Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #61
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bought this Maurice Lacroix in July

and then just picked up this Hublot a couple weeks ago.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #62
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
I bought this Maurice Lacroix in July

and then just picked up this Hublot a couple weeks ago.

Nice pair. I especially like the blue one. Blue always seems to look elegant with any watch.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #63
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
That's why I look at those auctions; I'm hoping to get a bargain.

No luck so far, but maybe I should look elsewhere. the last auction I was at, a guy dropped over $200K on assorted things.

A friend of mine was telling me a few weeks ago about police auctions and getting the lower end Rolex's for $700 and whatnot. My experience with police auctions (with cars atleast), is that they are a scam. I don't know about smaller items like jewellery, but big ticket items such as cars, are just a load of crap.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #64
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
A friend of mine was telling me a few weeks ago about police auctions and getting the lower end Rolex's for $700 and whatnot. My experience with police auctions (with cars atleast), is that they are a scam. I don't know about smaller items like jewellery, but big ticket items such as cars, are just a load of crap.
The Federal Auction are supposed to be from Bank seisures, foreclosures, and so on. There was a Rolex that went for huge money (fully diamond studded. Not my cup o' tea). There was one watch I was interested in. No one reqested it be put up for bid (they only auction the items people request). Closer to the end, the auctioneer said if there were any items that hadn't been put up for bid yet, to request them. Since many people had already left and this item hadn't been requested yet, I asked for it and hoped there wasn't a reserve on it (some things did, some didn't). When the watch finally went up, first bid was my max bid, and it went up from there. C'est la vie.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #65
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Longsuffering...taht hublot has flyback feature...that must have cost a fortune! Wow, very nice.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:58 PM   #66
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

One on the far left. Of course, I never have worn the watch for more than 3 hours total... or any watch for that matter. Just not a watch guy.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #67
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
My watch:

Accoring to the specs I found on amazon the band is supposedly rubber, but that is not so, it is all metal.
Buff that's the same watch i used to wear, and would still be wearing if i hadn't have gotten this one for christmas

i miss having the digital date readout, but the size and weight of the Timex make up for it. i'd still like to find a nice light, good looking watch that had month and day on it

Last edited by Hemi-Cuda; 09-15-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:01 PM   #68
White Doors
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nice. I'm no watch snob, but I really like the look of this one. I am not a fan of the gold watches. I have a nice Seiko, but I grew out of the gold colour gold, but I REALLY like this one. How much??
White Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #69
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Doors View Post

nice. I'm no watch snob, but I really like the look of this one. I am not a fan of the gold watches. I have a nice Seiko, but I grew out of the gold colour gold, but I REALLY like this one. How much??
Maurice Lacroix is just like any luxury line watch. You're looking at atleast $3k-$4k. I would assume this one is around $3k if it is solid 18k rose gold.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #70
White Doors
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nice, But not THAT nice! At least not until I get the investments topped up.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #71
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Erf, i won't post links or pis, but I have a Citizen Eco-Drive stainless steel kind, very Bling actually and my bf has the square fossil one on page one that W_P has. A sey watch really can make a man, in my opinion, doesn't have to be expensive even, just right for the person. I figure even when I dress like a slob, I can save face and be a handsome fella just with a nice watch.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #72
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Actually just the bezel is (rose) gold. Besides the retrograde date complication, the other cool thing about this watch is that the dial is sterling silver.

TheyCallMeBruce was in ballpark on the (discounted) price. Watch nuts have a pretty good network, so I was able to pick up this own in 'like new' condition for less than half the retail.

Watches are my major vice. I've waaayyyy too many of them.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #73
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
Longsuffering...taht hublot has flyback feature...that must have cost a fortune! Wow, very nice.
Thanks TCMB! That's a big compliment coming from you. You've got some incredible watches yourself.

There is such a great secondary market for watches, I refuse to pay retail. If you choose the seller carefully, the risk is minimal.

I bought the Flyback from a very well do to collector who is well known for wearing a watch for a couple months then selling it and moving on to the next one.

The Super B retails for $7100 US, but I got this one for $3100, like new as well.

If you're into watches you might want to check out timezone.com. It's wear the watch nuts hang out. You'll see some watches they that blow your mind, but what's nice about that site is that they appreciate Seikos and Citizens as much as PAMs, Rolex, PP, AP, etc.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #74
White Doors
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hi,

I got a watch here that my wife was given by her Mother.. which was originally from her father.. Needless to say, it's old. Many diamonds and it's platinum.. The brand name is Libana under the '12'. Under (above the '6') that it says "21 jewels incabloc'

Any ideas on what it is? What it's worth? The history behind this type of watch?

thanks for any insight!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #75
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

my watch: eco drive stiletto

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #76
shoestring
First Line Centre

Exp:

I never had a good watch,my $29.95 blue faced Timex lasted 25 some odd years, and others that I collected were never used.
( I had a digital given to me that I put in my bottom drawer that I couldn't turn off when it beeped at four every morning. Luckily a much younger gal heard it and fixed it so I never heard it again.)

I quit wearing them when I started my own business because there isn't enough time.

Great watches though! I might buy one again.
Daily, I keep starting projects that I run out time for and it appears that I have no time management skills, , so I have to learn to "watch the clock" .

Anybody want to sell one of their great watches ? I gotta a hundred bucks or so and I will buy the beer and I will give you some ideas for your business, gratis.
shoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #77
MagicallyAdept
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have a Jacob and Co JC-11 watch. It is like a clock on my wrist but i really like it.

Last edited by MagicallyAdept; 09-18-2006 at 08:16 AM.
MagicallyAdept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #78
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Hi,

I got a watch here that my wife was given by her Mother.. which was originally from her father.. Needless to say, it's old. Many diamonds and it's platinum.. The brand name is Libana under the '12'. Under (above the '6') that it says "21 jewels incabloc'

Any ideas on what it is? What it's worth? The history behind this type of watch?

thanks for any insight!
Do you have a picture of it? I have some friends that might be able to identify it for you and tell you it's worth
Old 09-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #79
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Jesus that thing is gaudy! Are you a shipping company for girls?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #80
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bought a new watch yesterday so i tought i would dig this old thread up.. Anyone esle have anything new?

My newest, should be here in about a week. Unfortunatly i don't have a big budget for watches but man do i love them.. I could spend a fortune.

Nixon 51-30
51mm case.. it is huge.. I bought the white face with the Braclet and ordered a black rubber strap as well.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote