Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #21
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyntangs View Post
You can always cancel after. You could cancel later into Summer and they'd refund you your money. In case you did want to stay and see how the off season unfolds.
Is it a full refund? I was left with the impression it was a credit for future events (i.e. single game ticket purchases)
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:57 PM   #22
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
For me in the PL 1st row it did go up close to 9%, but that is based on 21-22 only having 2 preseason games. I expect at least 4 for 22-23. So it looks like $1.54 increase a game for the pair of tickets. I think that is completely reasonable.
Unless I’m mistaken, I thought there were 4 home preseason games this year. So for me (row 2) it worked out to an increase of exactly $5 per seat per game based on 45 games (41+4).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:59 PM   #23
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

there are 45 games every year - at least for the last 5 to 10
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:45 PM   #24
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe people want to cancel after the 2nd best season in franchise history, that performance and on ice entertainment is worth a 10% increase. I could see cancelling if they were playing like the 99-2000 season and the price increased.
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #25
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
I can't believe people want to cancel after the 2nd best season in franchise history, that performance and on ice entertainment is worth a 10% increase. I could see cancelling if they were playing like the 99-2000 season and the price increased.
So by that logic there should have been rebates in a few recent seasons. Miss the playoffs - rebate, get chased in 4 - rebate.

My guess is we're going to see these larger increases going forward until the new stadium is ready so as not to shock the hell out of everyone when that season's renewal comes out.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #26
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
there are 45 games every year - at least for the last 5 to 10
I was paying for 45 games when I bought season tickets 20 years ago.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #27
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I see the increase as having three rationalizations

1) huge covid related losses to be recouped

2) Calgary is booming again after a seven year recession and below average price increases over most of that period need to be made up for

3) inflation

With regards to inflation, I don't really like the increase, but it was obvious there was going to be concequences to "money printer go brrr". The bill has come due for the "free money" that back stopped CERB, corporate bailouts and host of other policy responses. There's no free lunch.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 05:56 PM   #28
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Unless I’m mistaken, I thought there were 4 home preseason games this year. So for me (row 2) it worked out to an increase of exactly $5 per seat per game based on 45 games (41+4).
I'll have to double check, but I think you may be right that I mis-counted the pre-season games. I forgot the season started later.

Looking like I forgot to add the taxes and fees, so it jumps 7.50 for the pair each game.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:56 PM   #29
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
So by that logic there should have been rebates in a few recent seasons. Miss the playoffs - rebate, get chased in 4 - rebate.

My guess is we're going to see these larger increases going forward until the new stadium is ready so as not to shock the hell out of everyone when that season's renewal comes out.
I'm very happy with the performance and direction of this team and I will support them. People pay $11 a pop for several cups of heroin beer, but are offended by a 10% ticket increase lol
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:42 PM   #30
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm very happy with the performance and direction of this team and I will support them. People pay $11 a pop for several cups of heroin beer, but are offended by a 10% ticket increase lol
People have reasons for canceling.

Here are mine

1. Moved to the burbs last year going to games is more difficult now
2. Parking near the Dome is significantly worse with the BMO expansion
3. Resale of tickets has been difficult in both division winning seasons
4. My ticket partner from day 1 has informed me he wanted out
5. I have an 85 inch TV and enjoy watching games from the comfort of my own home
6. I can get good seats for a fair price for basically any regular season game through this site or other means. I like weekend games
7. Forcing me to pay full price for 4 of the 6 games during the brutal Covid restrictions where you could t even get a bottle of water if you wanted one
8. Straight up lack of perks

I am still going to spend money on the team but not interested in the $7,700 invoice I received due in May. I wish I made the money I do now when I was in my 20’s because back then I wanted to be at every game. Now I enjoy watching a weekday game on PVR delay after I get my daughter to bed. I am at a point in my life where I just would rather pick and choose the games I go to. I am hoping for a hell of a last ride these playoffs.

While team performance is low on my reasons for canceling there is no way I would ride out a rebuild considering all my other reasons. 3 of this teams top 4 scorers are free agents and one of the top 4 D. Tough summer ahead to ensure this team remains on a good path. Even if I was still considering staying I would need to know this team is going to remain a contender instead of being given an invoice to pay in full in 3 weeks while I still have huge invoices to pay for upcoming playoff games
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 08:05 PM   #31
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My tickets appear to have increased over $1000, for next year. I’ve been a STH since 03/04 and I’m pretty sure this is it for me. Yes they have done great this year and as a fan since they moved to Calgary, I’m loving every minute of it. But for myself the economics just don’t work any more. I never ever thought I’d just give up my tickets but here we are….
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2022, 08:25 PM   #32
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Is it a full refund? I was left with the impression it was a credit for future events (i.e. single game ticket purchases)
I think it's best to ask your ticket rep, I'd be curious if anything has changed with covid. Pre-Covid I was considering giving up my seats and talked to my rep and he said they'd give a FULL refund right up until August. Best to check if that has changed now for whatever reason.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:28 PM   #33
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
With regards to inflation, I don't really like the increase, but it was obvious there was going to be concequences to "money printer go brrr". The bill has come due for the "free money" that back stopped CERB, corporate bailouts and host of other policy responses. There's no free lunch.
Not to derail this thread... but are we really going to ignore things like the pandemic, supply chain disruptions, computer chip shortage, Suez Canal blockage, the war in Ukraine and resulting sanctions... and simply blame all the inflation on "evil money printing"...?
Old 04-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #34
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Looks like my center Blues went up 10.5% as well.

I’m in the same boat as others, I cannot make it to as many games as in the past and it is very difficult to recover even the season ticket cost for most games. If I assign the 4 preseason games a zero dollar value, the regular season games cost me $205/pair. Outside of weekend games and the few big draw games, I’ve had little luck selling games to “strangers” for any money. lol. Usually if my small group of friends who can afford to pay for tickets, cannot or do not want to go, I expand to a larger group of friends who would like to go but cannot afford to pay, and I’ll eat the cost.

I’ll keep them for next year, if anyone in is interested in taking a share, shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Reggie28; 04-25-2022 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Typo
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:37 PM   #35
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
Not to derail this thread... but are we really going to ignore things like the pandemic, supply chain disruptions, computer chip shortage, Suez Canal blockage, the war in Ukraine and resulting sanctions... and simply blame all the inflation on "evil money printing"...?
Basic economics says yes. The supply of money has skyrocketed the last two years. The supply of everything else hasn't.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:48 PM   #36
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Every year we hear how everyone is cancelling and the dome is gonna be empty. Grain of salt
Old 04-26-2022, 07:46 AM   #37
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The ticket group is the way to go. We now have 5 people, split
our PL’s, row 2. We swap tickets around as needed and always get to go with a good friend. My cost for my share next year is $600. Seems very palatable compared to the full cost of $3000 and an annual time commitment I can’t make.

For those who wonder, we just draw numbers for playoffs 1-5(1/2,3/4,5/1,2/3) and carry that on for the playoffs. Thankfully this year we picked up 2 extra seats to each game.

It makes it more affordable, reasonable and fun then carrying the full load.
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:15 AM   #38
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m also in blue centers and $205 cost per game is absolutely crazy. It is tough to sell most games I can’t attend. I’ll keep this upcoming season, though, since I was lucky in the draw for pushing some of the seats during the 50% capacity. That does reduce my expenses owed, a bit. I’m honestly not sure beyond this upcoming season, though.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #39
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If anyone is interested in splitting half share of 4 green seats and every second playoff game at STH price starting next year let me know sec 218 row 21
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:52 AM   #40
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the cost to watch the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote