Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #13901
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I just don't see the appeal of Reinhart. His skating is not great so unless Monahan is going the other way, I'm not interested in adding another top 6 forward who doesn't move well.

The family also has a rocky relationship with the organization. I'm not sure the Flames get a hometown discount on a long term contract. He wants to play in Vancouver, his hometown. The report is he wants to go to the "Westcoast", Calgary is not "Westcoast".

I'd only acquire Reinhart if I were to flip him for JT Miller, who I think is a much better player, faster, stronger, grittier. Also buds with Gaudreau from their WJC Gold medal win together as linemates. There's less control on his contract so I'd expect a bit more from Vancouver.

If you could flip Monahan (plus or not?) for Reinhart and then flip Reinhart for Miller (plus or not?), I think that might make sense for all teams involved.

Buffalo apparently has some interest in Monahan;
Reinhart and Vancouver have mutual interest;
Miller apparently isn't happy in Vancouver and the Flames get a bit faster and grittier in the top 6.

I think a top 6 of Gaudreau, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Miller, Mangiapane is a competitive group. Miller can play some centre and did with Gaudreau at the WJC, that gives you two good lines with speed and skill and enough grit.

Gaudreau-Miller-Dube
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane

Maybe try and acquire a legitimate top 6 RW and push Dube down to the third line with Lucic and Backlund.
I like the idea of adding Miller, he checks a lot of boxes, but I can’t see the Canucks trading him to Calgary.

Has it been reported Buffalo is interested in Monahan, or just speculated? Can’t imagine Monahan agreeing to go there.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #13902
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post

Has it been reported Buffalo is interested in Monahan, or just speculated? Can’t imagine Monahan agreeing to go there.
Apparently 3 years ago or so, when he was scoring. I doubt they feel quite the same way today.

Get Monny healthy and productive, that might change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #13903
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come on folks, Eichel is going to Montreal straight up for Danault. Some things fan bloggers write is just embarrassing.
https://awinninghabit.com/2021/06/18...ck-eichel/amp/
Old 06-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #13904
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

FanSided is quite the site.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #13905
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Now reports of Chicago in on Eichel. I think the only way we get him is if we give up Chucky, which I'd be ok with if there's pretty strong feeling that Eichel will be good after surgery.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:45 PM   #13906
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Now reports of Chicago in on Eichel. I think the only way we get him is if we give up Chucky, which I'd be ok with if there's pretty strong feeling that Eichel will be good after surgery.
If I am Sabres I am asking for DeBrincat
Old 06-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #13907
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've asked this a dozen times and nobody ever answers: what is BUF doing with Tkachuk long term? Do they give him the Skinner contract? What if even that isn't enough to convince him to stay?
Old 06-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #13908
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I've asked this a dozen times and nobody ever answers: what is BUF doing with Tkachuk long term? Do they give him the Skinner contract? What if even that isn't enough to convince him to stay?
Tkachuk would probably accept the $9 mill QO and then go UFA the next year. This was the primary consideration that he bargained for.
He'd be a UFA at 25 and then get a huge contract just in time for the end of the flat cap era.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #13909
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They have 2 years to convince him, if they can't, trade him. same if he stays here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #13910
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Tkachuk would probably accept the $9 mill QO and then go UFA the next year. This was the primary consideration that he bargained for.
He'd be a UFA at 25 and then get a huge contract just in time for the end of the flat cap era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
They have 2 years to convince him, if they can't, trade him. same if he stays here.
So...not a particularly attractive trade asset for a team that is definitely more than 2 years away from competing...

I suspect BUF would prefer:
1. Young established star with term (your search did not match any available assets)
2. High upside players/prospects (Morgan Frost, Valimaki, Byfield, Kakko as a few random examples)
3. Draft picks
4. Limited term players...except maybe for salary cap reasons and to flip at the TDL
Old 06-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #13911
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
If I am Sabres I am asking for DeBrincat

I think it is Dach they would target.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #13912
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Come on folks, Eichel is going to Montreal straight up for Danault. Some things fan bloggers write is just embarrassing.
https://awinninghabit.com/2021/06/18...ck-eichel/amp/

There was no suggestion that it would be a trade for Danault. Eichel would simply be replacing the UFA Denault.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:00 PM   #13913
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Unless Toews stays on IR, how does Chicago even afford Eichel?
Old 06-19-2021, 08:03 PM   #13914
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
There was no suggestion that it would be a trade for Danault. Eichel would simply be replacing the UFA Denault.

So he can mentor all their good young players they don't have to send in the trade to Buffalo. It is a ridiculous notion.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:44 PM   #13915
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

on HNIC Friedman said the Coyotes are trying to trade OEL again.

last time OEL gave ARI only two teams he was willing to go to (BOS, VAN)

this time OEL has told the Coyotes to go to the full market and bring back deal(s) to him and then he will decide if he wants go there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 08:54 PM   #13916
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Unless Toews stays on IR, how does Chicago even afford Eichel?
Assuming Toews and Shaw are back (but not Seabrook) they have 13M cap space with a full 23 man roster already signed.

They have a number of RFA's who will earn a bit more than some of those guys, but nothing crazy...with all of them signed it probably works out to ~9M cap space. So assuming they send any salary back, it's fine, and they shed plenty of AAV in the coming years.

I'd imagine at least one of D Strome/Dach/Debrincat would go back, as well as a young RD (Boqvist or Ian Mitchell). It seems CHI has plenty of other young guys on the verge of becoming full time NHLers, too.

Something around
Boqvist 20+Strome 24+Subban/Delia++
Dach 20+Mitchell 22+Subban/Delia++
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #13917
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
on HNIC Friedman said the Coyotes are trying to trade OEL again.

last time OEL gave ARI only two teams he was willing to go to (BOS, VAN)

this time OEL has told the Coyotes to go to the full market and bring back deal(s) to him and then he will decide if he wants go there.
Yeah that sounds like it will go just dandy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 09:03 PM   #13918
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
So...not a particularly attractive trade asset for a team that is definitely more than 2 years away from competing...

I suspect BUF would prefer:
1. Young established star with term (your search did not match any available assets)
2. High upside players/prospects (Morgan Frost, Valimaki, Byfield, Kakko as a few random examples)
3. Draft picks
4. Limited term players...except maybe for salary cap reasons and to flip at the TDL
Sometimes the options you want aren’t available and you should be looking for the most value you can get. Columbus is probably going to do the same thing with Laine. They would have liked a long term high end piece for Dubois, but it wasn’t available. Laine was.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #13919
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Stay miles away from OEL unless the Yotes are packaging Chychrun with him.

Old 06-19-2021, 10:37 PM   #13920
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Stay miles away from OEL unless the Yotes are packaging Chychrun with him.
Don’t you worry.

Giordano to Seattle.

OEL to Calgary.

#nailedit
Closed Thread