Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #761
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Haha it was the phone

Koeman just made a bad call I think leaving, I said when it happened, ride out another year at Southampton and he's probably the favorite for the arsenal job this or next summer

Maybe even barca with his history there
So what you're saying is that he dodged a bullet? Once Ozil and Sanchez leave that club is in shambles as it stands now.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #762
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
So what you're saying is that he dodged a bullet? Once Ozil and Sanchez leave that club is in shambles as it stands now.
As it stands now that shambolic club sit above you lot in the table and are a short time removed from handing out a good schooling to the almighty Spurs.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #763
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
As it stands now that shambolic club sit above you lot in the table and are a short time removed from handing out a good schooling to the almighty Spurs.
Yeah, everything is rosy and perfect there. It's a good thing that Tottenham is the bar by which all success is judged I suppose.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #764
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one said anything about rosy and perfect. Just "as it stands now" they're in better shape than your own team.
And this is them at a low point and you guys supposedly on some sort of trophyless high.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #765
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No one said anything about rosy and perfect. Just "as it stands now" they're in better shape than your own team.
And this is them at a low point and you guys supposedly on some sort of trophyless high.
Well to each their own. If their only success is to be ahead of us (for the first time in what....11months?) then sure, they're having an excellent year.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #766
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
not really

thats a top 10 job in the world as a manager, and unlike SAF the ending of Wenger is going to be greeted with relief IMO, not just because of people hating him but it's just time

whomever takes over is going to get a good sized grace period to put their stamp on the club, the ownership clearly doesnt like to meddle except for changing the password on the bank accounts, and the wenger-out brigade won't be able to turn on the new manager quickly
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #767
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well to each their own. If their only success is to be ahead of us (for the first time in what....11months?) then sure, they're having an excellent year.
Dude, seriously? I'm a big Spurs fan but this is a bit rich considering our only recent "success" has been finishing above Arsenal for the first time in decades.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #768
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Erik Lamela is alive!

its going to take awhile, but before he got injured was one of Spurs most important players, especially on pressing

I think he makes a big impact after probably taking maybe a month to get up to speed, also good to have another offensive minded offensive midfielder

in games where Alli, Eriksen, and Son started, were lacking a sub at that same level to bring on, having 4 is good
Old 11-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #769
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was pretty excited when I saw that, as much for the player as I am for the team. Hopefully he can return to form.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #770
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beauty goal by Vardy. Spurs are a mess right now, kinda feels like their season peaked with the Madrid win.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #771
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Dude, seriously? I'm a big Spurs fan but this is a bit rich considering our only recent "success" has been finishing above Arsenal for the first time in decades.
Again though, is the only measuring stick how we are? They've done virtually nothing, and yeah they beat us a couple games ago. In other news they lost to Koln (who have what...2 points all season in eh Bundesliga?) and it took a dodgy penalty for them to escape with a win at Burnley. So yeah, people can say "well they're better than Spurs" and that's lovely. It doesn't mean they're good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Beauty goal by Vardy. Spurs are a mess right now, kinda feels like their season peaked with the Madrid win.
Spurs are dominating the game, and then get hit with two great goals against. Just nothing going their way at this point.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #772
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Helluva free kick from Young.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #773
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spurs are dominating the game, and then get hit with two great goals against. Just nothing going their way at this point.
I think Pep is simply right, they're Harry Kane FC. When he isn't rolling they're mediocre.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #774
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Helluva free kick from Young.
First one was nice too, the announcers here said it was lucky cause it went between the defenders legs

He did that on purpose, great hit
Old 11-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #775
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice for Lamela, gets an assist a minute after coming in

Frustrating result, bad patch of form it's going to happen to everyone but city this year, I'd rather have it now than later in December when the games are coming quickly.

Any talk of a season peaking in October or a team that has has the best defense in England and are 2nd in xgoal difference over the last 24 months is just piping hot takery at the Skip Bayless level
Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #776
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a super small sample size but Zlatan somehow looks even quicker than he did pre injury
Old 11-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #777
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
not really

thats a top 10 job in the world as a manager, and unlike SAF the ending of Wenger is going to be greeted with relief IMO, not just because of people hating him but it's just time

whomever takes over is going to get a good sized grace period to put their stamp on the club, the ownership clearly doesnt like to meddle except for changing the password on the bank accounts, and the wenger-out brigade won't be able to turn on the new manager quickly
In the last week, we've lifted Dortmund's fantastic and progressive Head of Scouting and signed an experienced Barca executive as our de facto Director of Football. Talented gentlemen who will get to help oversee a rebuild of a club that is still one of the wealthiest in the world. It's been surprisingly positive.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #778
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
In the last week, we've lifted Dortmund's fantastic and progressive Head of Scouting and signed an experienced Barca executive as our de facto Director of Football. Talented gentlemen who will get to help oversee a rebuild of a club that is still one of the wealthiest in the world. It's been surprisingly positive.
I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that's probably going to be the most desired job opening in world football in the near future. Having Mislintat and Sanllehi behind the scenes is going to be massive for them going forward, and taking over from Wenger with those guys in the front office is going to be enticing for sure.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #779
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that's probably going to be the most desired job opening in world football in the near future. Having Mislintat and Sanllehi behind the scenes is going to be massive for them going forward, and taking over from Wenger with those guys in the front office is going to be enticing for sure.
I agree, as long as theres money and no meddling. That looks like some seriously good work.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #780
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
It's the opposite of a poisoned chalice that the man u job was, or barca after pep

Everyone knows it needs a rebuild, especially if Sanchez and Ozil go, so expectations won't be high, but resources will be there to buy smart and young, plus a strong academy is in place

Barring a Rodgers esque performance in his Liverpool days, stay away from sealed envelopes and quotes that genuinely could have been written by David Brent, the honeymoon period is going to last at least 2 seasons imo