really. I don't have to go there. Is it because they've won 4 cups in 100 years? No that's hilarious. Is it because their team name is also the name of a popular brand of condom? Also funny.

I hate them because since the mid 2000's when that loser franchise had a small taste of success their obnoxious, beer swilling, toothless, cousin *******, uneducated, sweat pants with good shoes wearing, racist, inbred, penis breath fans became the most insufferable brand of malcontents in the sporting world. They make Raider fans look classy and put together. This team has just come off 2 horrible years with a handful of wins between both seasons, and has now JUST pulled themselves to a .500 record. And yet look at all the beaking their fans are doing. It's incredible. It's actually astonishing how tone deaf they can be, and the lack of self awareness is so pervasive.

The Bombers are 17-5 since Nichols took over last summer and most fans including myself are still very cautious and careful not to count chickens before they hatch. Yet these mongrels are breaking their necks to start erecting Chris Jones statues in that outhouse of a city called Regina.

I hope the Bombers beat the Riders by 400 points and Chris Jones rides off on his ******* motercycle during the 3 minute warning back to Tennessee and settles in a nice little cottage on ol' Rocky Top. What a prick. Him and his garbage fans deserve each other.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #647
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you trying to say Saskatchewan is no good?
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #648
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was 31-3 Ottawa, now it's 31-24 Ottawa with a little over 2 minutes remaining.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #649
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harris wtf was that ? You trying to lose?

Old 08-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #650
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ottawa chocking this game away.

Jermaiah Johnson's dance when he made it 31-10 was ridiculous but I guess he was onto something.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #651
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh my, Lulay channels his inner Harris.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #652
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still time left. They need a first down to kill it.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #653
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Figures, finally pick the other team to win against Ottawa and they finally won.

BC is really struggling now and so as Jennings. No doubt Wally Buono will start Travis Lulay next game. He has to.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:36 AM   #654
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Why do I hate the Riders? Is it because they play in a **** hole province?.
Don't you live in Manitoba?
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #655
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@CFL_News:
Seems abundantly clear some players are frustrated w/ play-calling of offensive coordinator Khari Jones lately. - @FifthQtr #CFL #BCLions

Rainey was incredulous & wasn’t alone among members of the offence, when #BCLions couldn’t convert on a 2nd-and-short play - @FifthQtr #CFL

“It felt like the damn Seahawks in the damn Super Bowl” - @crainey3 #CFL #BCLions via @FifthQtr

"Give your playmakers, who make plays in practice day in, day out, the ball in the games. It’s that simple” - @crainey3 #CFL #BCLions

"This is ridiculous right now. I can’t take no more of this; no more.” - @crainey3 #CFL #BCLions via @FifthQtr

"When I look at film it’s never effort.” - Jeremiah Johnson. That shifts the focus to coaching once more. - @FifthQtr #CFL #BCLions

Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #656
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Why do I hate the Riders? Is it because of their puke green ugly jerseys? No. Is it because they play in a **** hole province? Not really. I don't have to go there. Is it because they've won 4 cups in 100 years? No that's hilarious. Is it because their team name is also the name of a popular brand of condom? Also funny.

I hate them because since the mid 2000's when that loser franchise had a small taste of success their obnoxious, beer swilling, toothless, cousin *******, uneducated, sweat pants with good shoes wearing, racist, inbred, penis breath fans became the most insufferable brand of malcontents in the sporting world. They make Raider fans look classy and put together. This team has just come off 2 horrible years with a handful of wins between both seasons, and has now JUST pulled themselves to a .500 record. And yet look at all the beaking their fans are doing. It's incredible. It's actually astonishing how tone deaf they can be, and the lack of self awareness is so pervasive.

The Bombers are 17-5 since Nichols took over last summer and most fans including myself are still very cautious and careful not to count chickens before they hatch. Yet these mongrels are breaking their necks to start erecting Chris Jones statues in that outhouse of a city called Regina.

I hope the Bombers beat the Riders by 400 points and Chris Jones rides off on his ******* motercycle during the 3 minute warning back to Tennessee and settles in a nice little cottage on ol' Rocky Top. What a prick. Him and his garbage fans deserve each other.
Wow. Next time don't hold back; tell us what you really think.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #657
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disgusting. Briles is a ####ing piece of ####.

Ticats:
The #Ticats have added Art Briles to the team's coaching staff as Assistant Head Coach Offence.

DETAILS > https://t.co/DveqPBdxpi https://t.co/zctXJrhk9k

Old 08-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #658
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Disgusting. Briles is a ####ing piece of ####.

Ticats:
The #Ticats have added Art Briles to the team's coaching staff as Assistant Head Coach Offence.

DETAILS > https://t.co/DveqPBdxpi https://t.co/zctXJrhk9k
Certainly the Ti-Cats could have found someone else that doesn't have the type of controversial baggage that Briles has.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #659
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Briles and June Jones certainly know a lot about football. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Now Briles' actions (or more specifically, lack thereof) at Baylor speak for themselves. I can only hope he is interested in contrition.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:26 PM   #660
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow -- Ambrosie not messing around. Briles will not be joining the Ticats after a "lengthy" discussion between the league and the team.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/28/cfl-ti...ng-art-briles/
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post: