Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #141
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I'm hoping someone has the ability to transfer the game to their computer then to Google Drive or something.

I have the ESPN broadcast in SD from the Greatest Flames Games DVD set, but my CBC broadcast is a crappy VHS transfer from back then.
To this day, I don't understand why some genius screwed that set up by using the ESPN version instead of the CBC one. It is the CBC version on every other game in that set, so why the change for that game??
Old 03-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #142
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pixies were at Mac Hall at the same time. The concert ended around the time O/T started, and many people rushed over to the Den for the end of the game.

Pixies sold a live CD of the show, and Lovering says at one point, “how about those Flames.”
I remember being so conflicted about that, and realized I suppose that you couldn't make a right (or wrong) decision, but ended up not going to that show...
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #143
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
My parents were so disgusted with the tying goal that they got ready and went to bed. Me and my sister stayed up to continue watching of course.

As my mom tells it, they were in the middle of their evening prayer when they heard us going ballistic and they both jumped up and ran down the stairs to join the celebration.
my wife did sort of the same, we had 2 kids under 3 at the time and we were chronically tired. after the regulation ended she was like "I'm out"...I think was a bit surprised I was up getting into bed before too long. was able to tell her briefly that the Canucks had won, but couldn't keep the charade up for more than a minute or two
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #144
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I didn't see the goal live...I was watching the game with buds up on Signal Hill. When the Canucks tied it I quietly got on my coat and left. My friends asked me what I was doing and I said "I've seen this before, and I can't handle seeing it again".
I drove home with the radio off, and when I hit 17th ave and 4th Street, some Flames fans started to run out to the street - at this point there was no Red Mile. At first I was confused, because the idea that the Flames might have won, just didn't seem possible. But I turned on the radio to hear that indeed they had.
It's not the first time I missed an OT goal. I also didn't watch game 7 overtime when Otto scored.

I did make it up by seeing Gelinas eliminate Detroit live at the Dome.

It still pisses me off when I see that jersey hit the ice, Iggy get his stick chopped, and then trip over it - just an abomination of officiating.

You and I were in the same headspace after Matt Cooke tied it. The 90s into the 2000s were a difficult time for Calgary sports fans. The constant OT/ late game playoff dick punches were increasingly painful every year:

Mike Krushelnyski, Esa Tikkanen, Doug Flutie’s hands freezing off in 1993, McManus to Darren Flutie in 1994, Pavel Bure, Ray Whitney, Joe Murphy, seven years of young guns, and at that moment I was convinced Matt Cooke was going to score a hat trick goal to administer the biggest punch yet.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:44 AM   #145
EastCoastFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
You and I were in the same headspace after Matt Cooke tied it. The 90s into the 2000s were a difficult time for Calgary sports fans. The constant OT/ late game playoff dick punches were increasingly painful every year:

Mike Krushelnyski, Esa Tikkanen, Doug Flutie’s hands freezing off in 1993, McManus to Darren Flutie in 1994, Pavel Bure, Ray Whitney, Joe Murphy, seven years of young guns, and at that moment I was convinced Matt Cooke was going to score a hat trick goal to administer the biggest punch yet.
Yep. This 100 percent. I was a Junior in HS in Florida for Spring Break with my family during this game. It was late on the east coast (I think it was either a 9:30 or 10pm ET start time) so when Cooke tied it, it must have been 12:30-1am and it just felt so defeating. I have this weird memory of watching the pre overtime intermission and I think Berry Melrose did some closing thoughts and was still convinced the Flames were going to win banking on the momentum of the expired PP time. Can anyone else confirm that? I'm sure most of you were watching the CBC broadcast. Anyway, I stuck with it and thankfully Iggy ended it quickly. I was so pumped up--I honestly didn't even care if we won the next round (HA!), I was just so happy we finally got over the 1st round curse.

That was a great time in my life. I had just gotten my licence and was getting ready to head into the summer of my final year in high school. Had a smokin' hot girl friend at the time as well
EastCoastFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EastCoastFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #146
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I didn't see the goal live...I was watching the game with buds up on Signal Hill. When the Canucks tied it I quietly got on my coat and left. My friends asked me what I was doing and I said "I've seen this before, and I can't handle seeing it again".
I drove home with the radio off, and when I hit 17th ave and 4th Street, some Flames fans started to run out to the street - at this point there was no Red Mile. At first I was confused, because the idea that the Flames might have won, just didn't seem possible. But I turned on the radio to hear that indeed they had.
It's not the first time I missed an OT goal. I also didn't watch game 7 overtime when Otto scored.

I did make it up by seeing Gelinas eliminate Detroit live at the Dome.

It still pisses me off when I see that jersey hit the ice, Iggy get his stick chopped, and then trip over it - just an abomination of officiating.
I saw the Canucks tie the game at The Den. I was so disgusted, I thought the fix was in. Left the bar, later heard horns honking, and turned on the radio to hear the Flames won. Went to another pub on the way home.

I could not watch the end of the 1986 game after Steve Smith "scored". I had to go outside.

Last edited by troutman; 03-30-2020 at 11:54 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #147
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have watched this game everyday for the last 3 days. I throw it on while working out in the basement and it has been a treat to watch. This was the series that made me an instant fanatic of the team. I was at the game 6 comeback and lose and when the Canucks tied game 7 I was convinced we were done.

Iginla was such a beast in this game
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote