Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #241
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

We make a bunch of dough at once and freeze it only partially rolled out. Pull it out in the morning to thaw, roll it out after work, pizza is ready pretty quick.

We also grate cheese in the food processor and freeze a giant bag of that too.

Sauce is made in the crock pot, and again split up and stored.

With all that in the freezer, it probably takes 20 minutes to whip up a homemade pizza on a weekday.

Oh, and we keep a bunch of house salami from Rocky's Sausage Haus. That stuff is freaking deadly and kills anything you can buy at a grocery store.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #242
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
I wanted to try this place out last night.

No website.
no online menu.

Hopefully they get properly set up soon. Looks tasty, I'm looking forward to trying it.
The Windsor Star reporter who wrote the article said the owners were overwhelmed with response to their soft opening and were so swamped they were open 3 days and then had to close for the weekend!! They thought it would be a small side business. One of the co-owners works full time! I don't know how that's going to work out.

Doesn't seem they were quite ready for all that running this particular business entails. Hopefully they will get it sorted, they said the response was very good for the open they did have.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #243
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I get my pre-made dough at Mercato, made fresh daily. It costs $5 and makes two thin crust pizzas.

I put my pizza stone in the oven at 500 degrees on convection and transfer the pizza from a peel onto the stone. Takes about 8 minutes and it bubbles up nicely. I made a pesto, shrimp, sundried tomato, and buffalo mozzarella one last weekend and it was delicious.

The only drawback of the Mercato dough is that it is quite salty.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #244
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone wants a super easy gluten free pizza dough, let me know. It's so awesome that you just mix it and pour it. Best GF crust I have ever had. Fluffy!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #245
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Full Circle Pizza opened on 17th last month in the old Bensonhurst spot (damn that place had awful service), and I've been dragging my feet on going there.

Turns out it's ridiculously good. I'm hesitant to post about it in the pizza thread, because while it's technically a "pizza" place, it's definitely more of a foodie magnet kind of deal, with a wide gamut of off-beat pizzas, amazing seafood, and homemade desserts.

https://www.facebook.com/fullcirclepizza/

The octopus pizza is ridiculousssssss.

EDIT: Wanted to add that while it's a high-quality type place, the prices are actually really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 01-19-2016 at 11:22 AM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #246
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If anyone wants a super easy gluten free pizza dough, let me know. It's so awesome that you just mix it and pour it. Best GF crust I have ever had. Fluffy!
Actually I'm interested. I have a cousin-in-law who is celiac (the real celiac, not the trendy celiac), and pizza nights for him always end up being a bummer.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #247
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My recipe
Spoiler!

The nice thing is you can use a bigger pan for a thinner crust, but I like it fluffy. I understand why pizza nights can be a bummer, most rice crusts are thin and gummy.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #248
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^ Right on, I'll have to give that a try.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #249
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
Michaels on 10th ave.

I've taken about five people there now. Every one of them has returned with me or without. The pizza is very similar to atlas pizza. Is it a bit better or a bit worse than atlas is debatable. If you don't like atlas pizza then chances are you won't like Michaels either.
Just wanted to comment that we tried Michaels last week. You are right that it is very similar to Atlas. I really enjoyed it and will be going back. The one thing I noted was that it didn't have a very salty taste; which was good. Staff were all friendly, good service and good food.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #250
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Stopped in Priddis for lunch at Priddis Pizza Waterfront Pub. I ordered a 10" Hawaiian (you people that hate pineapple should go get yourselves checked by a doctor), and they brought me out an 8". I nicely pointed it out, and the waitress kindly offered me a deal. I didn't really want to wait to eat, so she told me to eat the 8", and that she'd get me a second 8" in a to go box. Sounded like a pretty good way to fix a minor problem, until I got my apology pizza. I don't know if the pizza cook was mad at me for his mistake, but this was my apology pizza:

So, um, thanks? I ate the two pieces that actually had something on them, and then closed the box and gave it to the waitress and told her she could give the rest of it to the pizza cook as my tip.

The place is amateur hour. I had lunch there last week and my buddy and I ate our food with empty glasses for at least 10 minutes, while the bartender (who might be the owner) stood 10' away from us, putting cutlery in napkins. We were literally the only patrons in the pub, and we were sitting perpendicular to him, so it's not like one of us was blocking his view of our empty beers. I guess he's not interested in making money?

For the record, I wouldn't have even gone there today, after the crappy service last Wednesday, but I was in the area again, and the only other place in town is closed on Mondays.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #251
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^if that's the place I think it is, you know who the owners/operators are, right?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #252
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Anyone try pza parlor on MacLeod and Southland the old ceilies
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #253
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
^if that's the place I think it is, you know who the owners/operators are, right?
No. I don't. I do know the previous owners, though. By coincidence.

Whoever the current owners/operators are, they really need to step their game up. Pretty pathetic when they can't handle one table at lunch.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #254
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

When I walk into places like that my first thought is it's a front business which sucks for the people who actually want good food.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #255
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

Go on...
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #256
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
I thought they had a coffee shop, not a pub?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #257
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Red & White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
Anyone try pza parlor on MacLeod and Southland the old ceilies
I was there a few weeks ago. A little pricey, the pizza was ok. I had the Johnny Gaudreau, which was sausage, bacon and pepperoni I think.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #258
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I thought they had a coffee shop, not a pub?
Sorry guys, I don't always check these subforums (although you should totally go into the sponsored ones!)

Its owned and operated by former poster FirstLady and her husband Cory Morgan. I'm assuming that its the same place anyway. I don't know of more pizza places in Priddis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #259
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry guys, I don't always check these subforums (although you should totally go into the sponsored ones!)

Its owned and operated by former poster FirstLady and her husband Cory Morgan. I'm assuming that its the same place anyway. I don't know of more pizza places in Priddis.
There's also Priddis Cafe and Grill, which serves pizza.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #260
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
There's also Priddis Cafe and Grill, which serves pizza.
And that might be the one they own. The one in the big brown building with the gas station is the one I am referring to and they do have a cafe basically attached.