Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2018, 02:16 AM   #21
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Very nice article about 68 from Karel Knap, famous Czech hockey journalist.

https://translate.google.com/transla...par&edit-text=
calgaryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 04:50 AM   #22
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And another today“s article. Interview with Josef Jandac, Czech national hockey team head coach. Almost the whole interview is about 68“s situation. It looks like 68 is really injured and Jagr told Jandac, that he is not going to Europe as of now. Jandac made a phone call with him on Monday. Really interesting interview. Check it out

https://translate.google.com/transla...cig&edit-text=
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to calgaryboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2018, 01:14 AM   #23
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Interesting article about 68, mentioning some upcoming "major anouncement" from Flames today. It looks like his days in Calgary are maybe NOT over...

https://translate.google.cz/translat...tml&edit-text=
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to calgaryboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2018, 02:53 AM   #24
Svartsengi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryboy View Post
Interesting article about 68, mentioning some upcoming "major anouncement" from Flames today. It looks like his days in Calgary are maybe NOT over...

https://translate.google.cz/translat...tml&edit-text=
If what is written in that article is true I think it is a good thing. Playing in Kladno till February 24 will allow Jagr to get in game shape. If Jagr's injuries continue Treliving will know he needs to add an extra forward before trade deadline on February 26.
Svartsengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 AM   #25
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Agree that it makes sense. We will see. Interesting info I guess.......
Old 01-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #26
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can he play in another league while under the contact during the season with the Flames? If so, does he have to pass through waivers before be able to join the rejoin the Flames?
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #27
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Can he play in another league while under the contact during the season with the Flames? If so, does he have to pass through waivers before be able to join the rejoin the Flames?
My understanding is that he would have to clear waivers to be assigned to Europe.

Otherwise teams could freely hide players in Europe instead of exposing them to waivers.

I also believe the Flames will have to continue to pay him fully in order to be able to recall him.

Assignment to Kladano makes some sense as he would get lots of ice time to get back in shape. It is also conceivable he would easily clear waivers as there appears to be little trade interest according to reports.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #28
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Jagr will be out of record. Against Kings he did not skip and Howe did not overcome"

well that clears it all up
Old 01-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #29
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's worth the waivers if he can get to a good place with his conditioning and overall game. Given how long it took for a team to sign him and the question marks with health and age, I doubt we'll have to worry about a claim.

Score some goals over there and feel good, then come back and replace some of the dead weight down the lineup in time for a push.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #30
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Flames are more or less done with Jagr and this basically solves that problem.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #31
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary is 9 games above .500

Calgary with Jagr is 2 games under .500

I think the ship has sailed...although if he was in game shape why not bring him in for a game. I just don't see it though
Old 01-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #32
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Calgary is 9 games above .500

Calgary with Jagr is 2 games under .500

I think the ship has sailed...although if he was in game shape why not bring him in for a game. I just don't see it though
We are 1 game over .500.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #33
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumby Lager View Post
We are 1 game over .500.
No we are not

We have the point equivalent of being 29-20 do the math. The nhl is a points system not W-L. You would be correct if there was no such thing as loser points.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #34
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumby Lager View Post
We are 1 game over .500.
If you want to be pedantic at lest present all the data. The post was a comparison between the record with Jagr and the record without. You failed to provide that information.

So what was our win loss record with and without Jagr relative to your version of 500
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #35
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
No we are not

We have the point equivalent of being 29-20 do the math. The nhl is a points system not W-L. You would be correct if there was no such thing as loser points.
I have always thought of it as wins and losses when discussing above or below 500. That is why the NHL has a point percentage column in the standings and they have a points column.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #36
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh good, we’re doing this again!
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RT14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #37
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

See you in a month then JJ. Get heathy, get in shape and get that swagger back. All hands of deck for the final push and his last playoff appearance.
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2018, 06:45 AM   #38
calgaryboy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hello guys!

Huge Jagr mania in CR now. 68 just released his statement on his FB. Knee is a big problem.

Used a google translate for his words, not enough time to translate it by myself. Hope you will understand the meritum of things....

..............and btw......please somebody tell me that last night /3am for me/ did not happen, that it was just a bad, intense dream.....still unbelievably crushed...........The worst loss in a long long time........ruined my whole day.......

statement of 68:
----------------
Hello my hockey family,
here I'm sending a photo. It's still from the plane, but I'm already home. So it is a message for some journalists who are still at the airport to be able to go home ... And they can tell the others. I apologize to them for using another gate, but I have nothing to say to them.
But the main reason I am writing on the FCB is that I want to inform my fans and people who want to go see hockey for their next steps. What do I plan to avoid being disappointed ... Many of them do not know how things are, so I want to explain a little.
There was a crazy fool that I did not expect. Anyway, I thank everyone for interest. But I want those who already bought or thought about it to know what it looks like to me. This afternoon I will go to Professor Kolar, because it is now the most important thing for me to find out how I am. How I will heal and how long it will last. The problem is that more than two months ago I started to bend my knee. I did not just want to wait for what was going on, so I was playing on, just letting out of the water. But maybe it's getting worse. The problem is that my leg will always undercut at a certain angle, my muscle will turn off. Which is stupid especially for me when I had a game based on personal duels. So now I want to see Pavel Kolar.
I still believe I will come together in some way before the WSM League starts playing play off. It's a little uncomfortable now for me because of the rules I have to play fifteen matches. That's why I'm writing to you now, my fans. Nowhere is it written exactly how many minutes I have to play, so I want you to know that it can happen when I can not play more that I will start from the beginning for just two turns. Because I was not a month on ice, I was just one day to slip. So I can not say how I'm going to do it in the future. And I do not want people to be upset to buy a ticket to an old grandfather and see how he'll be belhat ... Because the main reason I have to jump in is to have the match played ...
That's why I'm writing it here. To know what my plan is. But of course, everything can change from day to day.
Thank you for your understanding. I believe that I will know much more tomorrow at a press conference in Kladno tomorrow, because with Professor Kolįř we will definitely think of a plan to continue. That we are going to some better way that I will inform you and the journalists.

---------------------

Greetings from Czech republic!

Go Flames forever!!!!!!

Last edited by calgaryboy; 01-31-2018 at 06:56 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calgaryboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM   #39
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love the candor shown by Jagr here. It is nice to see him spell it out so as not to become a cash grab. Being owner / part owner? of the team he has the authority to be clear about his intentions. He really is all class and is playing for the love of the game. I like to see how one of the greatest players of all time has respect for the fans.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chingas For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #40
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej...-k-hokeji.html

Very wide ranging presser after his first practice. Again, as mentioned here when he interviewed after hours, he's much more comfortable speaking Czech then English, which is probably why so forthright.

Some interesting tidbits in there.