Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #2201
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Its a comic book spoiler so I'll refrain from saying anything, even though AMC is plastering it all over social media. I got curious and fell into that rabbit hole. Stupid AMC.

I have to say S9 has been way more enjoyable since I'd have to say S5 IMO. That was the last time I was really truly invested into watching it every sunday.
I never watched the Talking Dead for that reason and only use social media to keep track of friends/family.

I guess I will wait to see, but so help me god if it is talking walkers....

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #2202
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I never watched the Talking Dead for that reason and only use social media to keep track of friends/family.

I guess I will wait to see, but so help me god if it is talking walkers....
Can we call them talkie walkies?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #2203
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Can we call them talkie walkies?
"I was saying Booo---urns."

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #2204
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shouldn't most walkers be severely decomposed by now? I would assume the walker population should be slowing down due to most either dying in the first year of the outbreak or were already dead.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 11-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #2205
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, that seems like it's a major flaw in the whole thing. You'd need a fresh supply of people dying for 10 years, and it would seem most people didn't make it past the first year. By this point most walkers would be trapped somewhere, or washed away to the ocean.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #2206
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of logical flaws, wouldn't dreadlocks be like, the worst hair style to have? No way are you getting those zombie guts out. They'd be saturated, and would absolutely reek. Sorry King, Carol ain't gonna stand for that dirty rats nest on your head.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #2207
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Speaking of logical flaws, wouldn't dreadlocks be like, the worst hair style to have? No way are you getting those zombie guts out. They'd be saturated, and would absolutely reek. Sorry King, Carol ain't gonna stand for that dirty rats nest on your head.
I think long hair in general would be.

If you're not able to shower/maintain hygiene it would be the first thing I would sacrifice.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #2208
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, that seems like it's a major flaw in the whole thing. You'd need a fresh supply of people dying for 10 years, and it would seem most people didn't make it past the first year. By this point most walkers would be trapped somewhere, or washed away to the ocean.
On a similar note, I found it odd that a group that had lasted as long as Magna's would be silly enough to find themselves stuck out in a field with nothing and walkers all around.

You would think their danger radar would be finely tuned having survived for this long. Just seems odd that they would put themselves in a vulnerable position.

Quote:

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 11-13-2018 at 02:27 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #2209
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
On a similar note, I found it odd that a group that had lasted as long as Magna's would be silly enough to find themselves stuck out in a field with nothing and walkers all around.

You would think their danger radar would be finely tuned having survived for this long. Just seems odd that they would put themselves is a vulnerable position.
That's how I felt after Carl bit the dust.

You'd think he'd be weathered enough to not get bitten like he did.

Also why is a 10 year old (?) walking past the walls of Alexandria? You'd think they would keep Judith on a tight leash until she's a bit older to handle walkers on her own.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 11-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #2210
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Shouldn't most walkers be severely decomposed by now? I would assume the walker population should be slowing down due to most either dying in the first year of the outbreak or were already dead.
I was just thinking that. Even if the walkers aren't decaying at a normal rate, they would still be exposed to the elements and fall apart pretty quickly.

If you really want to go down this rabbit hole, the laws of thermodynamics would mean that the walkers, who seem to be endlessly walking, would be burning their own mass as fuel and fall apart within days. The physics and dynamics required for human movement would be impossible fairly quickly as well. You also need a functioning heart and set of limbs to move nutrients and oxygen through the body to make muscle movement possible.

The zombies are also dispatched with any kind of damage to the brain. A pocket knife piercing the skull is enough. Considering that many of the zombies brains are already falling apart, I don't see why an additional cut to brain ends their function.

The whole idea of zombies is physically impossible and would require some kind of supernatural force. It's best not to think about that when watching any kind of material with zombies.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #2211
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good to see Henry is still useless and a massive liability 7 yrs down the road.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 11-13-2018 at 03:05 PM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #2212
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The whole idea of zombies is physically impossible and would require some kind of supernatural force. It's best not to think about that when watching any kind of material with zombies.
World War Z is probably closer to plausibility where it's a pandemic that turns people into rabid creatures but once the brain and hart cease to function there's no plausible way for an organism to continue to go on.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #2213
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
World War Z is probably closer to plausibility where it's a pandemic that turns people into rabid creatures but once the brain and hart cease to function there's no plausible way for an organism to continue to go on.
The rage zombie is definitely more plausible. The problem there again is that if you're constantly moving and in a state of frenzy, you're going to burn through resources pretty quickly. Your body would dehydrate and then your tissues would tear apart within a few days. Imagine a marathon runner who doesn't stop running or break for water/food for days at a time.

Realistically, zombies aren't that scary of a threat. It would be like fighting normal people....who have no intelligence or ability to handle weapons. It would suck if you were in an enclosed space or overrun by a hoard of them. However, the idea of zombies being able to overrun fortified military bases is pretty absurd. Modern rounds would physically tear them apart, and the crowds would just trip over eachother. Generally, crowds of zombies would be a lot less effective, as they would just trample each other.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #2214
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Don't even get me started on logical flaws.

You would think 3 months in, every survivor would have a bag full of zombie blood on their hip at all times, and a knife on a long stick.

You could literally dispatch hundreds of zombies with zero threat to yourself with a spear.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #2215
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

The show would be boring if they made smart choices.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #2216
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Its boring and they make dumb choices hahaha!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #2217
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the same show where they tied Glenn to some rickety fixture, and had him lowered into a well so they could try and grab a zombie and get it out of a well.

Except the ####ing zombie had already been bitten (presumably) and fallen into the well, like anyone was going to be drinking water from a well that had an open-wound zombie marinating in it for days. Except that was somehow the whole point in trying to get it out.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #2218
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Y-awn.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #2219
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty uneventful episode tonight.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #2220
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So that's how they are going with Maggie, eh? uh, she's just kinda gone. been gone for awhile. Off with that other person we saw twice. And, uh, Michone had no idea of this? Seems it would be a major plot point if we hadn't jumped 7 years. It just felt like they were trying to treat it like it was no big deal.